Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nikon T4 vs Hoya Macro Lens

Erm..so means if i full zoom plus a closeup filter, i will get a rather decent blurred backgrd on my A40?

So..can i say..
    Small insects: small aperture like f11
    Larger insects: larger aperture like f3.2?

Originally posted by Wryer
    Erm..so means if i full zoom plus a closeup filter, i will get a rather decent blurred backgrd on my A40?

So..can i say..
    Small insects: small aperture like f11
    Larger insects: larger aperture like f3.2?
    When using a close-up filter with high diopter rating, the DOF becomes more shallow. So when DOF is shallow, the background will be blurred. Of course, zooming in more will result in shallower DOF too, so the bkgnd will be more blurred.

Small insects: As small an aperture as possible (F8-11)
    For large insects, it depends on wat type of insects. For dragonflies, still use F8. For butterflies, use F2.8. Reason being butterflies are thin in bodily structure, so they only need a shallow DOF to keep their bodies in focus.

Oh i see..Really thank you a lot! You have been very helpful to a newbie like me. Great to have people like you.

Looks like its time to get my cam and try take some shots and gain experience.

Btw, do you use AF or MF for insect shots? Do you use tripods for your shots?

Oh i see..Really thank you a lot! You have been very helpful to a newbie like me. Great to have people like you.

Btw, do you use AF or MF for insect shots? Do you use tripods for your shots?
    No prob.

Yes, shoot 1st ask later.

Hee.. do have a look at the insect guide i have below. It fully explains the equipmenst and settings i use for different types of insects.

Hehe..i have read your article. Very informative! Maybe u want to put the URL on your sig?

Btw, i will be going to butterfly and insect park in Sentosa next Mon. Do you know if they allow shooting over there?

Which places do you recommend for macro and insect shooting?

Thanks.

Hehe..i have read your article. Very informative! Maybe u want to put the URL on your sig?

Btw, i will be going to butterfly and insect park in Sentosa next Mon. Do you know if they allow shooting over there?

Which places do you recommend for macro and insect shooting?

Thanks.
    Its aledy in my sig mah..

Yes, you can shoot there of course. But need to pay $6 entrance fees.

Other places you can try is botanical gardens or AH butterfly trail.

ya ...... only practical shooting will know how well is ur shots.
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

sorry to budge in, i just got my Hoya +4 closeup, but i definitely need a slave flash for macro shots, my cam flash is too powerful for closeup. will the cheapo Achiever 206T do, or must i get a Metz?

shuy, its ok.

But would flash be absolutely necessary in macros? Thought we would shoot insects during broad daylight? and the lighting is insufficient?

well, in bright daylight it is just about sufficient at F8-11, ISO 100 from my limited experience. but having a gd flash never hurts, esp if the weather's abit gloomy/indoor shots.

also, my hands r pretty unstable, cant master the art of the tripod-hand skill...

Originally posted by shuy
    sorry to budge in, i just got my Hoya +4 closeup, but i definitely need a slave flash for macro shots, my cam flash is too powerful for closeup. will the cheapo Achiever 206T do, or must i get a Metz?
    Compensate for the camera flash and use small aperture (e.g. F8)? Combined, these could throttle down the flash quite a bit. Doubt the 260T's flash sensor is accurate enough for macro work.
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

havent really tried it yet, but i dunno if F8 is enough. wif closeup filters, i'll be really close to the insect, n the flash will be really strong. i read another alternative is to cover the flash wif tissue paper, will try that too.

any1 wif experience with the 260T? specifically with macro shots?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12