Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Help with Frontpage from Web Design Gurus!

  1. #1

    Default Help with Frontpage from Web Design Gurus!

    Hi everyone, I volunteered to do a non-profit informal group's website because they are basically a group of ladies who have no background in the internet (like me, only know how to surf)

    So I borrowed a book from the library on Frontpage but I am having such a hard time doing the simplest of things, just like putting in the font. I uploaded a free web template and can't align text, don't know how to make the other pages look the same as the home page...

    Is there anyone here who is a master of Frontpage who would be able to look at my problems and give me some help? Or point me to the right direction, thank you!!
    Last edited by Grub; 10th April 2007 at 12:01 AM.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Help with Frontpage from Web Design Gurus!

    Quote Originally Posted by Grub View Post
    So I borrowed a book from the library on Frontpage but I am having such a hard time doing the simplest of things, just like putting in the font. I uploaded a free web template and can't align text, don't know how to make the other pages look the same as the home page...

    Is there anyone here who is a master of Frontpage who would be able to look at my problems and give me some help? Or point me to the right direction, thank you!!



    Putting in the font?
    Are you trying to put in non-standard web font? eg. frutiger, gill sans...etc etc.

    In Frontpage, there is a pre-set web fonts for you to select.
    Choose verdana, arial, helvetica or times new roman for font.

    Fot alignment, it is the same you use for words document.
    You will see a toolbar, which the fonts can be align left, align center and align right.

    If you need to make other pages like your homepage, you need to make a template.



    Before you do a website, you need to draft a sitemap.
    A sitemap is a skeleton of your whole website.

    Consists of :-
    - Home page (know as index page)
    - Primary Navigation sections (main buttons)
    and in some cases,you have secondary navigation sections inside the primary sections.
    - Contents for the primary and secondary website.


    Not too sure this link can help you.
    http://www.tutorialized.com/tutorial...Web-Page/11777



  3. #3

    Default Re: Help with Frontpage from Web Design Gurus!

    frontpage...
    *cough*...
    garbage code...
    *cough*...

    go download the trial of adobe dreamweaver bah...

  4. #4

    Default Re: Help with Frontpage from Web Design Gurus!

    Quote Originally Posted by Deceased View Post
    Putting in the font?
    Are you trying to put in non-standard web font? eg. frutiger, gill sans...etc etc.

    In Frontpage, there is a pre-set web fonts for you to select.
    Choose verdana, arial, helvetica or times new roman for font.

    Fot alignment, it is the same you use for words document.
    You will see a toolbar, which the fonts can be align left, align center and align right.

    If you need to make other pages like your homepage, you need to make a template.



    Before you do a website, you need to draft a sitemap.
    A sitemap is a skeleton of your whole website.

    Consists of :-
    - Home page (know as index page)
    - Primary Navigation sections (main buttons)
    and in some cases,you have secondary navigation sections inside the primary sections.
    - Contents for the primary and secondary website.


    Not too sure this link can help you.
    http://www.tutorialized.com/tutorial...Web-Page/11777



    Thank you Deceased, do you give tuition in web design? I will pay you for your time, it be as much as I can afford, as I am not being paid for the job. You are very kind to direct me to the link, I appreciate your help! Let me have a shot at doing it myself and see how I go.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Help with Frontpage from Web Design Gurus!

    Quote Originally Posted by Grub View Post
    Thank you Deceased, do you give tuition in web design? I will pay you for your time, it be as much as I can afford, as I am not being paid for the job. You are very kind to direct me to the link, I appreciate your help! Let me have a shot at doing it myself and see how I go.

    Used to teach web design in schools but not anymore.

    Anyway, you try it out first.
    Frontpage should be easier than dreamweaver.

    Borrow those books with visual examples.
    I remembered seeing books in library have it.

    G'luck.


  6. #6

    Default Re: Help with Frontpage from Web Design Gurus!

    Quote Originally Posted by Grub View Post
    Hi everyone, I volunteered to do a non-profit informal group's website because they are basically a group of ladies who have no background in the internet (like me, only know how to surf)

    So I borrowed a book from the library on Frontpage but I am having such a hard time doing the simplest of things, just like putting in the font. I uploaded a free web template and can't align text, don't know how to make the other pages look the same as the home page...

    Is there anyone here who is a master of Frontpage who would be able to look at my problems and give me some help? Or point me to the right direction, thank you!!
    The things a group of ladies can make you volunteer to do
    If you said what you are: "only know how to surf", and having trouble with Frontpage, then you are much better of paying someone to do it for you. It's a steep learning curve and not for everyone. Using a free template is not going to impress the ladies or any visitors to your site.

    You can try to use Blogger or any blogging sites. A lot of small businesses and non profit organizations use blogs as their websites because it's free and anyone in the group can update it.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •