Thread: Macro coupler ring

Default Macro coupler ring

Hi peeps. I'm looking for a macro coupler ring (also called reversing ring I think). Does anyone know where I can get one locally and how much it'll cost? I'm interested in a 49 - 49mm one. Thanks.
    Last edited by rubric; 11th March 2003 at 09:16 PM.

Default me ttoo..

Hey friend,

I have looked everywhetre in Sing but no shop has stock and nobody knows where to get except order from overseas.

SO I have made my own coupling lens with the 2 set-ups.

1) Koboron 70-300mm ( D=67mm) with 50mm (D=49mm).

2) Tamron LD IF AF 200-400mm with Sigma EX 28mm, both with D=77mm

I found out that it would be easier to view the subject with a teleconverter attach to the primary lens.

AF is useless, MF is only applicable when you push your lens to the magnifying range distance. Revice physics and you will understand how the thigs work as well as the calculation for the magnifying part.

Because I dun have extension cord for flash gun, I have to shoot under sunlight. DOF is really critical and hard to obtain sharp image since my lens were really heavy.

ClubSNAP Admin

Default Re: Macro coupler ring

Originally posted by rubric
    Hi peeps. I'm looking for a macro coupler ring (also called reversing ring I think). Does anyone know where I can get one locally and how much it'll cost? I'm interested in a 49 - 49mm one. Thanks.
    What mount are you looking for? Minota, Nikon, Canon ?

The thread size i've seen locally is around 52mm. You can get a step down ring from 49 - 52mm

Default Re: Macro coupler ring

Originally posted by rubric
    Is this for attaching macro/teleconverter lens to a digicam? I have one which is 52-49. Got it from Alley Photo at Raffles City.

Default Re: Re: Macro coupler ring

Originally posted by Simon
    What mount are you looking for? Minota, Nikon, Canon ?
    The thread size i've seen locally is around 52mm. You can get a step down ring from 49 - 52mm
    Simon, I'm using the 7Hi. But does the mount still matter if I hope to reverse mount a standard MF lens? Where did you see the ring and how much? Tx.

Default glue 2 cokin 49mm adapter rings together

just glue 2 cokin rings together and you'll have what you want.

quite strong bond as there is a large surface area to apply the glue and the distance between the two rings' thread will be minimal.

almost as good as a machined one.

damien