Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it due to my settings?

Thumbs up Re: Is it due to my settings?

Quote Originally Posted by chery08 View Post
    hmm really huh?? but i've been using my brother's panasonic cam... it seems much better..
    Guess i'll put it out for sales and at the same time learn to use it..
    Good luck ger....
    D800|24~120mm VR|AF VR 80~400mm ED |SB900|50mm F1.8|CD 2X2|FL-360|FastPack 350/Sony RX100M3

Smile Re: Is it due to my settings?

hmm really huh?? but i've been using my brother's panasonic cam... it seems much better..
    For Fujifilm cam I strongly recommended U to buy F40fd. Can consider! hee..
    Last edited by Ferrari 1; 10th April 2007 at 01:50 AM.

Default Re: Is it due to my settings?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari 1 View Post
    For Fujifilm cam I strongly recommended U to buy F40fd. Can consider! hee..
    not sure, but i believe f40fd is pretty much the same since both doesn't have manual setting. perhaps only a little better in noise control due to bigger sensor, anyway I think f31/f30 would be a better choice for its control.

guess i'll stick to panasonic or canon if i'm going to change
    i've been trying out Z5 yesterday... seems better...
    this is the best photo i took.. but still seems abit blur...is it due to i'm not using flash?? but i never like using them..

Last edited by chery08; 10th April 2007 at 12:52 PM.

Buy Nikon D40X.

guess i'll stick to panasonic or canon if i'm going to change
    i've been trying out Z5 yesterday... seems better...
    this is the best photo i took.. but still seems abit blur...is it due to i'm not using flash?? but i never like using them..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...8/DSCF0173.jpg
    try using a night scene or indoor scene mode.. usually these give u long shutter speeds to light up the background, and flash to freeze and light up the subject...
    it's kind of like a fill flash, compromise between hard flash and no flash... so the colours may not be as good as no flash, but probably sharper, and not as harsh as full flash mode...
    Canon EOS 30D w/ grip 580EX, Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8, EF-S 10-22mm
    :bsmilie:

i was like 'huh' reading what u've wrote...
    but from my past experience with my bro's cam.. with night scene.. i need a tripod.. or smting if not the photo will become blurry.. still feel like selling this cam... how much can i sell it for ? i got it at abt 460

Smile Re: Is it due to my settings?

but from my past experience with my bro's cam.. with night scene.. i need a tripod.. or smting if not the photo will become blurry.. still feel like selling this cam... how much can i sell it for ? i got it at abt 460
    Compact cam Canon I recommend IXUS 900Ti... For SLR cam the latest Nikon D40X.
    Last edited by Ferrari 1; 11th April 2007 at 01:47 AM.

Your photos seem a little blurry mainly because you are shooting in fairly low light. Your shutter speeds on those shots are quite slow (around 1/10s to 1/20s). Even with a digicam, you'd have to be very steady in your handholding to not get some blurryness due to camera movement. Suggest you try shooting in better lighting conditions - I'm sure the cam will give quite respectable results.

oh sorry.. not very good at explaining things.. .. what i meant was..

when u shoot without flash, the camera opens the shutter quite long to get a proper exposure, because the lighting in the area is quite dim. this causes handshake, and blurs the photo..

If u use something like an indoor scene mode (i think there's one).. the camera should expose the camera with a slightly shorter shutter speed, resulting in a slightly underexposed photo. It then uses flash to fill in some light and expose ur subject properly.

In dark/low light conditions, the use of flash can help to 'freeze' motion, and make the subject seemingly sharper than it actually is... that means if u try out the modes that have flash (indoor, party etc), the photos may come out a little better.. every digicam has settings that will differ a bit.. just try the different scene modes.. u might find something u like... if not then sell it off..

thanks for the explanation.. i get it now.. he hee
    i just dun understand why i use the 'same mode' with another camera.. and it's shaper ... and without flash too... i dun like using flash... coz the picture will become...errmmm brighter? the color is not so nice...

Last edited by chery08; 11th April 2007 at 04:46 PM.

actually the sharpness looks fine to me without flash.. maybe the room is bright enough...

but if u find another camera really performing better, then maybe u have reason to sell this one off.. maybe u can try the fuji f30 or 31d.. which is supposed to have very good high iso performance, great for low light shots...

images tend to look harsh when u use direct flash (but u don't have a choice with compact cameras), so i usually try to tell my friends not to use flash.. but when it's really dark, there's really no better way to avoid handshake.. even if u use a tripod people will still move around...

Quote Originally Posted by Adelfin View Post
    actually the sharpness looks fine to me without flash.. maybe the room is bright enough...

but if u find another camera really performing better, then maybe u have reason to sell this one off.. maybe u can try the fuji f30 or 31d.. which is supposed to have very good high iso performance, great for low light shots...

images tend to look harsh when u use direct flash (but u don't have a choice with compact cameras), so i usually try to tell my friends not to use flash.. but when it's really dark, there's really no better way to avoid handshake.. even if u use a tripod people will still move around...
    i second the Fuji f31fd for low light photos without flash. hish iso really good for that. if u dont like flsh but like to take photos under low light condition. fuji is the way to go. haha

he hee ... i buy fuji only becoz of this design... think i've to stick with it until i sell it off... and after tat.. no more fuji for me...
    btw... any idea where to buy those travel charger?

panasonic and canon will have more noise in high ISO shots than f30, f31fd or f40...so definitely will be less grainy than those other brands for similar conditions...

so meaning fujifilm is still one of the better ones..?
    but for fujifim.. i tink z5 range is one of the better design...

For compact cameras the fuji has one of the best noise control in the market. Fuji's ISO 800 is slighty better then Panosnoics ISO400 IMHO as it preserves mroe details.
    Furry Photos - Photography for the Modern Pet

Best pns noise control will be F30 or F31 of fuji.
    Andy Ang :lovegrin: - "A Photo speaks a thousand words. Have you spoken today?"
    APAD | Blog

hmm seems like i'll be stuck with this cam...can't sell it at all..
    any thoughts about Sony T20? saw from another forum someone bought it from Japan for about $500.. it's cheap rite?

ok lah. Around that price. Sony is very very noisy. But more for design.
    Andy Ang :lovegrin: - "A Photo speaks a thousand words. Have you spoken today?"
    APAD | Blog

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast