Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Thread: Yesterday was surfing around when I chanced upon something....

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Yesterday was surfing around when I chanced upon something....

    Really interesting. All those who had been thru a boat ride thru the Dragon's Mouth at Haw Paw Villa would remember this.

    Presenting.... the 18 Levels of Hell!!!!! :

    Brings back memories of childhood.....

    18 Levels of Hell
    1. Chamber of Wind and Thunder – People who kill and commit heinous crimes out of greed are sent here for punishment.

    2. Chamber of Grinding – Wealthy men who do no good and waste food are ground into powder in this chamber.

    3. Chamber of Flames – People who steal, plunder, rob and cheat are sent here to be burnt.

    4. Chamber of Ice – Children who ill-treat their parents and elders are sent here to be frozen in ice.

    5. Chamber of Oil Cauldrons – Sex offenders such as rapists, lechers, adulterers are fried in oil in this chamber.

    6. Chamber of Dismemberment by Sawing – Kidnappers and people who force good women into prostitution suffer the fate of being sawn in this chamber.

    7. Chamber of Dismemberment by Chariot – Corrupt officials and landlords who oppress and exploit the people are dismembered by a chariot in this chamber.

    8. Chamber of Mountain of Knives – People who cheat customers by earning more than they should, profiteers who jack up prices and cheat on the quality of goods are made to shed blood by climbing the mountain of knives.

    9. Chamber of Tongue Ripping – Gossips who stir trouble and liars suffer the fate of having their tongues ripped out in this chamber.

    10. Chamber of Pounding – Cold-blooded murderers are pounded in this chamber.

    11. Chamber of Torso-severing – Scheming and ungrateful men have their torsos severed in this chamber.

    12. Chamber of Scales – Crooks who oppress the innocent, people who cheat on the quality of goods and daughters-in-law who ill-treat their in-laws have hooks pierced into their body and hung upside down.

    13. Chamber of Eye-gouging – Peeping toms who go around peeking and leering have their eyeballs gouged out in this chamber.

    14. Chamber of Heart-digging – People with evil hearts have theirs dug out in this chamber.

    15. Chamber of Disembowelment – Instigators, hypocrites and tomb-robbers have their bowels dug out in this chamber.

    16. Chamber of Blood – Blasphemous crooks who show no respect to the gods suffer the fate of being skinned in this chamber.

    17. Chamber of Maggots – Crooks who use loopholes in the law to cheat and engage in malpractice are being eaten alive by maggots in this chamber.

    18. Chamber of Avici – Crooks who have committed heinous crimes, brought misery to the people and betrayed the ruler are placed on a platform above an inferno. The unlucky ones fall off the platform into the inferno and burn while the lucky ones remain on the platform. These spirits are never to be reincarnated.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Yesterday was surfing around when I chanced upon something....

    19. Chamber of Flash - Pretty models who refuse to do TFCD will have 50 flashes shine on their eyes simultaneously until blind.

    20. Chamber of Ladder - Those who block other people in event photography will have to jump from 2 storey high ladder repeatedly until both legs broken.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Yesterday was surfing around when I chanced upon something....

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    19. Chamber of Flash - Pretty models who refuse to do TFCD will have 50 flashes shine on their eyes simultaneously until blind.

    20. Chamber of Ladder - Those who block other people in event photography will have to jump from 2 storey high ladder repeatedly until both legs broken.
    LOL!



    aiyoh......

  4. #4

    Default Re: Yesterday was surfing around when I chanced upon something....

    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn View Post
    Really interesting. All those who had been thru a boat ride thru the Dragon's Mouth at Haw Paw Villa would remember this.

    Presenting.... the 18 Levels of Hell!!!!! :

    Brings back memories of childhood.....

    18 Levels of Hell
    1. Chamber of Wind and Thunder – People who kill and commit heinous crimes out of greed are sent here for punishment.

    2. Chamber of Grinding – Wealthy men who do no good and waste food are ground into powder in this chamber.

    3. Chamber of Flames – People who steal, plunder, rob and cheat are sent here to be burnt.

    4. Chamber of Ice – Children who ill-treat their parents and elders are sent here to be frozen in ice.

    5. Chamber of Oil Cauldrons – Sex offenders such as rapists, lechers, adulterers are fried in oil in this chamber.

    6. Chamber of Dismemberment by Sawing – Kidnappers and people who force good women into prostitution suffer the fate of being sawn in this chamber.

    7. Chamber of Dismemberment by Chariot – Corrupt officials and landlords who oppress and exploit the people are dismembered by a chariot in this chamber.

    8. Chamber of Mountain of Knives – People who cheat customers by earning more than they should, profiteers who jack up prices and cheat on the quality of goods are made to shed blood by climbing the mountain of knives.

    9. Chamber of Tongue Ripping – Gossips who stir trouble and liars suffer the fate of having their tongues ripped out in this chamber.

    10. Chamber of Pounding – Cold-blooded murderers are pounded in this chamber.

    11. Chamber of Torso-severing – Scheming and ungrateful men have their torsos severed in this chamber.

    12. Chamber of Scales – Crooks who oppress the innocent, people who cheat on the quality of goods and daughters-in-law who ill-treat their in-laws have hooks pierced into their body and hung upside down.

    13. Chamber of Eye-gouging – Peeping toms who go around peeking and leering have their eyeballs gouged out in this chamber.

    14. Chamber of Heart-digging – People with evil hearts have theirs dug out in this chamber.

    15. Chamber of Disembowelment – Instigators, hypocrites and tomb-robbers have their bowels dug out in this chamber.

    16. Chamber of Blood – Blasphemous crooks who show no respect to the gods suffer the fate of being skinned in this chamber.

    17. Chamber of Maggots – Crooks who use loopholes in the law to cheat and engage in malpractice are being eaten alive by maggots in this chamber.

    18. Chamber of Avici – Crooks who have committed heinous crimes, brought misery to the people and betrayed the ruler are placed on a platform above an inferno. The unlucky ones fall off the platform into the inferno and burn while the lucky ones remain on the platform. These spirits are never to be reincarnated.

    actually when i was younger, i was quite afraid of going to Haw Par Villa because my parents would keep drumming in such "gore" that if i lie, if i dun study hard, if i rob if i this if i that...i'll end up like one of those. Those were the days when i was so terrified to go near the wall.

    later on, i kinda appreciated the chinese "customs" associated with this "then scary place"...kinda miss those days.....

    I remember distinctively that when u first enter HPV, there's this yellow tiger with a inner red mouth standing quite majestically. followed by walls which depics gouging of the body innards, cutting tongue off and all that...

  5. #5

    Default Re: Yesterday was surfing around when I chanced upon something....

    Haw Par Villa is a very nice place that few bother to explore these days. But it's understandable unless you are a photographer anyways.. =D

    21. Chamber of Terrorism - Sion's Afghan girl will lub you deep deep and long time for all eternity!

  6. #6

    Default Re: Yesterday was surfing around when I chanced upon something....

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    19. Chamber of Flash - Pretty models who refuse to do TFCD will have 50 flashes shine on their eyes simultaneously until blind.

    20. Chamber of Ladder - Those who block other people in event photography will have to jump from 2 storey high ladder repeatedly until both legs broken.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default Re: Yesterday was surfing around when I chanced upon something....

    peeping is a worse 'crime' than cold blooded murder?
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  8. #8

    Default Re: Yesterday was surfing around when I chanced upon something....

    I forgot how they dismember people with a chariot.

    Anyways now the cave with the 18 levels is air-conditioned, and you have to pay entrance fee to enter it.. =D

    8. Chamber of Mountain of Knives – People who cheat customers by earning more than they should, profiteers who jack up prices and cheat on the quality of goods are made to shed blood by climbing the mountain of knives.
    This one is very funny. =D =D =D

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    2,922

    Default Re: Yesterday was surfing around when I chanced upon something....

    I went there about a month ago alone. Still very scary place I must say. I remembered I dreaded going to Haw Par Villa during my Primary School days.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Yesterday was surfing around when I chanced upon something....

    Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay View Post
    peeping is a worse 'crime' than cold blooded murder?
    Do the numbers of the chambers equate to the levels of Hell? The order of severity of punishment somehow doesn't seem right leh..

  11. #11

    Default Re: Yesterday was surfing around when I chanced upon something....

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    I forgot how they dismember people with a chariot.

    Anyways now the cave with the 18 levels is air-conditioned, and you have to pay entrance fee to enter it.. =D



    This one is very funny. =D =D =D
    how much is the entrance fees now? does it allow us to go to EVERY spot without needing to pay more? or issit like a Sentosa?

    i haven't gone back for eons of years already!

  12. #12

    Default Re: Yesterday was surfing around when I chanced upon something....

    22. Chamber of Dismemberment of Hair .... ppl who keep complaining of messy hair have their own hair dismembered by messy hair models and by photogy who beh song with their comments.
    23. Chamber of Dismemberment of Heads ..... ppl who shoot and then crop off the model's head and limbs ..... have their head and limbs kanna dismembered, and then have to model to dead photographers to shoot.
    Any resemblance to any living souls is purely coincidental. Will closed down the chambers if anyone beh song ....
    always the Light, .... always.

  13. #13
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Yesterday was surfing around when I chanced upon something....

    Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    22. Chamber of Dismemberment of Hair .... ppl who keep complaining of messy hair have their own hair dismembered by messy hair models and by photogy who beh song with their comments.
    23. Chamber of Dismemberment of Heads ..... ppl who shoot and then crop off the model's head and limbs ..... have their head and limbs kanna dismembered, and then have to model to dead photographers to shoot.
    Any resemblance to any living souls is purely coincidental. Will closed down the chambers if anyone beh song ....
    24. All Nikon owners will have to be canonised upon entering the gate of hell.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Yesterday was surfing around when I chanced upon something....

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    24. All Nikon owners will have to be canonised upon entering the gate of hell.
    Does that mean only Canon users are allowed in Hell?

  15. #15

    Default Re: Yesterday was surfing around when I chanced upon something....

    Quote Originally Posted by plsoong View Post
    how much is the entrance fees now? does it allow us to go to EVERY spot without needing to pay more? or issit like a Sentosa?

    i haven't gone back for eons of years already!
    Haw Par Villa entry is FOC.

    It is the entrance to the 18 hells that you need to pay, I think the fee was nominal, in the region of $1 or $2, but the last time I went I was going to do IR photography, and in the cave there's no sun.. So I didn't go in.

    But no, it is not like last time, if you're looking to go in to have fun, etc. There are statues, and various mini-pagodas and funny moist, damp, dark caves where you can possibly try doing model shots if you want to ask permission from the management. But no more rides and all that, not that I saw. I think because now it's free entry, they want to cut down on maintenance costs. =)
    Last edited by night86mare; 10th April 2007 at 11:37 AM.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Yesterday was surfing around when I chanced upon something....

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    Haw Par Villa entry is FOC.

    It is the entrance to the 18 hells that you need to pay, I think the fee was nominal, in the region of $1 or $2, but the last time I went I was going to do IR photography, and in the cave there's no sun.. So I didn't go in.


    LOL!

    hell has no sun.....kekekeke


    somemore their fire oso fake....so no IR

    wondering if the boat roller coaster still working anot? safe?

  17. #17

    Default Re: Yesterday was surfing around when I chanced upon something....

    Quote Originally Posted by seankyh View Post
    Does that mean only Canon users are allowed in Hell?
    How about Pentax and Sony?

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: Yesterday was surfing around when I chanced upon something....

    Quote Originally Posted by hazmee View Post
    I went there about a month ago alone. Still very scary place I must say. I remembered I dreaded going to Haw Par Villa during my Primary School days.
    I used to fear that place a lot especially after going there the 1st time that I swore not to go back again.

    Ironically, after the renovation, I went back again with my parents. Older, but being able to appreciate and understand things like these.

    If I were to go back again, I wun say "Instant Nirvana" but at least can understand things like these even better. The Whys of it.

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: Yesterday was surfing around when I chanced upon something....

    Quote Originally Posted by plsoong View Post
    LOL!

    hell has no sun.....kekekeke


    somemore their fire oso fake....so no IR

    wondering if the boat roller coaster still working anot? safe?
    Think shld be able to walk thru bah?

  20. #20

    Default Re: Yesterday was surfing around when I chanced upon something....

    Quote Originally Posted by plsoong View Post
    LOL!

    hell has no sun.....kekekeke


    somemore their fire oso fake....so no IR

    wondering if the boat roller coaster still working anot? safe?
    No more boat roller coaster. Like I said, minimal maintenance. Boat ride would actually up their maintenance costs.

    Only if you are a statue lover I guess, or want to go there to photograph. The IR results from there are pretty good because the statues (some of them anyways) end up turning out like graphic images, I will go back someday again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •