Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 65

Thread: Advice needed from those staying in HDB corridor units..

  1. #21

    Default Re: Advice needed from those staying in HDB corridor units..

    Quote Originally Posted by contaxable View Post
    Do not think of setting up traps that will hurt as it may end up hurting the wrong folk. Imagine if it was her mom trying to call her from the window only to find her hand being torched by flame.

    Inform the neighbours on that floor and ask them help keep on lookout. If it was a neighbour doing it, the message will be quite clear to that man that he is being watched.

    Going to police may be waste of time. They will just fill in a form for her. Random petrols won't really help much as there are 24hrs to stirke.
    the infra red would be a nice idea. But i m sure if desperate measures are taken, her mum will be informed of the dangers. I doubt she would try to contact her by prying the windows of her daughter's room. I doubt she's at least 1.9m tall, and i doubt she would try to stand on flower pots if she's not tall enough, just to get her daughter's attention. Mothers usually shout outside the house to get attention of their kids. kekeke

    so in my opinion i think either the spy cam methods or the hard methods to deter the bugger would be a better idea. I too agree, reporting to police is not much of a help, the pervert might time the routine patrols and strike at his own convienience.

    to add another suggestion, spend some money, hire a private investigator, stake out at opposite block or something. Take photos of the pervert for evidence. Nail that bugger once and for all. =D
    Last edited by sbs99; 12th April 2007 at 09:20 AM.

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Dry cabinet!
    Posts
    1,757

    Default Re: Advice needed from those staying in HDB corridor units..

    wow yr gf really have perverts in her neighbourhood!
    been staying in a corridor unit for so many years also never come across that extreme cases.

    Must ambush the person, insecticide idea is good.
    If handphone comes into play again... grap the HP. Then got new one liao then can also find out the person doing it.
    Best if you can snap a photo of the guy then paste warnings in the neighbourhood & on the Internet too

  3. #23

    Default Re: Advice needed from those staying in HDB corridor units..

    Report this incident to ur MP/ Grassroot leader during the meet-the-ppl session. Perhaps they will do something cause they ARE efficient isnt it?

    Probably this is more useful and i guess something will be done fast
    Tink bout it my friend...

  4. #24

    Default Re: Advice needed from those staying in HDB corridor units..

    Quote Originally Posted by centuryegg View Post
    I live at a corridor unit too. I put up a cloth that covers half the window. Meaning unless u take a ladder or u jump, you cant look into the house.

    However no offence but is your gf a babe or does she wear quite scantily around the estate? Frankly it is human nature to look into the house but to the extent of taking photos, putting hand in to pull curtain aside? That sounds more like an individual or a group of individuals trying to prev at your gf and I can guarantee it is the same person all this time.. Maybe it is time you thought about why is your gf attracting this kind of attention.
    She doesn't dress scantily when she goes out, neither does she do that inside the house. But there is a huge wall painting she drawn in her room, perhaps thats why it attracts people to peep inside. And those extreme ones will go to further actions like what i mentioned before..

    We initially thought the half cloth is effective, until yesterday when the perv just hold up his HP and shoot from above.

    This morning we derived a new method to cover it. We just use a translucent cloth with pattern (over several layers) to cover the ENTIRE window. We use cloth pegs to secure it along the window grill so there's no way the perv can slide it sideways like how they did it to the poor curtains. And this cloth also allow wind into the room, and light is diffuse too.

    I'm gonna catch the perv red-handed one day.
    Last edited by behyx; 12th April 2007 at 09:40 AM.

  5. #25

    Default Re: Advice needed from those staying in HDB corridor units..

    Quote Originally Posted by sbs99 View Post
    the infra red would be a nice idea. But i m sure if desperate measures are taken, her mum will be informed of the dangers. I doubt she would try to contact her by prying the windows of her daughter's room. I doubt she's at least 1.9m tall, and i doubt she would try to stand on flower pots if she's not tall enough, just to get her daughter's attention. Mothers usually shout outside the house to get attention of their kids. kekeke

    so in my opinion i think either the spy cam methods or the hard methods to deter the bugger would be a better idea. I too agree, reporting to police is not much of a help, the pervert might time the routine patrols and strike at his own convienience.

    to add another suggestion, spend some money, hire a private investigator, stake out at opposite block or something. Take photos of the pervert for evidence. Nail that bugger once and for all. =D
    How much is it to hire a PI like that? just hang around and take picture?

  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Jurong Island
    Posts
    1,124

    Default Re: Advice needed from those staying in HDB corridor units..

    For me, probably what I'll do is to mount a dummy camera casing and put a big warning sign "Security Camera".

  7. #27

    Default Re: Advice needed from those staying in HDB corridor units..

    Quote Originally Posted by behyx View Post
    How much is it to hire a PI like that? just hang around and take picture?
    yeah...tats wat u pay them to do....hang around all day, take photos of any suspicious character trying to be funnyoutside the house.

    u sound like u stay with her, why not you try to stake out? At a block opposite or discreet distance where you can survey the unit?

    Or get a couple of clubsnappers with good zoom lens who are keen on helping you nail this perv. kekeke

    Quote Originally Posted by Lmodel View Post
    For me, probably what I'll do is to mount a dummy camera casing and put a big warning sign "Security Camera".
    i think the perv will just don a cloth mask. lol
    Last edited by sbs99; 12th April 2007 at 09:45 AM.

  8. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Cowtown
    Posts
    1,343

    Default Re: Advice needed from those staying in HDB corridor units..

    Quote Originally Posted by Lmodel View Post
    For me, probably what I'll do is to mount a dummy camera casing and put a big warning sign "Security Camera".
    And then you add another line that says "Chai Toh on the way."

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    270 degree of Singapore
    Posts
    6,741

    Default Re: Advice needed from those staying in HDB corridor units..

    will those etra layer of mosquito protection mesh help if put on the outside of the window grill? But the inside must be darker than outside though
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

  10. #30

    Default Re: Advice needed from those staying in HDB corridor units..

    Quote Originally Posted by sbs99 View Post
    yeah...tats wat u pay them to do....hang around all day, take photos of any suspicious character trying to be funnyoutside the house.

    u sound like u stay with her, why not you try to stake out? At a block opposite or discreet distance where you can survey the unit?

    Or get a couple of clubsnappers with good zoom lens who are keen on helping you nail this perv. kekeke



    i think the perv will just don a cloth mask. lol
    She stay beside the road, so there's no opposite block to spy from.

  11. #31

    Default Re: Advice needed from those staying in HDB corridor units..

    2 possible kind of peeping toms :
    1. Pevert who like to peep to see your pretty gf
    2. Thief who steals anything near to the window

    Recommending Solution
    1. Mosquito protection mesh
    2. Install a security camera
    If you have a broadband connection, you can get an Internet Camera to monitor
    3. Install movement sensor to alert the intruder
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

  12. #32

    Default Re: Advice needed from those staying in HDB corridor units..

    Quote Originally Posted by megaweb View Post
    Recommending Solution
    1. Mosquito protection mesh
    2. Install a security camera
    If you have a broadband connection, you can get an Internet Camera to monitor
    3. Install movement sensor to alert the intruder
    dun try to install no.2 outside your unit...the perv probably will go all out to dismantle it and confiscate...lol

    no.3 is good....like those visitor chimes....got one of those noisy cuckoo bird calling type. kakaka

  13. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    2,156

    Default Re: Advice needed from those staying in HDB corridor units..

    paint the window grille. when he touched it, his hand will be red. then u can catch him red handed

  14. #34
    Senior Member redstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Beyond the outer limits
    Posts
    2,898

    Default Re: Advice needed from those staying in HDB corridor units..

    Sunhading blinds? Like those in offices, solid piece of fabric, pull down type.

  15. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    270 degree of Singapore
    Posts
    6,741

    Default Re: Advice needed from those staying in HDB corridor units..

    Quote Originally Posted by zcf View Post
    will those extra layer of mosquito protection mesh help if put on the outside of the window grill? But the inside must be darker than outside though
    may be use metal mesh, than add on those blind with an angle, which can only view up to the ceiling from outside, but the wind still can get in. the metal mesh shall prevent the peeper for remove th blind.
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

  16. #36

    Default Re: Advice needed from those staying in HDB corridor units..

    Cactus and a fierce dog. Never had a nosy person again. I was so naughty that I planted poison ivy on the inner most layer (so that kids playing won't get affected). I have a good 30-40cm gap between the corridor and the room now, and my dog will eat your fingers if you put yours through the window. All I need is a thin daylight curtain now. All is well now.

  17. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    2,156

    Default Re: Advice needed from those staying in HDB corridor units..

    wondering if the pervent boy is a CS member? if he is and he see this thread, he will be laughing evilishly for all the troubles he created!

  18. #38

    Default Re: Advice needed from those staying in HDB corridor units..

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo View Post
    wondering if the pervent boy is a CS member? if he is and he see this thread, he will be laughing evilishly for all the troubles he created!
    if thats the case...he would be more cautious...i think he more likely to be s-boy than clubsnap member...lol

  19. #39
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    toa payoh
    Posts
    1,355

    Default Re: Advice needed from those staying in HDB corridor units..

    Quote Originally Posted by hondasleeper View Post
    Take an old disposable camera wire the capacitor to the window grill and wait for the next guy to stick his hand through the grill. He will get the shock of his life literally. Keep the charging circuit so you can recharge the capacitor if it happens to get discharged.

    Don't worry you won't kill him, you'll just make him think twice about sticking his hand through the grills again.
    i would stick three of it.... 3 times the shock
    Mountain Training #101: Crouching Photographer Hidden Ladder

  20. #40

    Default Re: Advice needed from those staying in HDB corridor units..

    Quote Originally Posted by aloyyolaaloy View Post
    i would stick three of it.... 3 times the shock
    Problem is, this falls into the category of electric fences. Is it legal?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •