Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2007 FORMULA 1™ Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix

Default Re: 2007 FORMULA 1™ Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix

Ferrari weakness during the race was the hard compound tyres. When using the soft ones, they're faster than McLaren but when both switched to the hard ones after the 2nd pit, McLaren have the edge.

But bear in mind that this is a revolutionary Ferrari car instead of a evolutionary one, so the experience with Bridgestone tyres might not benefit them. They have done very well to maintain their standard and challange for 1st.

Look at last season's champ, Renault!

So wat is the results? Can someone post them here?

Bro wrx_sti_22b, please read page 3, post #49 of this thread for the results.

Ah, OK la. Here is the link: http://forums.clubsnap.org/showpost....1&postcount=49

Quote Originally Posted by Gunbucker View Post
    I suspect that too. You can see how quickly Hamilton picked up pace after the 2nd pit stop. Kimi was just about 2 seconds away, and already at full throttle when Hamilton's McLaren barely left the pit lane with fresh tyres. But after that very narrow window of opportunity, the gap widened to 4+ seconds.
    The Mclarens on cold tyres cannot possibly beat the Ferraris on warm tyres. As regards the widening of the gap after the second pit stop, I suspect Kimi was aware that once Hamilton got out in front of him, it is practically impossible to overtake the Mclarens and so instead of attacking and trying to overtake, he did his best to maintain his 3rd place and dropped his pace to conserve the engine. Hamilton was the first to pit during the first round but he took in 9.9 seconds of fuel and although Kimi pitted later, he took in much lesser. Had Kimi taken on an extra 1.5 seconds or so of fuel during his first pit stop, I suspect he would have done enough to make up the extra 2 seconds or so. It was obvious Kimi was catching Hamilton just before he went for his second stop.

If only Kimi had kept in front of Alonso, it would have been a Ferrari 1-2. What a pity.

I am a Ferrari supporter and have been supporting them for over 20 years, times when they were not even challenging for the championship. I hope they find a way to make the cars adapt better to cold tyres.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234