Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 69

Thread: Guard of Honour Boo Boo

  1. #41
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Hougang
    Posts
    456

    Default Re: Guard of Honour Boo Boo

    Quote Originally Posted by glennyong View Post
    SPDS badge... u must see if its a sliver one or gold one... red or black backing.. hahahaha...

    SAFPU dun send their pple for diving course lah.....

    i dun think they need to catch convicts under water...

    aiyah.. this one small mistake no need to get so uptight about sign 7 or sign 14 lah...
    For your info, the unit is now called MP Command; no longer SAFPU.

  2. #42

    Default Re: Guard of Honour Boo Boo

    Quote Originally Posted by redstorm View Post
    For your info, the unit is now called MP Command; no longer SAFPU.
    us old timers will always refer it as SAFPU...

  3. #43

    Default Re: Guard of Honour Boo Boo

    hmmm i still don't see anythng wrong.. except for the 1st guy... who's the shorterst.. not having the bayonet (the knife thingi?) and he didn't wear the 'belt' ?
    didn't notice anyone making funny faces though

  4. #44
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,655

    Default Re: Guard of Honour Boo Boo

    Quote Originally Posted by rOnGrEn View Post
    hmmz.. I got an innocent question...Why the newspaper never spot/edit/crop it before publishing the photo??

    to maintain the "truthfulness" of the situation?? or to maintain photographic "rule" of not cropping and cutting off people at body joints? for composition? or simply cos never spot??

    Just wondering...Do newspaper photographs strictly follow an aspect ratio?? If keeping the aspect ratio, cropping the last guard-of-honour out will result in the Crown Prince being cropped off awkwardly.. so is that why they left it as it is?
    newspapers are not allowed to edit the pics. photographers do not have time to edit every photo, merely basic colour editing. no particular aspect ratio is followed too. the dimensions of the image to be used is based on the size allocation of that particular article.
    eat. drink. shoot

  5. #45
    Senior Member glennyong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    5,587

    Default Re: Guard of Honour Boo Boo

    Quote Originally Posted by mervlam View Post
    us old timers will always refer it as SAFPU...


    MP Command sounds so

    so next time, infantry called infantry command, armour, called armour command.

    command here and there.. pple get confused.

    i still like the word SAFPU... i dunno why... the word command is just so..... macam wayang.

  6. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Punggol 21
    Posts
    967

    Default Re: Guard of Honour Boo Boo

    Quote Originally Posted by glennyong View Post


    MP Command sounds so

    so next time, infantry called infantry command, armour, called armour command.

    command here and there.. pple get confused.

    i still like the word SAFPU... i dunno why... the word command is just so..... macam wayang.
    Command & Conquer 4?

  7. #47

    Default Re: Guard of Honour Boo Boo

    There is nothing wrong....... the Spec at the start of the row doesnt have bayonet. Just go refer to all old photos of parades. All are the same, Spec no bayonet..... As some said, this kind of event, will be double and triple check. No room for such obvious errors.

  8. #48

    Default Re: Guard of Honour Boo Boo

    now bayonets can fix onto SAR21?

  9. #49
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    387

    Default Re: Guard of Honour Boo Boo

    it is correct....the first and the last person of the whole GOH team will not hold any bayonets. They are the front and back line marker. So they are usually the most senior in the parade.

  10. #50
    Senior Member hanqiang1011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Tiny Red Dot...
    Posts
    2,553

    Default Re: Guard of Honour Boo Boo

    Quote Originally Posted by rOnGrEn View Post
    hmmz.. I got an innocent question...Why the newspaper never spot/edit/crop it before publishing the photo??

    to maintain the "truthfulness" of the situation?? or to maintain photographic "rule" of not cropping and cutting off people at body joints? for composition? or simply cos never spot??

    Just wondering...Do newspaper photographs strictly follow an aspect ratio?? If keeping the aspect ratio, cropping the last guard-of-honour out will result in the Crown Prince being cropped off awkwardly.. so is that why they left it as it is?
    PhotoJournalist or Press Photographers are to maintain the "truthfulness" of very pictures they take. Not only because too many photos to edit but it is due to the rule of the trade. Min. PS is to crop, dodge/burn, adjust exposure and add a bit sharpness. Additions/subtraction of details and alterations (colors) of pictures are not allow.

    There are no fixed ratio to follow. The editor or any reporter before attaching the pictures will come to visit the PJ or photographer to tell him how to crop to fit into the reporter's column.

    Last edited by hanqiang1011; 16th April 2007 at 03:04 PM.

  11. #51

    Default Re: Guard of Honour Boo Boo

    Why that guy is without bayonet is because he is a LEFT MARKER for the parade. If you notice.. the LEFT & RIGHT Markers all the Guard of Honour parades are without bayonets.
    An additional knowledge, yea?

  12. #52

    Default Re: Guard of Honour Boo Boo

    Quote Originally Posted by witheredlove View Post
    Why that guy is without bayonet is because he is a LEFT MARKER for the parade. If you notice.. the LEFT & RIGHT Markers all the Guard of Honour parades are without bayonets.
    An additional knowledge, yea?
    you sign up just to post this?

    wow!

  13. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Dreamy Nikon Land
    Posts
    2,874

    Default Re: Guard of Honour Boo Boo

    Second that. lol.
    Andy Ang :lovegrin: - "A Photo speaks a thousand words. Have you spoken today?"
    APAD | Blog

  14. #54
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default Re: Guard of Honour Boo Boo

    he signed up in jul 2006 lah.. this is his first post.

    Anyway, ok.. the truth is out.. the bayonet wasn't the boo boo.. it was the upside down IPPT badge. So I guess we can all stop repeating the same knowledge
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  15. #55
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Central Singapore (Tiong Bahru
    Posts
    643

    Default Re: Guard of Honour Boo Boo

    as a spec, u dont need bayonet in front or behind as u are the markers...

    then i spot only the ippt badge...
    Simple Is Beautiful...

  16. #56

    Default Re: Guard of Honour Boo Boo

    Quote Originally Posted by witheredlove View Post
    Why that guy is without bayonet is because he is a LEFT MARKER for the parade. If you notice.. the LEFT & RIGHT Markers all the Guard of Honour parades are without bayonets.
    An additional knowledge, yea?
    Absolutely right U must be from the provost unit!

    folks, so do not jump to conclusions so fast!

  17. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Raffles Place
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: Guard of Honour Boo Boo

    Quote Originally Posted by nottipiglet View Post
    Spot 2 things wrong with the guard of honour...

    http://app.mfa.gov.sg/2006/press/vie...p?post_id=2310

    Quite funny. I think he should sign extra.
    yah hor.. ! even uncle lee is looking at that guard. I think sure sign ! 7 weekends burned standing at Istana liao... !

  18. #58

    Default Re: Guard of Honour Boo Boo

    They are not Military Police but from other units. Look at the badges on their chest. ^^

  19. #59
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Raffles Place
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: Guard of Honour Boo Boo

    Quote Originally Posted by leejay View Post
    They are not Military Police but from other units. Look at the badges on their chest. ^^
    Commando ? all no wear spects... worse.. double punishment for special unit.. 2*7 = 14 extras !

  20. #60

    Default Re: Guard of Honour Boo Boo

    Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    Commando ? all no wear spects... worse.. double punishment for special unit.. 2*7 = 14 extras !
    Heheh, the badge looks like maybe divers too. Super fit.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •