Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Photo Trek into Himalayas from 15-24 June 2007

Default Re: Photo Trek into Himalayas from 15-24 June 2007

Hi HS,
    Is it true that only 2 slots are remaining? another friend of mine is interested. shall let you know.tks

Quote Originally Posted by harshdreams View Post
    Hi HS,
    Is it true that only 2 slots are remaining? another friend of mine is interested. shall let you know.tks
    There seems to be some not enough information regarding the overall event....

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Hi,

Sorry, but I am not 100% on-line the whole day........

All the people that have contacted me have not confirmed the trip to me, so what can I do? Still accept people and then have to tell them afterwards sorry, you can't come along?

I did put them onto the queue, and sofar there are 5 but all not confirmed.......

If you need more info please ask here or PM me......I don't know what you need to know?

Hong Sien

Here is a list of the people who have contacted me and shown interest, BUT not confirmed with me. If you want to be on the list copy this below list and add your ID or name with contact no/email:

1) Au
    2) Wolfgang
    3) Sigg
    4) Jackal
    5)NMSS

Hi Dan,

the veracity of your statement, though doubtful, can be understood. May I please remind you that Hongsien here is in a sense, helping out and providing a service. If anything is needed, it would be much easier to approach him directly.

PS: Hongsien, thanks for your email and heads up. I am now wrangling out the finer details of myleave. Once i can confirm that, then I shall be more than happy to confirm my slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang View Post
    Hi Dan,

the veracity of your statement, though doubtful, can be understood. May I please remind you that Hongsien here is in a sense, helping out and providing a service. If anything is needed, it would be much e
    I shared the same sentiment. Dan, it will be far more approriate to direct any feedbacks via e-mail/PMs instead of posting in public thread which may cause unintentional unfavorable impression on potential interested participants, impeding on response rate.

Thus far, TS hongsien has been sincere in providing as much information for the trip.

hongsien, I am very interested in this trip but got an event on e 23rd June, hope to join the next time round.

Quote Originally Posted by Producer View Post
    Thus far, TS hongsien has been sincere in providing as much information for the trip.

hongsien, I am very interested in this trip but got an event on e 23rd June, hope to join the next time round.

I also want to add that hongsien has been very prompt with providing info and helping me get in touch with the workshop leader. Unfortunately I will not be able to join this time round too. But definitely interested in joining the next one.

Seems like we have enough people to confirm the next workshop already

yea, im interested. im a regular trekker...haf always wanted to go there.
    while this particular trail is not v tough, e main problem is e altitude. I had a fren who got Acute Mountain Sickness (AMS) from just Mt Kinabalu. He's a regular trekker too, and he's fit. It realli depends on how well ur body can adjust to e altitude. being fit does help, but its not everything.
    Be prepared to take the cold and e breathlessness due to e thin air.

Oh ya, for those dat r going, pls train up b4 e trip. even though e route itself is not too tough, u will haf to carry ur backpack which contains 1 week's supply of ur stuff(clothes, necessities, etc), not to mention ur cams, tripod, lens, etc etc etc etc

b prepared to carry 15 to 20kg of load, depending on wat kinda stuff u gonna bring. i dunno whether there will b porters. but if there's non, den ur bag contains food too. n wat bout water supply? will there b days where there's no water point??

while i wish all of u on e trip to enjoy urself to e fullest and return wif many nice pix dat u can post for e pple hu cant go, i haf to tell u all these cold hard facts 1st so that u will b mentally prepared.

hope im not dampening any1's spirit.....juz train up. u shd do fine.....barring accidents like those that always happen to me on my trips!!! hahaha....but im still alive...so i guess it cant b dat bad. hehe

Quote Originally Posted by crustacea View Post
    Oh ya, for those dat r going, pls train up b4 e trip. even though e route itself is not too tough, u will haf to carry ur backpack which contains 1 week's supply of ur stuff(clothes, necessities, etc), not to mention ur cams, tripod, lens, etc etc etc etc

b prepared to carry 15 to 20kg of load, depending on wat kinda stuff u gonna bring. i dunno whether there will b porters. but if there's non, den ur bag contains food too. n wat bout water supply? will there b days where there's no water point??

while i wish all of u on e trip to enjoy urself to e fullest and return wif many nice pix dat u can post for e pple hu cant go, i haf to tell u all these cold hard facts 1st so that u will b mentally prepared.

hope im not dampening any1's spirit.....juz train up. u shd do fine.....barring accidents like those that always happen to me on my trips!!! hahaha....but im still alive...so i guess it cant b dat bad. hehe
    If you had read up the whole thread it is said that luggage will be taken care of, this is not a trekking trip as said before........if people would just read first before writing? :-)

HS

I meant this is not a 'mountaineering trek'......

Quote Originally Posted by hongsien View Post
    Hi,

Sorry, but I am not 100% on-line the whole day........

All the people that have contacted me have not confirmed the trip to me, so what can I do? Still accept people and then have to tell them afterwards sorry, you can't come along?

I did put them onto the queue, and sofar there are 5 but all not confirmed.......

If you need more info please ask here or PM me......I don't know what you need to know?

Hong Sien
    Hi Hong Sien

Really apologize if my words are too strong... sorry about that. No hard feeling.

If given the opportunity, I'll sure to go for this trip. Totally different from those tours we have gone in the past... Do sent my greeting to all of you.
    Dan

Hi Hong Sien

Really apologize if my words are too strong... sorry about that. No hard feeling.

If given the opportunity, I'll sure to go for this trip. Totally different from those tours we have gone in the past... Do sent my greeting to all of you.
    Dan
    No problem man!.......

Hong Sien

Quote Originally Posted by crustacea View Post

Firstly, one needs to read your post at least 3 times to make any sense of it. What are you trying to achieve by posting such a message? Have you been following what Hong Sien has been saying all this while? Do not assume things and write for the sake of doing so.

Friends, this trip is absolutely safe and has been done before by Joginder and a whole bunch of young nature/photo enthusiasts without any prior training. Anyone who is fit and has no serious medical problem can get up there. If old man Hong Sien is ready and all set to go, I am sure a lot of you can meet up with him and see for yourself how strong and able he is and judge for yourself.

Please decide if you can take leave from work, fits within your budget etc etc.. and the least of the worries should be about luggage, food and water supply... and all those people with sound advice regarding accidents and stuff please stay away...

Been to Manali a few times... great place... nice landscapes.... but that was over 20 years ago... wish I could go... need to confirm my work schedule... sigh...

Regarding electricity (quotes from Joginder Singh, one of the organisers):

"electricity is not available after the first day of acclimatization...we normally carry extra batteries...and when i run out of that, then i switch to a good old film camera and shoot film...

two batteries have lasted me five days of shooting, but beyond that even i expect trouble...so what i have for the D70s is the CR2 battery adapter...i carry a set of CR2's and switch to that...but then the battery to the external hardrive dies out...

in all i've realized that the simplest option is to carry a film camera which also comes in handy for things like start trails etc and as a backup."

Hong Sien

Take not that REGISTRATION CLOSES: 1ST MAY 2007!

As said before:
    Return tickets to and fro SIN-DEL to be paid and arranged on your own, as well as lodging in Delhi.......

This trip can be combined with other (small) tours from Delhi onwards, but arrange on your own. Cars with drivers can be hired in Delhi pretty easily......

Films can also be bought in Delhi but are higher priced than in Singapore. If you use special branded films, please bring yourself from Singapore, as it is not easy to find those in Delhi and you won't have much time searching.......

HS

Here is a list of the people who have contacted me and shown interest, BUT not confirmed with me. If you want to be on the list copy this below list and add your ID or name with contact no/email:

1) Au
    2) Wolfgang
    3) Sigg
    4) Jackal
    5) NMSS

To answer a question where we will meet up in Delhi, here is the answer from one of the organisers:

"on the 15th we meet up at either connaught place or at mandi house, (central delhi) which is close to connaught place. the buses leave in the evening between 6.30-8.00 pm so depending upon when the flights arrive, people will get to move around delhi for a while.

i'll be doing the bus bookings in the first week of May so will have ample time to convey exact details.."

HS

Take not that REGISTRATION CLOSES: 1ST MAY 2007!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast