Thread: community work in thailand

Default community work in thailand

A chance to participate in a meaningful activity

Seeking an avid photographer with the heart and warmth to join us to touch the lives of children in an upcoming community involvement project in Northern Thailand.

Details:
    We are a group of individuals, average age 20-21
    2-3 weeks duration, Novemeber 2007 period (please be prepared to contribute quite abit over the course of preparation especially during weekends)
    Planning phase has yet to start
    Will be contributing to a school in Northern Thailand
    Be prepared to fork out for the trip and other expenses

Who to apply?
    Age 18-25
    English speaking, if know Thai even better
    No gender preference
    Good with children (8-16)
    Driven and motivated
    Experience in such activities
    Of course, you must have the heart for it.

This trip would be a good phototaking experience, that is why decided to open to the community here. Some photos from the previous one i went can be found here
    hope it whets your appetite heh
    Do PM me for more details or any clarification if you are interested

Default Re: community work in thailand

any reason why impose an age limit?

oh would just like to keep to the avg age of around 20..
    but will just look at how is the response lor, wudnt mind with a much more senior person aroound helping us out too

yups, just to clarify, will be starting the planning from next month on right until november before setting off for thailand for the execution. interested can just pm me for more details
    cheers.

maybe u can try approach NYAA or GAHA? Think they have something similar in the pipeline. They might be able to help secure sponsors and other assistance...
    Canon 400D, 60D & 6D | Canon 10-22 & 24-105 L & 100-400 L | 580EX II

we are looking at finding organisations after we settled down proper the details with a firmed up group.
    some updates: tentative dates 24th - 9/10th dec. exploring thailand and cambodia as 2 possible locations, still deciding. will be looking to start planning/first meeting around 2nd/3rd week May
    those interested can still pm me, opening it up to all with the interest in community work!
    living to hope.
    Photobucket album - here | Photo blog - here

Quote Originally Posted by de5truction View Post
    we are looking at finding organisations after we settled down proper the details with a firmed up group.
    some updates: tentative dates 24th - 9/10th dec. exploring thailand and cambodia as 2 possible locations, still deciding. will be looking to start planning/first meeting around 2nd/3rd week May
    those interested can still pm me, opening it up to all with the interest in community work!
    i'm sure it will be much easier to find sponsors if u work with NYAA/GAHA as their network is much bigger and very established. with their support u can get more people to join and more media coverage as well. do consider. if u need to talk to someone i can help u link up as I'm in GAHA.
    Canon 400D, 60D & 6D | Canon 10-22 & 24-105 L & 100-400 L | 580EX II