Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Quit Smoking Ads...

Default Re: Quit Smoking Ads...

Quote Originally Posted by deckard View Post
    smoking kills everybody knows that by now, those who are still smoking must either be very very rich, or want to die young..
    but what about those who die old by smoking?

Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    It is true that it does send a shivering moment to a lot of people but in the end, what is the real true? The woman is a FAKE!!!

Using a FAKE ads to ask people to quit smoking, it is not a good idea. It is challenging people to pick up smoking, especially youngster, as they know that the ads is a fake.

Example a girl, scare of the ads when she is 14. When she is 18 and mixed with some smokers, they will tell her. "Come on, that ads is FAKE, you wouldn't become like that." Then the girl, thinking that what her friends said is true, pick up smoking in the end.

So, this ads, better stop else more and more people will start smoking instead of quitting as the only way to stop smoking, BAN IT!

The woman has to be fake because no victims willingly to expose themselves in the media.
    How would they feel if authoriities requested them to be air on national TV???

The authorities have to be sensitive abit unless victims volunteer for the ad.
    But i doubt anyone has the courage to do that.

Get that late stage of illness liao still got the time and mood to an ad for anti-smoking??

Isn't there a real victim in the TVC for the cancer or sthg related illness??
    Ends up people wrote the letter on why showing the real patient?? Claiming unnecessary,
    insensitive...etc etc.

No doubt there will be some youngsters who think nothing of the ad
    but
    there will be some of them will think twice for picking up smoking.

If the ad manage to discourage 200 smokers-to-be, i would consider sucessful liao.
    It is better to discourage people taking up smoking rather than you do nothing about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Deceased View Post

If the ad manage to discourage 200 smokers-to-be, i would consider sucessful liao.
    It is better to discourage people taking up smoking rather than you do nothing about it.

If this kind of scarly ads do have effect, previous ads brought only more smokers and they come out even more scarly one. So, if you can say that less 200 smokers-to-be for now, I think there might 2k to be after feel that they been cheated and challeanged.
    Last edited by BBTM; 8th April 2007 at 07:25 PM.

when my wife first told me about this ad (when it was in post production), she told me it was a guarentee that there are going to be people that cannot take in the REALITY of what may happen even if it was OBVIOUSLY fake. needless to say that she was right and in fact, so many people in singapore found it too "scary" that that is the reason why there is the warning before the commercial.

do things need to be sugarcoated or should we take in life as it really is? 'd rather take in life for what it is...if my kids freak out, good, then i'll tell them this is what can happen instead of simply having a picture of a slab of lungs on the table after an autopsy trying to say this person died of lung cancer. instead, why don't you show them how you will LIVE with lung cancer, oral cancer, or other things that you basically can control.

Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    My own thinking of seeing the ads.

It is true that it does send a shivering moment to a lot of people but in the end, what is the real true? The woman is a FAKE!!!

Using a FAKE ads to ask people to quit smoking, it is not a good idea. It is challenging people to pick up smoking, especially youngster, as they know that the ads is a fake.

Example a girl, scare of the ads when she is 14. When she is 18 and mixed with some smokers, they will tell her. "Come on, that ads is FAKE, you wouldn't become like that." Then the girl, thinking that what her friends said is true, pick up smoking in the end.

So, this ads, better stop else more and more people will start smoking instead of quitting as the only way to stop smoking, BAN IT!
    Hmmm... Agree... They will only regret when they hit the nail...

In other hand, I would prefer the Li Na Xing Ads for the stop gambling.

I dun think I recall any stop smoking ad by any SG star?

Deregistered

Do you know what is the advantage of smoking? Wonder why I said so? There is ONE advantage and that is:

You Will Be Forever Young!!! (Because smokers normally die at young age and they never have a chance to grow old)

Those campaign are necessary because the cancer rates due to smoking is increasing tremendously in Singapore. It a heavy burden to the government and family member of those patients (smokers) and of course not forgetting the taxpayer like myself!

Quit Smoking and Live Life Gracefully!

'If you torture your body today, your body will torture you tomorrow' - Source unknown...
    Last edited by Wisdomworld; 8th April 2007 at 09:56 PM.

Deregistered

They are the 5% or less. Would you invest in something that have less than 5% of chance of succeed?

And again: 'If you torture your body today, your body will torture you tomorrow' - Source unknown...

Quote Originally Posted by ihub88 View Post
    but what about those who die old by smoking?
    Last edited by Wisdomworld; 9th April 2007 at 11:14 AM.

Actually using 'fear factor' is quite effective and enhance existing legislation, like increasing tobacco taxes, laws and bans.

Deregistered

Totally agree!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kenele View Post
    Actually using 'fear factor' is quite effective and enhance existing legislation, like increasing tobacco taxes, laws and bans.

I don't find that picture scary. Comparing "The Ring" poster, I feel that this ad looks better.

I've seen the infamous "Faces of Death". Nothing else looks more horrible.

aiyah...
    i think is that just bcos ppl are so conservative to seeing such things...
    so they say the poster is scary.
    this is only on the surface of your body leh.
    i believe you've seen much scarier faces on the streets right?
    maybe it's the makeup effect bah.
    compare to the last ads, which they use lungs, brain..etc issn't that even worst as majority haven't even seen one before (unless they are biology educated or got the human skeleton at home lor)...
    You are who you are. Shoot what you enjoy.
    PBase || Blog

Quote Originally Posted by mojopy View Post
    aiyah...
    compare to the last ads, which they use lungs, brain..etc issn't that even worst as majority haven't even seen one before (unless they are biology educated or got the human skeleton at home lor)...
    We eat the pig's internal organ, which looks similar to human. Some even have to prepare it raw, so seeing some internal organ in an ad, is not scary to us. My 2 cents

but den got how many ppl actually see the raw one?
    what we eat is all black black with the lor zup.

how come ppl can accept Grey's Anatomy, scary movies but not this leh?
    -> according to Frontline, one interviewee said that they know that those they see in movies and show are fake cos acting mah.

but issn't the commercial also part of acting?
    so why still scared about it?
    You are who you are. Shoot what you enjoy.
    PBase || Blog

Quote Originally Posted by kenele View Post
    Aiyah.. legislation also useless lah.. every morning I still see secondary students congregate at the void deck seats and smoke there..

Ban in public places like bus stops and parks are not heavily enforced, after a while, people will still continue to smoke.. the stake isn't high enough for them.

Best is a total ban... but that will cost the government a lot of votes. I think the stats that smokers are a minority doesn't seem to be right.. everywhere I go, I see more people smoking than people who are not..

In Japan, people do smoke, but they do try not to cause inconvenience to others. I think Singapore will benefit more by adopting a culture that gives more consideration to others than a 'me first' or 'lim peh song' attitude.

Deregistered

Video record it and post it to Stomp!

Quote Originally Posted by lsisaxon View Post
    Aiyah.. legislation also useless lah.. every morning I still see secondary students congregate at the void deck seats and smoke there..

Ban in public places like bus stops and parks are not heavily enforced, after a while, people will still continue to smoke.. the stake isn't high enough for them.

Best is a total ban... but that will cost the government a lot of votes. I think the stats that smokers are a minority doesn't seem to be right.. everywhere I go, I see more people smoking than people who are not..

In Japan, people do smoke, but they do try not to cause inconvenience to others. I think Singapore will benefit more by adopting a culture that gives more consideration to others than a 'me first' or 'lim peh song' attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Wisdomworld View Post
    Video record it and post it to Stomp!
    Walao.. you want me to kena whacked is it?

Deregistered

What Causes Cancer?....Tobacco ranked no.1
    http://www.nccs.com.sg/cedu/pt_04_2.htm

What is Cancer?
    http://www.nccs.com.sg/cedu/pt_04_1.htm

TEN MOST FREQUENT CANCERS AFFECTING (MEN & WOMEN IN SINGAPORE 1998 - 2002)
    http://www.nccs.com.sg/cedu/pt_04_3.htm
    Last edited by Wisdomworld; 9th April 2007 at 04:35 PM.

I don't care about smokers killing themselves.

I am typically selfish, I only care whether they are killing me! I mean, they are entitled to make their own choices in life after all (grin Espion) but hey, I don't get a choice whether I can avoid inhaling second-hand smoke.

Best suggestion I can think of is to make dedicated smoking fish bowls (inverted) so that smokers will only harm themselves with second-hand smoke!

This ads is just like a wolf and the person think of this ads, is the boy. So, the boy lies, people might believe in him for the start but after some time, no one see real results, no one believe. Therefore, how many times the boy cry for wolf in the end, no one believe. Just like the ads, no matter how gross is the effect, no one bother as they know, although it is there (wolf does exist), but no real prove as no one see it. In the end, sheep dies, just like more n more people picking smoking and dies.....

next time they'll have target audience ads.

"Don smoke, your photographic equipments will stink, low resale value"
    confirm more than 200 photographers quit
    haha

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast