Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Pentax SLR...

Default Re: Pentax SLR...

Quote Originally Posted by seafone View Post
    airconvent,

thanks for sharing your film work here! haa... i still like film. Makes me want to go back to shooting film.

cheerss..
    Thanks seafone! There's a little oomph when you take pictures using film but problem is not knowing how it turns out until you develop it. Another disadvantage is I already spent $$$ developing and buying film...

now i feel like pulling out my Bessa Rangefinder to shoot for fun. Film is fun but costly. I still have a bunch of films in my freezer.

Quote Originally Posted by airconvent View Post
    Thanks seafone! There's a little oomph when you take pictures using film but problem is not knowing how it turns out until you develop it. Another disadvantage is I already spent $$$ developing and buying film...
    To help reduce the cost of developing, it helps to shoot in B&W monochrome film. Get some basic chemical from ruby. Then 'wash' the film in the toilet at home. Pull it out and scan or lab scan it. Back on the computer, then selectively select the one you want to print. Problem here is it is even more expensive to lab print the b&w photo. A C41 print out will not feel the same as the real b&w prints.

ELSE for color film, do a DO (Developing Only = $4) at the photo lab and have it scan to CD.

Shooting film in manual camera helps one think better when it comes to composition and setting... to the extend of having it "one shoot, one kill"... you may not need to wait till the film is process, but you can know that you've got it after the shutter is pressed. There are just so much funz! haaa... =)

cheerss...

Shooting film in manual camera helps one think better when it comes to composition and setting... to the extend of having it "one shoot, one kill"... you may not need to wait till the film is process, but you can know that you've got it after the shutter is pressed. There are just so much funz! haaa... =)

cheerss...
    An alternative method is to have lots of self control and not rely upon the "digital" portion of our cameras

To help reduce the cost of developing, it helps to shoot in B&W monochrome film. Get some basic chemical from ruby. Then 'wash' the film in the toilet at home. Pull it out and scan or lab scan it. Back on the computer, then selectively select the one you want to print. Problem here is it is even more expensive to lab print the b&w photo. A C41 print out will not feel the same as the real b&w prints.

ELSE for color film, do a DO (Developing Only = $4) at the photo lab and have it scan to CD.

cheerss...
    Thanks. I did hunt around SLS for the film scanner accessory for my Epson 1650 but apparently, it is no longer on sale. A brand new scanner with film scan module cost around $250 but I am reluctant to give up the current scanner as it is still going strong.
    Anyone want to buy it so I can upgrade?

As foir washing the film myself, I am not that inclinded towards it....so still have to depend on film studio....

Film Is Lovely Media

My Pentax Spotmatic F arrived... but I am still waiting for my Pentax KX (seems to be problem with shipping, eBay seller claimed to have sent the camera long ago)
    * Take only pictures, leave only footprints, kill only time... and live a life! *
    :) Alvin

Quote Originally Posted by alvinsclee View Post
    Film Is Lovely Media

My Pentax Spotmatic F arrived... but I am still waiting for my Pentax KX (seems to be problem with shipping, eBay seller claimed to have sent the camera long ago)
    oh no! Hope your KX does not end up like my Pentax A50 lens...both it and the seller has gone into the twilight zone...

Anyway, Good luck on your KX!

My KX has finally arrived! Shipping and post office problems caused some delay.
    I now have Pentax Spotmatic F (last of the M42 fully mechanical) and Pentax KX (last of the K-mount fully mechanical). Both cams are used ones in not-so-good cosmetic condition... but all functions are working fine.
    Last edited by alvinsclee; 5th July 2007 at 06:14 PM.
    * Take only pictures, leave only footprints, kill only time... and live a life! *

Quote Originally Posted by alvinsclee View Post
    My KX has finally arrived! Shipping and post office problems caused some delay.
    I now have Pentax Spotmatic F (last of the M42 fully mechanical) and Pentax KX (last of the K-mount fully mechanical). Both cams are used ones in not-so-good cosmetic condition... but all functions are working fine.
    I am not sure if Pentax KX is the last K-mount fully mechanical camera? Isn't MX or LX the last K-mount fully mechanical camera?. Not sure about LX, but my MX is fully mechanical leh..

cheersss

Oops... I meant to type "last of the K-series fully mechanical"... I'm so used to the "K-mount" word lah.
    K2 was actually the last of the K-series but it is not fully mechanical (it has auto exposure).
    Yes, MX is fully mechanical. I think LX has electro-mechanical shutter
    Last edited by alvinsclee; 5th July 2007 at 07:32 PM.

congrats alvin! They really took a long time to arrive!
    I am still using my K100D occasionally. Its odd because the feel of the camera, its shutter release sound and the view finder all feel more superior than the K100D! Plus its a really cool feeling to be cranking the film advance after each shot..look so professional to other people..and the fact the body is in excellent condtion helps too! ...hahaha

congrats alvin! They really took a long time to arrive!
    I am still using my K100D occasionally. Its odd because the feel of the camera, its shutter release sound and the view finder all feel more superior than the K100D! Plus its a really cool feeling to be cranking the film advance after each shot..look so professional to other people..and the fact the body is in excellent condtion helps too! ...hahaha
    viewfinder should definitely be better - sensor is not "cropped"!

interestnig about the other two though

Quote Originally Posted by dnaxe View Post
    viewfinder should definitely be better - sensor is not "cropped"!

interestnig about the other two though
    its the X-factor actually. its like how the classic mini and beetle has a different an unique feel to it even though the newer models are more comfortable and refined. its not the same!
    imagine mr bean driving the new mini instead like in the movie. see the crowd response when he saw the classic one?
    so although the K100D feels better ergonomically, the solid built and heavy feel of the K1000 is an entire experience altogether. as for the shutter sound, its has a solid click to it instead of the subdued sound you here in yuor K100D....i must be crazy to be still using the K1000 in year 2007!

its the X-factor actually. its like how the classic mini and beetle has a different an unique feel to it even though the newer models are more comfortable and refined. its not the same!
    imagine mr bean driving the new mini instead like in the movie. see the crowd response when he saw the classic one?
    so although the K100D feels better ergonomically, the solid built and heavy feel of the K1000 is an entire experience altogether. as for the shutter sound, its has a solid click to it instead of the subdued sound you here in yuor K100D....i must be crazy to be still using the K1000 in year 2007!
    No lah... you are not crazy. Little people actually appreciate the X-factor feeling of using a manual camera. It is just that most people in year 2007 get so convience with modern life that developing photo on film and using such old camera has become a chore.

These days, no newbies would want to learn photography using the old manual anymore. Sad thing is, they don't even understand about photography and they just want a digital? TEll them to start with a manual?... their response is, why should i if digital is so convience?

HAaa.. time has changed. Keep the X-factor to ourselves, bah!

cheeerss..

These days, no newbies would want to learn photography using the old manual anymore. Sad thing is, they don't even understand about photography and they just want a digital? TEll them to start with a manual?... their response is, why should i if digital is so convience?
    It's much cheaper to learn with a digital actually...
    But the drawback is that each shot becomes so cheap, they stop to think through each shot before pressing the button. Just snap, if no good, snap again until it's correct.
    Unfortunately, I think I'm starting to become victim of this bad habit...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234