Thread: Sigma 24-70 F/2.8 DG Macro?

Default Sigma 24-70 F/2.8 DG Macro?

Can any body share with me your experience with this lens? May replace the kit lens if the performance is good...

Default Re: Sigma 24-70 F/2.8 DG Macro?

had been using this lens for the past few weeks. a great combination with my 70-200 f2.8 IS.

only used this 2 lens to cover an indoor event with low lightings. 95% of photo are sharp. rest of 5% is either due to slow refresh rate of my flash, the stupid coloured spot lights or my hand shake.

Focusing speed is almost as fast as my canon 70-200 f2.8 IS but a little noisier (cant hear when in the noisty event I covered.

For the price (i bought 2nd hand) it a steal vs the original canon version.

Someone mentioned that its soft wide open but i have not tested it yet. will do so when free.

Quote Originally Posted by DeSwitch View Post
    had been using this lens for the past few weeks. a great combination with my 70-200 f2.8 IS.

only used this 2 lens to cover an indoor event with low lightings. 95% of photo are sharp. rest of 5% is either due to slow refresh rate of my flash, the stupid coloured spot lights or my hand shake.

Focusing speed is almost as fast as my canon 70-200 f2.8 IS but a little noisier (cant hear when in the noisty event I covered.

For the price (i bought 2nd hand) it a steal vs the original canon version.

Someone mentioned that its soft wide open but i have not tested it yet. will do so when free.
    thanks bro for sharing your experience. yeah, i also heared the sayings about its softness at wide open... that is the most concern that stopping me picking out my wallet...

Quote Originally Posted by livetofly View Post
    thanks bro for sharing your experience. yeah, i also heared the sayings about its softness at wide open... that is the most concern that stopping me picking out my wallet...
    But i dont shoot wide open so it doesn't matter. only need the f2.8 for fast autofocus. Shooting at f2.8 is very shallow DOF so it will be soft. I will do a sharpness test this weekend.