Thread: Color Acentuated

Default Color Acentuated

Hi...
    I am using a Canon G7...I have this special feature "color acentuated"...only one color remain from original composition, and rest will turn BnW....
    I wonder if seniors here can teach me how to control what color that I can choose to remain the shot? how to manipulate?

thanks

Default Re: Color Acentuated

Quote Originally Posted by aloskimo View Post
    Hi...
    I am using a Canon G7...I have this special feature "color acentuated"...only one color remain from original composition, and rest will turn BnW....
    I wonder if seniors here can teach me how to control what color that I can choose to remain the shot? how to manipulate?

thanks
    1.After you choose the mode, press the DISP button.
    2.You will see that at the bottom of the LCD screen with a colour swatch. You will also see a green box at the centre of the LCD screen.
    3.Place the green box over a patch of the colour that you want to accentuate and press the right direction button on the ring to choose the colour.
    4.You will see now on the LCD screen that everything will be in B&W except for the colour patch you chose.
    5.Shoot as usual.

Note: The colour accent mode don't really work for human skins because human skins has so many different tones, and the tolerance level for the colour detection in the mode is quite narrow.

Note2: Works best with pure colour patches. (EXCEPT black and white obviously.)

Disclaimer: Trying to recall the steps from memory, don't have the camera with me right now but the instructions should be roughly the same.