Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Teleconverter for macro?

Default Re: Teleconverter for macro?

Quote Originally Posted by otc View Post
    Longko,

Another option, Panagor macro converter, read Jens - macrophotography, and I got one from the same seller James, selling Vivitar macro. I got mine for US 49 add in shipping, quite ex already. Vivitar macro with A setting is high in demand now.

otc
    If I'm not wrong, the Vivitar 2X macro converter is made by Kino Optics. Kino optics also used Panagor as a brand name before they use Kiron as a brand name.

Another cheap solution is to buy an old 3x TC w/ auto setting, then just break off the glass, use the barrel as a extension tube. Works great and might be cheaper than you buy a good quality TC or extension tube alone

Can we have a extension tube, four or five pieces together, follow by macro converter and then maybe a 1:1 macro lens, attach to the front. Flash is needed definitely, cos of loss of light. What is the magnification like?...??? wow extension is going to be 1 foot long.

Can some one try..

OTC

Can we have a extension tube, four or five pieces together, follow by macro converter and then maybe a 1:1 macro lens, attach to the front. Flash is needed definitely, cos of loss of light. What is the magnification like?...??? wow extension is going to be 1 foot long.

Can some one try..

OTC
    Normally if you use 2x macro converter + 100mm extension tube + 100mm 1:1 macro, it should in theory give you 4:1 macro, real life maybe 3+:1. Problem is you're likely to need a tripod (monopod cannot) to take this shot.

Can some one try..

OTC
    LOL....
    Sounds like you're gonna need a flood light to get enough lighting.
    Not to mention the logistics of holding and controlling the foot long of extension....

Quote Originally Posted by istDeS View Post
    If I'm not wrong, the Vivitar 2X macro converter is made by Kino Optics. Kino optics also used Panagor as a brand name before they use Kiron as a brand name.
    1stDes,

Panagor converter=vivitar converter:

thanks,

otc

Perhaps better to use a bellows unit for magnifications bigger than lifesize. You get the extension and can do small movements like a view camera to change depth of focus. Here's my Pentax Bellows Unit (got it from a nice CSer) on my Manfrotto focusing rail, ballhead and tripod with FA50mm macro.

Definitely needs supplementary flash illumination because of the light falloff, small apertures to get maximum DOF and very close working distance. The magnification is higher if the lens is reversed.

Last edited by creampuff; 12th June 2007 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by longko View Post
    Cheap. Good buy
    wow , didn't know that this place got sell such a cheap converter in a converter shop . i going to check out there this comging off day . leave a few good piece for me !
    Ask . Absorb . Equip . Execute
    Have you visited my Multiply ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12