Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 37 of 37

Thread: Jeremy Clarkson destroying Perodua

  1. #21

    Default Re: Jeremy Clarkson destroying Perodua

    agreed...

    from my home to workplace by public transport: 45min at least.
    By car: 15min

    Of course, during peak hours it may be faster taking MRT.

    Taking a bus for anything but a short hop is a waste of time. People who keep saying that SG has a very efficient public transport system probably drive.

  2. #22

    Default Re: Jeremy Clarkson destroying Perodua

    hmmm...fierce

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default Re: Jeremy Clarkson destroying Perodua

    Quote Originally Posted by hongsien View Post
    Then the car would too expensive! It is all about costs......

    ALL corporations SOLE prupose is to make profit!

    As for greener cars, I agree..........anyway, there is no need for having a car in Singapore, unless you are old or have kids.

    HS
    i think according to JC, REAL car makers are not in for the profit but instead, for the PASSION of cars. I guess they run charity organisations; selling cars just to cover operational costs.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  4. #24
    Senior Member wrx_sti_22b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Compassvale Lane
    Posts
    4,952

    Default Re: Jeremy Clarkson destroying Perodua

    Quote Originally Posted by Tango3 View Post
    Its pretty funny that the Malaysians are making so much noise about it now when this video has been around for over 2 years!!!

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6528087.stm

    Malaysia slow mah...

  5. #25

    Default Re: Jeremy Clarkson destroying Perodua

    Jeremy Clarkson is notorious for his acerbic wit but fans of the UK show 'Top Gear' love watching him and the Hamster - it is all part of the fun of watching the show - you never know what they will say or come up with. He is irreverent and loves taking the mickey out of everyone (esp the Hamster) and everything. Obviously he has pissed off quite a number of people over the years.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Clarkson

    You just have to look at the lighter side of things. The show is generally quite entertaining - in a low brow sort of way. I always look forward to the next episode just to see the silly things they will come up with to say and do.

    The Kelisa skit was actually quite tame and boring.
    Last edited by Tetrode; 7th April 2007 at 05:43 AM.

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Jeremy Clarkson destroying Perodua

    Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay View Post
    i think according to JC, REAL car makers are not in for the profit but instead, for the PASSION of cars. I guess they run charity organisations; selling cars just to cover operational costs.
    now then u know... they do monthly contributions to Top Gear, etc... then donate cars for test drive, and then make sure they only produce a limited amount so people pay insane amount to buy it, and with those 6 secs to 100, whoever able to pay it will also enjoy them in the circuit only which is also another proudly sponsored by Real Car Makers... else u think circuit are built for whatever reason? Real Car Makers also sponsor F1 and Rallys ok... energise the economy, bring rice indirectly to your ricebowl...

    reminds me of a song if i wanna make an advertisement for them...

    Every breath you take (breath in before starting engine)
    Every move you make (slowly on the headlights)
    Every bond you break (disengage the handbrake)
    Every step you take (step on the accelerator)
    Ill be watching you (Police behind you)
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,256

    Default Re: Jeremy Clarkson destroying Perodua

    the perodua is kinda soft huh
    chezburgr i can haz?

  8. #28

    Default Re: Jeremy Clarkson destroying Perodua

    Reading the comments on Youtube it seems that lots of people were offended by this without knowing about Top Gear or Jeremy Clarkson. He is outspoken and controversial and because of this he is popular on tv shows, as a newspaper columnist and writer. He says things out loud that many people think but are too afraid to say. My favourite episode was when the Top Gear team took a caravaning holiday and ended up setting it on fire which spread to the neighouring caravan on the site.

    I find watching Top Gear quite refreshing here because if they really don't like a car they will say so despite what the manufacturer might think. It's hilarious when he clearly doesn't like a high-end car and you can imagine the manufacturers cringing in their homes as the show is aired. In many shows, the products reviewed are reviewed because the company is sponsoring the show and therefore only good things are said.

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default Re: Jeremy Clarkson destroying Perodua

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    now then u know... they do monthly contributions to Top Gear, etc... then donate cars for test drive, and then make sure they only produce a limited amount so people pay insane amount to buy it, and with those 6 secs to 100, whoever able to pay it will also enjoy them in the circuit only which is also another proudly sponsored by Real Car Makers... else u think circuit are built for whatever reason? Real Car Makers also sponsor F1 and Rallys ok... energise the economy, bring rice indirectly to your ricebowl...

    reminds me of a song if i wanna make an advertisement for them...

    Every breath you take (breath in before starting engine)
    Every move you make (slowly on the headlights)
    Every bond you break (disengage the handbrake)
    Every step you take (step on the accelerator)
    Ill be watching you (Police behind you)
    6 sec to 100? so slow.. hahah.. I don't even have 4 wheels and not even 500cc and I can top that already..
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  10. #30

    Default Re: Jeremy Clarkson destroying Perodua

    Quote Originally Posted by eastwest View Post
    Reading the comments on Youtube it seems that lots of people were offended by this without knowing about Top Gear or Jeremy Clarkson. He is outspoken and controversial and because of this he is popular on tv shows, as a newspaper columnist and writer. He says things out loud that many people think but are too afraid to say. My favourite episode was when the Top Gear team took a caravaning holiday and ended up setting it on fire which spread to the neighouring caravan on the site.

    I find watching Top Gear quite refreshing here because if they really don't like a car they will say so despite what the manufacturer might think. It's hilarious when he clearly doesn't like a high-end car and you can imagine the manufacturers cringing in their homes as the show is aired. In many shows, the products reviewed are reviewed because the company is sponsoring the show and therefore only good things are said.
    Yes, my sentiments exactly. I laughed myself silly watching the episode when he called the new hard top Porsche Boxster the C**kster. And in the another episode when that German Nurburgring chick expert overtook Porsches in a Ford Transit Van while trying to beat Jeremy's time on the track.

  11. #31

    Default Re: Jeremy Clarkson destroying Perodua

    This is ture.In British,5000 can buy EVO 4-5,EG + B16A,E36 318,old 911.....Top Gear is good show,funny as hell.His point of view is a car enthuatist(Same as me) where we enjoy mod car,race it.Car is our passion,just like photography.

  12. #32
    Senior Member creampuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Dover
    Posts
    5,116

    Default Re: Jeremy Clarkson destroying Perodua

    The video puts a new meaning to the word Malaysia bashing...

  13. #33

    Default Re: Jeremy Clarkson destroying Perodua

    Anyways,Malaysia is a way too slow.This clip is 2+ year already!!

  14. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Pacman's Corner
    Posts
    406

    Default Re: Jeremy Clarkson destroying Perodua

    Quote Originally Posted by Tetrode View Post
    Yes, my sentiments exactly. I laughed myself silly watching the episode when he called the new hard top Porsche Boxster the C**kster. And in the another episode when that German Nurburgring chick expert overtook Porsches in a Ford Transit Van while trying to beat Jeremy's time on the track.
    Sabine bro. Thats her name.

    The hosts also make fun of themselves, its the reason why the show works (at least for me, compared to the old format), so I dont understand why these people get offended by what they say on the show. IIRC they also named one of Gelli (Not sure about the spelling-Chinese Car Maker) car as one of the ugliest car in the world but the Chinese did not make a big fuss out of it.
    Last edited by Jix; 11th April 2007 at 09:40 AM.

  15. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default Re: Jeremy Clarkson destroying Perodua

    Quote Originally Posted by eastwest View Post
    I find watching Top Gear quite refreshing here because if they really don't like a car they will say so despite what the manufacturer might think. It's hilarious when he clearly doesn't like a high-end car and you can imagine the manufacturers cringing in their homes as the show is aired. In many shows, the products reviewed are reviewed because the company is sponsoring the show and therefore only good things are said.
    maybe the cars they "DIDN'T LIKE" was sponsored by competitors or rejected their reqeust for sponsorship? such is the power of the media, see only what they want you to
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  16. #36

    Default Re: Jeremy Clarkson destroying Perodua

    Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay View Post
    maybe the cars they "DIDN'T LIKE" was sponsored by competitors or rejected their reqeust for sponsorship? such is the power of the media, see only what they want you to
    Actually I suspect that one of their sponsors is Suzuki as they use a Liano for their Celebrity speed trials. And one of the reviewers, James, plugged the new Suzuki Swift on the program in a sheepish "oh while we are at it" manner during one of their 'what is a cool car to own' section - with Clarkson keeping surprisingly quiet while he did it.

  17. #37

    Default Re: Jeremy Clarkson destroying Perodua

    Quote Originally Posted by Jix View Post
    Sabine bro. Thats her name.

    The hosts also make fun of themselves, its the reason why the show works (at least for me, compared to the old format), so I dont understand why these people get offended by what they say on the show. IIRC they also named one of Gelli (Not sure about the spelling-Chinese Car Maker) car as one of the ugliest car in the world but the Chinese did not make a big fuss out of it.
    Yes, she is a hot chick isn't it. Kinda reminds me of young Suzi Quattro.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •