Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: does the dov increases?

  1. #1
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default does the dov increases?

    i know the dov at same f-stop and distant is greater with wider lens.

    so if i use a wide angle converter on the lens, does the dov increases?

    thanks.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  2. #2
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: does the dov increases?

    do you mean depth of field?

  3. #3
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default Re: does the dov increases?

    yes, some say dof, some say dov. but does dov/dof change when i use wide angle converter?
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  4. #4

    Default Re: does the dov increases?

    Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    yes, some say dof, some say dov. but does dov/dof change when i use wide angle converter?
    Huh? DOV? That's new to me....

    Yes, the DOF should change.

    BC

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Tanjong Katong
    Posts
    3,710

    Default Re: does the dov increases?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scaglietti View Post
    Huh? DOV? That's new to me....

    Yes, the DOF should change.

    BC
    Yah..., new to me too...

    DoF ==> Depth of Field.

    DoV==> Depth of View ???

    No, it should be FoV ==> Field of View.

    Regards,
    Arto.

  6. #6
    Senior Member knpan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,651

    Default Re: does the dov increases?

    field of view is how much u see in the viewfinder, it has got nothing to do with the outcome of the photos. it just just to let u see.

    depth of field is the...as what the others said.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Tanjong Katong
    Posts
    3,710

    Default Re: does the dov increases?

    Quote Originally Posted by knpan View Post
    field of view is how much u see in the viewfinder, it has got nothing to do with the outcome of the photos. it just just to let u see.

    depth of field is the...as what the others said.
    Errr...,

    FoV affect the photos also. If FoV is tele angle, you can't expect wide angle photo.

    Regards,
    Arto.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Tanjong Katong
    Posts
    3,710

    Default Re: does the dov increases?

    Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    yes, some say dof, some say dov. but does dov/dof change when i use wide angle converter?
    Do you have any reference where people say DoV for the same meaning of DoF??

    Regards,
    Arto.

  9. #9
    Senior Member knpan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,651

    Default Re: does the dov increases?

    Quote Originally Posted by Artosoft View Post
    Errr...,

    FoV affect the photos also. If FoV is tele angle, you can't expect wide angle photo.

    Regards,
    Arto.
    hmm of course, dont need to state the obvious.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •