Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: 1000mm + lens

  1. #1

    Default 1000mm + lens

    What are those lenses with a focal length of 1200mm+ used for? Just for curiosity sake...

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: 1000mm + lens

    Quote Originally Posted by aq12345 View Post
    What are those lenses with a focal length of 1200mm+ used for? Just for curiosity sake...
    shoot moon, shoot bird, shoot ppl's room from far away... mostly = shoot things far far away...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    west side!
    Posts
    725

    Default Re: 1000mm + lens

    mainly wildlife and to a certain extent, sports.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    West side of S'pore
    Posts
    5,528

    Default Re: 1000mm + lens

    Shoot your sexy neighbour in the next block 50m away.

    Add one more reason to the mix: paparazzi.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    East
    Posts
    1,303

    Default Re: 1000mm + lens

    I think it would be v useful for PIs... then again, i think it'll be too obvious.... hahahaha

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Singapore, CanonGraphers.org
    Posts
    3,157

    Default Re: 1000mm + lens

    Shoot sports.

    Get tighter crop when you need it.

  7. #7

    Default Re: 1000mm + lens

    I use it to take pictures of my victims before shooting them

  8. #8

    Default Re: 1000mm + lens

    telescopes

  9. #9

    Default Re: 1000mm + lens

    hmm...but i guess as for shooting sports, it'll be a bit too 'zoomed' right?

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    765

    Default Re: 1000mm + lens

    Quote Originally Posted by dnaxe View Post
    telescopes
    If they are used as telescopes, it's definitely not those used for astrophotography.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,256

    Default Re: 1000mm + lens

    Quote Originally Posted by cantaresg View Post
    If they are used as telescopes, it's definitely not those used for astrophotography.
    for the price of these telephoto lenses i would rather get a telescope and stick a cam on it via a t-ring and an adaptor.. thats what most astrophotographers do

    with a telescope you can equip it with a tracking device so that there will be relative tracking with a long exposure.. wont be streaks etc..
    chezburgr i can haz?

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,719

    Default Re: 1000mm + lens

    Formula 1,

  13. #13

    Default Re: 1000mm + lens

    Quote Originally Posted by Garion View Post
    Shoot your sexy neighbour in the next block 50m away.

    Add one more reason to the mix: paparazzi.
    oh no!! now i know wat your 500 IS is for

  14. #14

    Default Re: 1000mm + lens

    Quote Originally Posted by zekai View Post
    Formula 1,
    Good luck with that!!

  15. #15

    Default Re: 1000mm + lens

    for landscapes and portraits. sometimes used for food photography too.

  16. #16

    Default Re: 1000mm + lens

    Quote Originally Posted by satay16 View Post
    for landscapes and portraits. sometimes used for food photography too.
    Like shooting the food on the dining table of the neighbour 2 blocks away?

  17. #17

    Default Re: 1000mm + lens

    Quote Originally Posted by lsisaxon View Post
    Like shooting the food on the dining table of the neighbour 2 blocks away?
    nononono. you add on a stack of macro tubes and close-up filters.

  18. #18

    Default Re: 1000mm + lens

    Quote Originally Posted by satay16 View Post
    nononono. you add on a stack of macro tubes and close-up filters.
    wah idea siah! Lets see how many 25mm tubes you need to stack to get 1:1.. 2f=2000mm, 2000/25=80!! Wah! you need 80 tubes and you need to stand 4m away to shoot it!!

  19. #19

    Default Re: 1000mm + lens

    Quote Originally Posted by lsisaxon View Post
    wah idea siah! Lets see how many 25mm tubes you need to stack to get 1:1.. 2f=2000mm, 2000/25=80!! Wah! you need 80 tubes and you need to stand 4m away to shoot it!!
    yar. cos tubes tend to cause less degration in picture quality.

  20. #20

    Default Re: 1000mm + lens

    use as a baseball bat

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •