Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 256789 ... LastLast

Thread: Ministers' salary raise is out!

Default Re: Ministers' salary raise is out!

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    Cheem logic, I am tangled up in your web of reasoning such that I have somehow switched all my limbs.

It is that powerful, are you Dr Stephen Strange reincarnated? =)

of all people Stephen Strange?

LOL

more likely Stephen Chow!

almost all decisions start with "IF" and "IF NOTS"

think about just how many "IF NOTS" went thru the cabinet b4 the raise were announced...
    now think about how many "IFs" went thru the same cabinet....

i'm seriously wondering if there were any "if nots" to start off with when they considered a unabashed raised for ministerial pay!

Quote Originally Posted by plsoong View Post
    doesn't help......

sooner or later divorce case...sooner or later the kids will grow up hating "marraige" ...sooner or later there will be so many FTs and so little SG bred.....

we must as well call our lil island:-

SteppinG Stone!
    Luckily your forefathers/mothers didn't use Singapore as a stepping stone when they came here........

of all people Stephen Strange?

LOL

more likely Stephen Chow!
    Your Kung Fu really very powerful!

You use axe or ha ma gong? =D

Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    but food tastes betta when hungry...
    definitely!

ANY kinda food taste good and best when one is hungry

IF u're not hungry, does ANY kinda food taste just as good? or certain foods taste BETTER?

if the foods tastes better than other ORDINARY food which u can afford, would u go for that? or will u stick by the "so called bad unhealthy food which tastes so heavenly when one is hungry" ?

actually, the bad unhealthy food ALWAYS tastes the best
    lol!

Your Kung Fu really very powerful!

You use axe or ha ma gong? =D

no need simi kung fu simi gong there

just use shaolin leg.

Quote Originally Posted by hongsien View Post
    Luckily your forefathers/mothers didn't use Singapore as a stepping stone when they came here........
    Erm... they did actually... a lot of the early immigrants INTENDED to return to their place of birth...

just use shaolin leg.
    Ewww....

Lamb leg or pork leg lahhh... we're on the subject of food anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by drakon09 View Post
    Erm... they did actually... a lot of the early immigrants INTENDED to return to their place of birth...
    That one not stepping stone.

Called skipping rope.

[QUOTE=drakon09;2981509]
    Quote Originally Posted by Silence Sky View Post

But greed is good! Can you imagine a society not motivated by money??
    Yes. The Society of Free Photographers.

just use shaolin leg.
    I heard hong kong leg more powerful than shaolin leg.

[QUOTE=Sion;2981614]

Yes. The Society of Free Photographers.
    Another one: The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen!

And the Captain Planet people of course.

yar...but prolly couldn't afford the escalating cost of things!

i'm wondering aloud...

Salaries for most other people (and govt sector) go up
    Foodstuff oso going up
    GST go up
    Bills go up
    Transport fees go up
    Land housing oso going up
    everything oso going up...

WHATS THE BLARDY POINT? its gonna be nullified ultimately..... so those are just illusions of earning more money.. u have pay rise to pay back the rise of other charges and bills and costs

HOWEVER, if YOUR salary stays PATHETICALLY STAGNANT from the time u started working till now.......... and u see every single thing going up....... how WILL u feel? How will u react?
    Last edited by plsoong; 9th April 2007 at 11:49 PM.

HOWEVER, if YOUR salary stays PATHETICALLY STAGNANT from the time u started working till now.......... and u see every single thing going up....... how WILL u feel? How will u react?
    I would blame myself for being hopelessly incompetent and not improving my own value.

If you are in office job, definitely have reason why not get promoted.
    If you are business, then you should not have gone into business.
    If you are in other jobs, then experience and seniority will get you promoted unless there is something seriously wrong.

Then there are those kind of jobs that do not have promotions, have a plateau. Then who ask you to choose that job? E.g. tuition teacher.

I would blame myself for being hopelessly incompetent and not improving my own value.

If you are in office job, definitely have reason why not get promoted.
    If you are business, then you should not have gone into business.
    If you are in other jobs, then experience and seniority will get you promoted unless there is something seriously wrong.

Then there are those kind of jobs that do not have promotions, have a plateau. Then who ask you to choose that job? E.g. tuition teacher.

haiz......that is y i think people like you should go out and get to know more researchers......"people who are supposedly leading the CUTTING EDGE world, being paid CUTTING edgely lower than market benchmarks"

somehow, we're neither in office job....so should get promoted.
    some of us are not in business, so we are already not in business
    some of us got plenty of experience and are senior enuf, but still dun get promoted

Eh tuition teacher doesn't have a plateau in terms of earnings unelss they decide to firm that up themselves.

so y shouldn't researchers who work like crazy to try to get u cures so that in future u have an option to extend your life not get paid highly? y can't researchers have the same amoutn of RAISE in pay like our leaders? let alone top earning accoutants, and the so called "PROFESSIONAL professions"

the above is just an example....i'm not saying that ONLY researchers are in a depressed market...i'm sure there are other disciplines as well
    Last edited by plsoong; 9th April 2007 at 11:58 PM.

some of us got plenty of experience and are senior enuf, but still dun get promoted

Eh tuition teacher doesn't have a plateau in terms of earnings unelss they decide to firm that up themselves.

so y shouldn't researchers who work like crazy to try to get u cures so that in future u have an option to extend your life not get paid highly? y can't researchers have the same amoutn of RAISE in pay like our leaders? let alone top earning accoutants, and the so called "PROFESSIONAL professions"

the above is just an example....i'm not saying that ONLY researchers are in a depressed market...i'm sure there are other disciplines as well
    Huh, I know of researchers who earn a lot leh. You must be a researcher or something.

Senior and have experience, not get promoted? Then must examine self for reason! Can't be usual trend is get promoted, and end up you not promoted right. And then again, what's this gotta do with gahment huh. =D

Tuition teacher has limited 24 hours a day. And has limited hourly rate depending on qualifications. Unless of course got really special case scenario like Arab sheik want the teacher to tuition his kid in Arabia and pay the teacher $80K an hour then I bo wei gong.

yar...but prolly couldn't afford the escalating cost of things!

i'm wondering aloud...

Salaries for most other people (and govt sector) go up
    Foodstuff oso going up
    GST go up
    Bills go up
    Transport fees go up
    Land housing oso going up
    everything oso going up...

WHATS THE BLARDY POINT? its gonna be nullified ultimately..... so those are just illusions of earning more money.. u have pay rise to pay back the rise of other charges and bills and costs

Ahh... that's assuming everything went up by the same percentage.
    If housing went up by 10%, and your salary only went up by 5%, I'm sure you'll be wondering how to afford the same apartment. If everything went up by the same percentage, then I'm sure nobody will complain.

The pay increment is DEFINITELY necessary.

The logic is simply very clear.
    Don't increase pay, you lose bright people and you get corruption.

Remember the NKF incident?
    Yeah yea yeah...why keep harping on the NKF incident again??
    Basically it is linked.

Durai was earning 600k annually and it was described as "peanut" by some noble lady.
    and
    that explains why he is corrupted!!!

If he was paid $2million a year, maybe he won't be corrupted afterall.

See the connection?

So in order to prevent corruption, we must constantly paying them more.
    In fact, i proposed we should increased the pay by 1 million annually!

Then we are free from corruption.
    and
    attract the brightest of the whole universe.

So bright until sunlight also hide in shame.

Housing prices drops too.

Fyi!

Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post
    Heee...it's a little difficult to put your faith in people who are motivated by money. If they are offered more from some where else, will they move off to greener pastures or ask for more or in this case, just give themselves a raise?

When a person is motivated by money, there is only one god he/she serves.

_
    When a person is motivated by money, there is only one god he/she serves.
    _
    I assume you are motivated by a greater purpose than money.

Tomorrow you will report to my address and work for joy, happiness. No pay. Please help me carry my tripods and drive me around on photo expeditions. After all you do not worship the normal god! =D

Actually I'm not motivated by any high purpose but I'm definitely not motivated by money. You really don't know me, but since you frequent the IR Forum and probably have gone on outings with them, you might find it refreshing to ask the 'pioneers' about me and IR camera conversions and working for money.

As for working, no I don't work for happines and joy, I live in the real world and work to live, not work to rape everyone of everything.

_
    Yes, I don't know you, and I don't need to ask people about anyone.

I believe in forming opinions of a person by MYSELF, and I have not judged you in any way. It is simply a pastime to simply refute people with the same logic that they have applied to a subject. And usually, they are not happy, and I can't see why! I mean, if you can put it one way, why can't you accept the exact reverse when I throw it back at you, in your own context?

I do not mean to offend anyone, simply expressing my opinions, if I mean to offend you can probably sense it very easily, it will not be just in jest. Acidness is very easy to dish out.

In short, lesser of two evils, which would you have?
    Hmmm....I'm trying to follow your logic and also find out where my remarks may be considered acid...

In my post, I simply implied that if a person is motivated by money, they will always follow money because money is their master and that I found it difficult to follow such a person. I made no remarks about what motivates me but your logic led you to the assumption that I would work for joy and happiness? There are more realistic motivational goals than then being someone's bond servant you know.

You said that you have not judged me in anyway and yet...

After all you do not worship the normal god! =D
    You said
    Yes, I don't know you, and I don't need to ask people about anyone.

I believe in forming opinions of a person by MYSELF
    I hope you form the opinion after you've had the opprotunity to have a meal and and a few drinks with the person.

I'm not offended, just puzzled by your replay to my first remarks. Still, it'd probably be interesting if we ever met up and got to form more accurate opinions.

_

Quote Originally Posted by Deceased View Post
    The pay increment is DEFINITELY necessary.

The logic is simply very clear.
    Don't increase pay, you lose bright people and you get corruption.

Remember the NKF incident?

In these countires, their ministers get paid pretty low, so corruption helps to supplement their income (i.e. bribes, kickbacks, preferential treatment for companies directed by them or their relatives). If only they just pass a bill to peg their pay to 2/3 or 3/4 of the private sector, then they wouldn't need to rely on corruption eh? It's also more stable!

Now that's acid!

_

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 256789 ... LastLast