Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234569 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 214

Thread: Criticisms and comments nowadays...

  1. #61

    Default Re: Criticisms and comments nowadays...

    Quote Originally Posted by eow View Post
    neither
    mine is 11th times as thick

  2. #62
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    85

    Default Re: Criticisms and comments nowadays...

    its true that good photos are subjective, but i kinda feel as long as its a scantily clad, well endowed model in the picture, more often than not, it is a "good" picture.
    and furthur more the organised photoshoots titled like "hotter than hot stuf"f, or "sexy baby", or" model in school uniform gets we"t.... its kinda driving cs name down to the ground... its so blatantly low class....

  3. #63

    Default Re: Criticisms and comments nowadays...

    Quote Originally Posted by deepcover View Post
    its true that good photos are subjective, but i kinda feel as long as its a scantily clad, well endowed model in the picture, more often than not, it is a "good" picture.
    and furthur more the organised photoshoots titled like "hotter than hot stuf"f, or "sexy baby", or" model in school uniform gets we"t.... its kinda driving cs name down to the ground... its so blatantly low class....
    ?

    Why is it low-class?

    I have nothing against people shooting babes, whether they are wearing bikini, gorgeous gowns, or wedding dresses. It is all art, and if the times dictate that the people like bikinis more than the girl in the clothes, so be it!

  4. #64

    Default Re: Criticisms and comments nowadays...

    Quote Originally Posted by eow View Post
    jeanie....if u had realised by now and as i had always mentioned when it came to comment and critques especially P&P in particular is a very opionated place... and the funny things are most of the pics in p&P can't even make it in the top 30% percent of the pics posted on web gallery such as flickr..that also included yr dear god father himself.. try to take a look at those pics posted in the world wide web.......be astounded by what the rest of the world can offer ..
    (damn i feel so silly for saying so much)
    i have to agree again....

    please dont make this thread a personal one by insinuating anybody.again, this is a gentle reminder.take it as i'm dousing potential flames.

    why should u feel silly for saying so much?u are definitely entitled to your own opinions.

  5. #65
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Riddle Realms
    Posts
    5,688

    Default Re: Criticisms and comments nowadays...

    Quote Originally Posted by Tetrode View Post
    Your skin is not the only thing that is thick.
    Is this honestly called for?

  6. #66

    Default Re: Criticisms and comments nowadays...

    Quote Originally Posted by eow View Post
    jialat my take home pay is only around 700-800 after cpf deduction ..... may i humbly suggest u paid for the trip and accomodation first.... after the trip i will sacrifice and do the housekeeping , wash car for u can?
    700-800?
    how old are you?19?20?serving NS?regular?

    young brother, big sis here sponsor you lah.

  7. #67

    Default Re: Criticisms and comments nowadays...

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    Why Singapore don't want to do?

    Singapore is BEAUTIFUL, if you explore!
    i've discussed this to death b4, so dont conjure the dead.

    i'm not saying sgp has nothing to shoot.but i've done most of it already.i know if you look closer, you will get diff angles, diff compo, diff shots.
    but i really couldnt stand the heat, the 'lack' of subjects to shoot.

    overseas, every angle i point, makes a potential shot, not to mention their landscapes....oh....THOSE are real landscapes.

    i'm not those 'the grass is greener' on the other side gal, but i really really love the scenary overseas has to offer.

  8. #68

    Default Re: Criticisms and comments nowadays...

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang View Post
    Is this honestly called for?
    It's ok, Mod.. Really.

    Ignore is good. That's why you guys put it in.

    And well, maybe he's praising me, saying that my er... muscles are thick?

  9. #69

    Default Re: Criticisms and comments nowadays...

    Quote Originally Posted by eow View Post
    good good another bro joined me in landscape and still life shooting.... come come...dun be shy jeanie?..... jeanie...?? u still online?
    i just finished my 1 hour aromatherapy soak.still in my bath towel now.

    leave msgs lah.my thread, i surely will read one lah.

  10. #70

    Default Re: Criticisms and comments nowadays...

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    i've discussed this to death b4, so dont conjure the dead.

    i'm not saying sgp has nothing to shoot.but i've done most of it already.i know if you look closer, you will get diff angles, diff compo, diff shots.
    but i really couldnt stand the heat, the 'lack' of subjects to shoot.

    overseas, every angle i point, makes a potential shot, not to mention their landscapes....oh....THOSE are real landscapes.

    i'm not those 'the grass is greener' on the other side gal, but i really really love the scenary overseas has to offer.
    I know what you mean. Everytime I do a new place in Singapore I can't help but wonder if this shot has been taken the same way and will come out looking the same way with the same colours, etc.

    Sunsets/Sunrise! DIFFERENT COLOURS, DIFFERENT CLOUDS! EVERYDAY! RAWRRRR!

    Don't worry, I don't think you're that sort either, that sort of snobbishness can smell from one thousand miles away! =)

  11. #71

    Default Re: Criticisms and comments nowadays...

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    i have to agree again....

    please dont make this thread a personal one by insinuating anybody.again, this is a gentle reminder.take it as i'm dousing potential flames.

    why should u feel silly for saying so much?u are definitely entitled to your own opinions.
    i'm sorry
    头可断,血可流,倩女不可不追求 carpe diem,when in doubt, hoot first,apologise later:p GALLERY

  12. #72

    Default Re: Criticisms and comments nowadays...

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    700-800?
    how old are you?19?20?serving NS?regular?

    young brother, big sis here sponsor you lah.
    头可断,血可流,倩女不可不追求 carpe diem,when in doubt, hoot first,apologise later:p GALLERY

  13. #73

    Default Re: Criticisms and comments nowadays...

    Quote Originally Posted by deepcover View Post
    its true that good photos are subjective, but i kinda feel as long as its a scantily clad, well endowed model in the picture, more often than not, it is a "good" picture.
    and furthur more the organised photoshoots titled like "hotter than hot stuf"f, or "sexy baby", or" model in school uniform gets we"t.... its kinda driving cs name down to the ground... its so blatantly low class....
    sigh...yet another post i agree on.

    i HATE to agree with you, but i have to cos it's the truth.

    sex sells(as discussed to death), and that's a sure way to go for advertising.

    anyway, back to topic, c&c on pics.we really need 'better' guidance.
    i'm hoping we sgp has a similar forum that meets world class standards.

    i remembered someone told me to take a look at overseas photography forums, and i was totally in awed when i visited the pages.
    i really wonder what they will think/feel when they look at CS.

    admins and mods, please do not misunderstand.i'm not saying CS is crap.i'm just thinking aloud ways that we could benchmark ourselves, at least, in the coming future...

  14. #74

    Default Re: Criticisms and comments nowadays...

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    700-800?
    how old are you?19?20?serving NS?regular?

    young brother, big sis here sponsor you lah.
    Wa, can sponsor how many people?

  15. #75

    Default Re: Criticisms and comments nowadays...

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    but i really couldnt stand the heat
    oh.. i rather have the heat.... here is too cold that sometimes you can't take your hands out of your pockets which makes it hard to shoot

    oh well.. at least spring is coming over here.. so i can go out and shoot again.. haven't touched my camera for more than two months

  16. #76

    Default Re: Criticisms and comments nowadays...

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    admins and mods, please do not misunderstand.i'm not saying CS is crap.i'm just thinking aloud ways that we could benchmark ourselves, at least, in the coming future...
    I bet someone will come in now and say that you are a photography elitist..

    Word of the moment these days!

  17. #77
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Criticisms and comments nowadays...

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    i came into cs because i wanted to share my pics and at the same time pick up some good tips from fellow hobbyists.
    initially when i joined cs, i didnt post much(because i hadnt gotten my Dslr), and i really did learn alot through the honest criticisms and such by looking at members' postings.

    however of late, if you do visit portraiture folder, i see pics which are ...*how should i put it*....not up to a certain standard, and i see some members throwing encouraging comments/remarks.you know, the GOOD words and angel phrases.

    i would like to ask you guys, do you think, by throwing such 'good' comments, it's going to help the fellow cser improve their photography skills?

    everyone likes to hear the good stuff.me included.
    but whenever i post a pic, what i would love to hear are GENUINE,honest criticisms to help me improve.

    i certainly hope CS will not degenerate into a forum where all the harsh, 'bad' but genuine,honest, frank comments are filtered, and frown upon.

    and NO, i didnt started this thread because of the recent friction i had with leejay,lensbaby or the TS in the NIRA thread.

    but this issue has really been bugging me, and it didnt helped when i logged in yesterday and saw DP's thread being locked.IIRC(i didnt read the entire thread), the point he wanted to put across was almost similar to what i have in mind.

    i hope the moderators allow csers to speak their minds and not lock this thread.
    and NO, this is not a flame bait thread and i do not wish to engage with anybody over mindless squabbles.so please, if you have any personal issues with me, pm me.
    1. not everyone's standards are the same
    2. not everyone is a word smith
    3. not everyone can give a critique
    4. not everyone can take a critique

  18. #78
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Riddle Realms
    Posts
    5,688

    Default Re: Criticisms and comments nowadays...

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    sigh...i know cs is open to everyone.
    you have a good point there really.
    i agree.
    I refer to this post...

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    sometimes, frank and outspoken comments are pretty much being frowned on.
    dp's comments is a good example.

    is this the reason why it keeps you guys from shooting the truth about 'pics not up to standards'?
    And this subsequent post... I find that it contradicts each other. On one hand you agree that CS is open to one and all and there are different standards that is inherent in all of us yet at the same time, you also bemoan the fact that certain comments are frowned upon.

    I honestly do not know how to have you understand it from our point of view. If a thread came remain constructive, free of any form of malice, curt replies, pointless answers or even tactless comments, then why would anyone have to shut it down?

  19. #79

    Default Re: Criticisms and comments nowadays...

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    1. not everyone's standards are the same
    2. not everyone is a word smith
    3. not everyone can give a critique
    4. not everyone can take a critique
    You need to give critique more!

    I <3 your photos!

  20. #80

    Default Re: Criticisms and comments nowadays...

    Quote Originally Posted by tdubs View Post
    oh.. i rather have the heat.... here is too cold that sometimes you can't take your hands out of your pockets which makes it hard to shoot

    oh well.. at least spring is coming over here.. so i can go out and shoot again.. haven't touched my camera for more than two months
    i love the cold.give me switzerland anytime.
    thick gloves no prob.got hand warmer can already.

    can i drop by and give u a visit if you are still in vancou in august?

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234569 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •