Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5101314151617202540 ... LastLast

Thread: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XVII - At night u shall be a naughty uncle Errz ..

Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XVII - At night u shall be a naughty uncle Errz

Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL View Post
    I think you got to consider gigabit switch and something more expandable than relying on stuff like the buffalo you're using... you're scary ... time to backup your stuff rather than let it sit in the NAS.

I've already got 2 linux servers running as NAS and a separate linksys NSLU2 running my usual backups and system recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    did all less video with my current setup laio.

however, I might just end up with a basic QX system first... another important thing to buy after 1D3 is a NAS-RAID5 (hopefully can get the 1TB version) buffalo or something.... already used 400G out of my 500G RAID5 HDD liao.

1D3

Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XVII - At night u shall be a naughty uncle Errz

Quote Originally Posted by madmacs View Post
    if you wan to enjoy, dun think so much about electricity bill. its entertainment costs mah
    ... i wouldn't want to spend 7xx-8xx on a card that'll obsolete damn fast lah .. scary man ...sticking to mid-range is still the best i guess

Quote Originally Posted by gryphon View Post

1D3
    So you getting it also?

... i wouldn't want to spend 7xx-8xx on a card that'll obsolete damn fast lah .. scary man ...sticking to mid-range is still the best i guess
    but then you will spend an equal amount or more on other pc components which obsolete even faster

get a mac..

but then you will spend an equal amount or more on other pc components which obsolete even faster

get a mac..
    Can't bring myself to ... and give up games like C&C 3 / Need For Speed Carbon

Can't bring myself to ... and give up games like C&C 3 / Need For Speed Carbon
    still got bootcamp mah

So you getting it also?

unless someone wants my mkII for a good price or I tio 4D or Toto big prize

u cant imagine how much $$ is leave in my bank account after reno, wedding, honeymoon.

still got bootcamp mah
    Not that stable lah

u cant imagine how much $$ is leave in my bank account after reno, wedding, honeymoon.
    aiya ...standard la ... but hey ... its a once in a lifetime thing ... treasure it ...

unless someone wants my mkII for a good price or I tio 4D or Toto big prize
    .. its still a decent body lah ... don't forsee upgrading for the next few years already

Not that stable lah
    windows also not stable mah

windows also not stable mah
    Mac hardware too proprietary .. can't use back alot of stuff.. if obsolete - whole think chunk .. abit

Mac hardware too proprietary .. can't use back alot of stuff.. if obsolete - whole think chunk .. abit
    not anymore... most components are industry standard.

anyway see this

http://robschumacher.blogspot.com/2007/04/get-mac.html

anyway why you worry? macs take longer to obsolete than window pc. say you use a windows pc... once obsolete you practically throw the whole thing away also. video cards keep getting more powerful, ram formats keep changing, hdd hardly last more than 3 years, motherboards may not support new cpus. you still want to keep these meh?

not anymore... most components are industry standard.

anyway see this

http://robschumacher.blogspot.com/2007/04/get-mac.html

... i've had enough of vista lah ... day in day out use/see @ work i also sian... slow startup - SIAN ... see the amount of resources it consumes - SIAN ... bloody freaking OS eats up about 20GB of space is pure MADNESS.

Its bloatware.

anyway why you worry? macs take longer to obsolete than window pc. say you use a windows pc? once obsolete you practically throw the whole thing away also. video cards keep getting more powerful, ram formats keep changing, hdd hardly last more than 3 years, motherboards may not support new cpus. you still want to keep these meh?
    Obsolete - still can run linux leh use as my NAS/web server

Video cards - obsolete like no one's business nowadays ...

HDD - still ok lah ... mine > 3 years

Motherboards - got to plan and choose which one to select so you don't end up at a dead end.

Obsolete - still can run linux leh use as my NAS/web server

Video cards - obsolete like no one's business nowadays ...

HDD - still ok lah ... mine > 3 years

Motherboards - got to plan and choose which one to select so you don't end up at a dead end.
    hehe..mac obsolete still can run linux also...or could remain on os x and do the same thing

... i've had enough of vista lah ... day in day out use/see @ work i also sian... slow startup - SIAN ... see the amount of resources it consumes - SIAN ... bloody freaking OS eats up about 20GB of space is pure MADNESS.

Its bloatware.
    20gig!

ppl have loaded full blown os x on apple tv and still have lots of space

20gig!

ppl have loaded full blown os x on apple tv and still have lots of space
    Don't ask me ... the base install of windows ultimate already consumed my system of 11GB+

Windows XP also not that big