Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jeremy Clarkson destroying Perodua

Arrow Jeremy Clarkson destroying Perodua

Last edited by swampthing; 6th April 2007 at 09:28 AM.

Default Re: Jeremy Clarkson destroying Perodua

Quote Originally Posted by swampthing View Post
    wrong link leh
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    wrong link leh
    Paiseh. Fixed.

Blog Entries

obviously mr clarkson has not got the experience of being overtaken by a perodua driven by a macik on the NE highway....
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed.” ― Deeksha Mittal

I feel sad for the cars he destroyed...

Its pretty funny that the Malaysians are making so much noise about it now when this video has been around for over 2 years!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6528087.stm

"In one article, he said its name was like a disease and suggested it was built in jungles by people who wear leaves for shoes."

This guy obviously is full of prejudices......there are plenty of similar unimaginative cars designed by britisch carmakers in the past (mini for example, which likely served as a model)

Typical.......

HS

If British made cars are really that good, why is it that many of their car companies have been bought over by foreigners?

Quote"He is also known for destroying his most hated cars in various ways, including catapulting a Nissan Sunny using a trebuchet, dropping onto a caravan a Porsche 911 (after dropping a piano onto the bonnet and dousing it in hydrochloric acid, among other things) and shooting a Chevrolet Corvette with a Gatling gun attached to an airborne helicopter." Unquote

Just a rude showy tactic of a creep with no understanding of empathy for the less well off who could not afford Rolls Royce or Bugatti. A Perodua is better than no car at all.
    For the masses, it is affordable private transport. What's wrong with that?

The Germans wanted Volkswagen to be the People's car.

Just typical small kid behaviour, and laughing all the way......what a waste! Pounds 4870 (or so)........so much for a wish to increase viewers.

I concur with Ricohflex! There is a market for these little cars.......there are people who don't give a **** about design, as long as it drives.

HS

He has a valid point in the message ..... the car was designed by a corporation whose sole objective is to make MONEY from the car ..... this, i have high respect.
    Like him, I also think that ppl should be more passionate in the things they want to design/build for the masses ..... be more "green", better functional, better designs, etc.... As for the said car, it is just too boring ...IMO
    always the Light, .... always.

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    He has a valid point in the message ..... the car was designed by a corporation whose sole objective is to make MONEY from the car ..... this, i have high respect.
    Like him, I also think that ppl should be more passionate in the things they want to design/build for the masses ..... be more "green", better functional, better designs, etc.... As for the said car, it is just too boring ...IMO
    Then the car would too expensive! It is all about costs......

ALL corporations SOLE prupose is to make profit!

As for greener cars, I agree..........anyway, there is no need for having a car in Singapore, unless you are old or have kids.

HS

There are car corporations perhaps who want more than making money, but you can't survive that way.....not anymore with current people wages nowadays :-)

HS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EF3W2...elated&search=

This is a more entertaining video of Clarkson destroying cars.

Quote Originally Posted by hongsien View Post
    anyway, there is no need for having a car in Singapore, unless you are old or have kids.

HS
    imagine that one has to travel for more than two hours to reach a destination by public transport vs 30 mins in a car.

Think it is worst than smoking cos you are wasting more time by traveling.

There will not be a need for a car in Singapore if the transportation system is that efficient. that is spending less than an hour to get from one place to another.

Quote Originally Posted by NMSS_2 View Post
    imagine that one has to travel for more than two hours to reach a destination by public transport vs 30 mins in a car.

There will not be a need for a car in Singapore if the transportation system is that efficient. that is spending less than an hour to get from one place to another.
    Where u travel that needs to take more than two hours to reach? I didn't know Singapore is that big..
    When I do right, no one remembers. When I do wrong, no one ever forgets.

JC sux and I'll bet he's racist. I've never supported his shows.
    edit: oh yah.. MG rounds can cause explosion huh? and the 84RR round incinerated the car?
    reflects his shows.. full of crap.

He can HIT a moving target with the 84RR!!!!! looks like SAF need to do something if a dickhead like him can shoot so well.
    Last edited by yanyewkay; 6th April 2007 at 03:33 PM.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Quote Originally Posted by NMSS_2 View Post

I use the MRT from Sengkang to Dhoby Ghaut: 25 min, by car the same will be about 45-50 min.......

You must see not only your own situation but for the country as a whole, how much fuel would have been saved, if there were more buses I agree it will be better. People are getting lazier once you have a car

HS

Quote Originally Posted by hongsien View Post

You must see not only your own situation but for the country as a whole,

HS
    That is Y i am quoting your post as it was a sharp contrast between your situation and mine. i don't have the luxury in working in CBD.

Quote Originally Posted by GDSNP View Post
    Where u travel that needs to take more than two hours to reach? I didn't know Singapore is that big..
    from jurong to changi, from yishun to tuas or from pasir ris to tuas? your pick?

even though the transportation system is far better than many countries but........ having car is still more convenient for some. having to travel with three or more modes of transport per trip is no laughing matter especially when waiting time for a bus can be as much as twenty minutes.

HAHAHHA - so much for OT! Sorry to TS.

I think the video is blardy funny but Mr. Clarkson needs to know where the Perodua is coming from. In a country where most of the population suffers from a lower income and due to the weakness in ringgit, it has become very difficult for an average malaysian family to own a car.

With the number of road accidents involving motorcycles, the perodua was the the means of providing more protection especially to families with children etc while allowing lower income earners to drive, since it is quite difficult to get around in Malaysia without a vehicle.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast