Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 47891011 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 240

Thread: Ministers' salary raise is out!

  1. #161

    Default Re: Ministers' salary raise is out!

    Quote Originally Posted by plsoong View Post
    Hey, were u in some top job or what? so much so that u don't even know the ground fundamentals of work. A tuition teacher may have a "limited" hours and "controlled" charges...which isn't really the case btw... However, he/she doesn't have controlled amount of students so don't see them no up.
    ...Easier said than done. Uncontrolled amount of students. You think what, tuition teacher like Adam Khoo isit?

  2. #162

    Default Re: Ministers' salary raise is out!

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    ...Easier said than done. Uncontrolled amount of students. You think what, tuition teacher like Adam Khoo isit?


    hahahahahah!

    no lar....but if eric khoo still can....i like the short stories


    i've a friend who guess wad? earns more than me purely by being a "professional tuition teacher"

    GAWD, she can teach and teach and teach and teach......... and best part is somehow her students really do improve....... and think her name is really by word of mouth....

    today, she's so packed with tuition that she doesn't do anything else other than teach .............. and she keeps abreast with knowledge as if she's right in the field.... (to me, thats really pure theoretical knowledge)...... but i guess her practical training during her undergrad days kinda gave her enough angles to ponder how to solve problems in a practical situation "PRACTICALLY"

    she's demonstrated b4 that she may not need the practical "training" so to speak and can correctly pinpoint a problem and suggest a solution...... its these kinda RARE "talents" that we need to lead the research field....... but alas, will the GRADES hungry Singapore market accept such a FUNDAMENTAL shift? i do not think so.... not in the next 10 years unless something is done

  3. #163

    Default Re: Ministers' salary raise is out!

    Quote Originally Posted by centuryegg View Post
    I am just suprised that the thread has not been locked and allowed to carry on till.... now.... Tsk tsk
    Moderators are also one of us liao.

  4. #164

    Default Re: Ministers' salary raise is out!

    It saddens me when I see the newspaper today. I didn't even want to read the news, because it really irritates me.

    Remember a few days ago, in the news, there is discussion about the needy who barely able to survive the meagre $270 in a monthly basis help given by the government. Someone raise the issue with the government, hoping to raise the meagre amount to a more humanely acceptable level. Guess what? Request not granted; various kinds of excuse given. How sick this is!!!!

    And now, RAise!! RAise!!! RAise!!! Salaries of all ministers!

    So, this is our MERITOCRACY policy!!! The needy can't contribute to the society, so they deserve to live a miserable & inhumane existence? If you can't contribute economically, God Bless You.

  5. #165

    Default Re: Ministers' salary raise is out!

    Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay View Post
    still flogging the dead horse? aiyah.. seriously there's no end to this debate and there's NOTHING anyone of us here can do about.
    The PM had once highlighted this site during his speech. I, for one, hope that he is reading my voice. IF he doesn't hear me now, when will he hear me? A letter left on top of a high rise building?

    Honestly, I am utterly disappointed, and felt I, have nothing more I could contribute to my country, other than a cash churning machine. For me, this is not the life I had envisioned myself to have, when I wrote my frist essay about "My Ambition".

  6. #166

    Default Re: Ministers' salary raise is out!

    Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post
    Hmmm....I'm trying to follow your logic and also find out where my remarks may be considered acid...

    In my post, I simply implied that if a person is motivated by money, they will always follow money because money is their master and that I found it difficult to follow such a person. I made no remarks about what motivates me but your logic led you to the assumption that I would work for joy and happiness? There are more realistic motivational goals than then being someone's bond servant you know.

    You said that you have not judged me in anyway and yet...



    You said

    I hope you form the opinion after you've had the opprotunity to have a meal and and a few drinks with the person.

    I'm not offended, just puzzled by your replay to my first remarks. Still, it'd probably be interesting if we ever met up and got to form more accurate opinions.

    _
    Wah.. You really take the trouble to explain yourself....

  7. #167
    Member Static's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Surfing soft porn in CS
    Posts
    1,079

    Default Re: Ministers' salary raise is out!

    Quote Originally Posted by hazmee View Post
    SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!




    Enuff anot ? Or you hungry for more ?
    陳綺貞 2010 [夏季練習曲] 巡迴演唱會 Cheer Concert 13 Nov 2010 MAX Pavilion@Singapore Expo

  8. #168

    Default Re: Ministers' salary raise is out!

    If you ask me, I would say we are paying way way too much money for a bunch of YES men.

  9. #169

    Default Re: Ministers' salary raise is out!

    Quote Originally Posted by Nisa View Post
    The PM had once highlighted this site during his speech. I, for one, hope that he is reading my voice. IF he doesn't hear me now, when will he hear me? A letter left on top of a high rise building?

    Honestly, I am utterly disappointed, and felt I, have nothing more I could contribute to my country, other than a cash churning machine. For me, this is not the life I had envisioned myself to have, when I wrote my frist essay about "My Ambition".
    Let me guess:

    "My Ambition" is to help our ministers make more money at the expense of ours.

  10. #170

    Default Re: Ministers' salary raise is out!

    Didn't your mother told each of you to study hard?
    Next time train your own kids to be ministers instead.


    Mine told me to study hard to be doctor or engineer or even lawyer....never mentioned minister.

  11. #171
    Member Static's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Surfing soft porn in CS
    Posts
    1,079

    Default Re: Ministers' salary raise is out!

    Quote Originally Posted by Silence Sky View Post
    Moderators are also one of us liao.
    Authorities need feedback.

    If not, this thread will be closed, locked, destroyed, and erased.

    And we all kena bends bends bends
    陳綺貞 2010 [夏季練習曲] 巡迴演唱會 Cheer Concert 13 Nov 2010 MAX Pavilion@Singapore Expo

  12. #172

    Default Re: Ministers' salary raise is out!

    Quote Originally Posted by deckard View Post
    If you ask me, I would say we are paying way way too much money for a bunch of YES men. :
    Yes, this will go on for a long long time........................................

    An ENTITY will do whatever it can to stay above the others, at the expense of others. It's survival instinct.

  13. #173

    Default Re: Ministers' salary raise is out!

    Ah, I almost forgot. The GST is coming our way, so............... Need higher salaries to offset the extra tax they pay for their comfortable lifestyle?

  14. #174

    Default Re: Ministers' salary raise is out!

    Quote Originally Posted by plsoong View Post
    GAWD, she can teach and teach and teach and teach......... and best part is somehow her students really do improve....... and think her name is really by word of mouth....

    today, she's so packed with tuition that she doesn't do anything else other than teach .............. and she keeps abreast with knowledge as if she's right in the field.... (to me, thats really pure theoretical knowledge)...... but i guess her practical training during her undergrad days kinda gave her enough angles to ponder how to solve problems in a practical situation "PRACTICALLY"
    ..Well, she will reach a plateau. Tuition teacher job, I would view as a relatively static one, after a quick period of burst if you are good at the job. I mean, minimum tuition period is 1 1/2 h, how many hours in a day you have, if you leave room for breakfast, lunch, dinner and rest? Not much at all. Even if you expand your class, it can only reach a certain size before you have to start your own school and end up becoming a tuition centre. After which your job will be called "tuition centre owner" and not tuition teacher anymore! =D

  15. #175

    Default Re: Ministers' salary raise is out!

    Quote Originally Posted by sbs99 View Post
    Didn't your mother told each of you to study hard?
    Next time train your own kids to be ministers instead.


    Mine told me to study hard to be doctor or engineer or even lawyer....never mentioned minister.
    most of the time, lawyers become ministers. they are trained vampires!

  16. #176

    Default Re: Ministers' salary raise is out!

    Alamak, this discussion still going on strong?

    And to think I was trying so hard to OT this last night...

  17. #177

    Default Re: Ministers' salary raise is out!

    Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post
    Hmmm....I'm trying to follow your logic and also find out where my remarks may be considered acid...

    In my post, I simply implied that if a person is motivated by money, they will always follow money because money is their master and that I found it difficult to follow such a person. I made no remarks about what motivates me but your logic led you to the assumption that I would work for joy and happiness? There are more realistic motivational goals than then being someone's bond servant you know.

    You said that you have not judged me in anyway and yet...You said
    Ah I missed that post in the drowning pool of replies. No, you misconstrue. I said I have not been acid to you, so you can be assured that I have not formed any judgement of you as of yet. Well, a negative judgement anyways. If anything your response is well-measured, I like. Loads of people here tend to just run their mouth after I put up a counter-argument, on no basis other than to just disagree for the sake of disagreeing, and for no reason apparent (even when logic is no longer sound) other than because someone (like me) has the audacity to disagree with them.

    =( Well, you did make it in a heated flurry of replies, and we all know how many people (who probably work in the private sector) so easily make the remarks that civil servants earn a lot and that they should work for the joy of working for one's country, etc. Perhaps I did make an overt reaction because I'm tired of such responses. Frankly if you really do a honest, down-to-earth comparison, net earnings are usually not comparable.

    As for judgement, I don't see how a remark made in jest should be taken as judgement. Smiley faces are very useful to convey whether you are serious or not when you make a statement!

    I hope you form the opinion after you've had the opprotunity to have a meal and and a few drinks with the person.

    I'm not offended, just puzzled by your replay to my first remarks. Still, it'd probably be interesting if we ever met up and got to form more accurate opinions.
    Definitely, but even then there is always room for reservations. After all, even if you live with a person for 30+ years, can you say for sure that you know he/she/it inside-out entirely? I don't think so. Hope you get my point.

  18. #178

    Default Re: Ministers' salary raise is out!

    Quote Originally Posted by drakon09 View Post
    Alamak, this discussion still going on strong?

    And to think I was trying so hard to OT this last night...
    You and me.

    Are you RADIANT today?

    Or are you SOME PIG? Oops. Wrong compliment!

  19. #179

    Default Re: Ministers' salary raise is out!

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    ..Well, she will reach a plateau. Tuition teacher job, I would view as a relatively static one, after a quick period of burst if you are good at the job. I mean, minimum tuition period is 1 1/2 h, how many hours in a day you have, if you leave room for breakfast, lunch, dinner and rest? Not much at all. Even if you expand your class, it can only reach a certain size before you have to start your own school and end up becoming a tuition centre. After which your job will be called "tuition centre owner" and not tuition teacher anymore! =D

    y are you so rigid?

    Minimum tuition is period is 1 1/2 hrs? I myself used to teach tuition part time at 1 hour time slots ONLY. she's been in it for about close to wad 6 years already.

    she teaches day and night....

    really PEI FU her in this respect....but thats besides the point.

  20. #180

    Default Re: Ministers' salary raise is out!

    Quote Originally Posted by johnlim View Post
    Ah, I almost forgot. The GST is coming our way, so............... Need higher salaries to offset the extra tax they pay for their comfortable lifestyle?
    I always wonder since they have such high pay. how much do they contribute to charity? or none at all?

    maybe those wayang TV shows is only to suck our money.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 47891011 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •