Thread: orchid

Default orchid

The photo was taken at Botanic Garden last month when I just got my first DSLR camera.
    The buds seems to be more in focus than the flower. Beside that does anyone think the orchid looks too artificial?

Default Re: orchid

hey.. like the saturation and simplicity of the shot.. composition can be better though. trying placing the flower according to the rule of thirds for better composition.. also if it's possible, try tilting the camera to such an angle that the branch is diagonally across the picture.. (takes the viewer's eye across the whole shot)
    keep it up! =)

First of all dont be too ambitious. Decide what you want to take. The flower or the buds. It is very distracting to have too many things in a picture. The leaves to the right of the picture is a distraction. I would crop that out if i were you. Follow rule of thirds. Placing the flower right smack centre does not work for me.
    Canon 5D mkII|24-105 F4 IS L|70-200 F4 IS L|135 F2 L|580EX|

love the OOF backgrd. kinda smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by humster View Post
    The photo was taken at Botanic Garden last month when I just got my first DSLR camera.
    The buds seems to be more in focus than the flower. Beside that does anyone think the orchid looks too artificial?

the orchid looks natural enuff but your right-edge background needs to be more blurred out...

Quote Originally Posted by aq12345 View Post
    Nice bokeh What lens?
    Lens: 18-135mm F/3.5-5.6 G
    Focal Length: 135mm
    Digital Vari-Program: Close Up

sorry for the late reply