View Poll Results: How stable is your job / job surroundings?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very stable, no history or any indication of layoffs

    32 37.21%
  • High probability that there are layoffs in coming months

    5 5.81%
  • Some chances that there are layoffs in coming months

    8 9.30%
  • Expecting layoffs in future but dunno who / when.

    16 18.60%
  • I'm self employed, no-one can lay me off.

    13 15.12%
  • I'm outta job....

    12 13.95%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 59 of 59

Thread: How stable is your job?

  1. #41
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: How stable is your job?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    Maybe if you meet the boss' daughter in a stable? Then your job will be very stable.
    Wouldn't you be galloping like a Rodeo cowboy?

  2. #42

    Default Re: How stable is your job?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Wouldn't you be galloping like a Rodeo cowboy?
    You are a wild stallion, she is the mare with the doe-y eyes.

    Together you will create little foals with your horse-like stamina!

  3. #43

    Default Re: How stable is your job?

    RIDE 'EM COWBOY!!



    Super OT already.

  4. #44

    Default Re: How stable is your job?

    Quote Originally Posted by drakon09 View Post
    RIDE 'EM COWBOY!!



    Super OT already.


    =D =D

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Raffles Place
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: How stable is your job?

    talking abt job security.. i had a fren who got retrenched while she is about to go for maternity leave... the company is damm dirty... public listed some more...lucky she had some savings to hang on to....


  6. #46

    Default Re: How stable is your job?

    Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    talking abt job security.. i had a fren who got retrenched while she is about to go for maternity leave... the company is damm dirty... public listed some more...lucky she had some savings to hang on to....

    Well.. got to face the fact that we're in Singapore.
    How I wish Singapore would have some sort of redundancy packages like the UK or Aussie or some unemployment insurance like the US.
    It doesn't exist now with our current population and I doubt it would ever happen when it's more populated with 6.5 million.

    Going at the present rate, I may end up not returning for future work or retirement. Sigh..

  7. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Raffles Place
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: How stable is your job?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoky View Post
    Well.. got to face the fact that we're in Singapore.
    How I wish Singapore would have some sort of redundancy packages like the UK or Aussie or some unemployment insurance like the US.
    It doesn't exist now with our current population and I doubt it would ever happen when it's more populated with 6.5 million.

    Going at the present rate, I may end up not returning for future work or retirement. Sigh..
    there is only one group of people that is immune to this trend, they are getting a big pay raise ! sigh... should have studied harder... once u got that job even u messed up performance after 6 months.. 6 months of pay also enough to live a good comfortable life.

  8. #48

    Default Re: How stable is your job?

    FIRE ME!!!

    SAF PLEASE FIRE ME!!!!!!!!!

    I rather be jobless.

  9. #49
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: How stable is your job?

    Where got stable job one? Unless you work for your father or wife.

  10. #50

    Default Re: How stable is your job?

    I second that, even SAF is practising golden and silver handshakes.

    Don't make the grade, get retired early.

  11. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    2,156

    Default Re: How stable is your job?

    Quote Originally Posted by drakon09 View Post
    I second that, even SAF is practising golden and silver handshakes.

    Don't make the grade, get retired early.
    does these handshakes apply to NSF?

  12. #52

    Default Re: How stable is your job?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo View Post
    does these handshakes apply to NSF?
    The last time I was in for reservist, they got something called PP1 and PP2... 7 years and 10 yrs contract... after PP2, only 5% or slightly more are retained.

  13. #53

    Default Re: How stable is your job?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo View Post
    does these handshakes apply to NSF?
    Erm... NO...

  14. #54

    Default Re: How stable is your job?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoky View Post
    The last time I was in for reservist, they got something called PP1 and PP2... 7 years and 10 yrs contract... after PP2, only 5% or slightly more are retained.
    No lah, you got it wrong. Premium Plan (PP) 1 is a 10-yr scheme (not contracted; person is free to leave after satisfying NS liability of 4 years). At the 8th year onwards, suitably proficient personnel would be offered PP2, extending their careers at least until their 50th birthday.

    Retention rates differ from formation to formation depending on position availability against eligible-personnel strength, but the SAF-wide mean is between 20%-30% per cohort.

    It is an extremely competitive scheme; it allows SAF to really pick and choose the best people.

  15. #55

    Default Re: How stable is your job?

    Quote Originally Posted by drakon09 View Post
    I second that, even SAF is practising golden and silver handshakes.

    Don't make the grade, get retired early.
    Wa, I thought HANDSHAKE IS BAD.

    Remember, this is a photography forum.

    Anyways, if you don't want the handshake, just get IS lens!

  16. #56

    Default Re: How stable is your job?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo View Post
    does these handshakes apply to NSF?
    Of course.

    Handshake applies to everyone. Just because one is younger doesn't mean his hand will shake less. Of course old man hand will shake more.

  17. #57

    Default Re: How stable is your job?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    Of course.

    Handshake applies to everyone. Just because one is younger doesn't mean his hand will shake less. Of course old man hand will shake more.
    Wah brother, you even OT the OT...

    Good lah!

  18. #58

    Default Re: How stable is your job?

    Quote Originally Posted by drakon09 View Post
    Wah brother, you even OT the OT...

    Good lah!
    Expert here ok!

  19. #59
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Dreamy Nikon Land
    Posts
    2,874

    Default Re: How stable is your job?

    Ya, next time I be professional Gambler in the New IR.

    Everyday, play for 1 hour, earn few hundreds can le. Quite stable lah.
    Andy Ang :lovegrin: - "A Photo speaks a thousand words. Have you spoken today?"
    APAD | Blog

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •