View Poll Results: How stable is your job / job surroundings?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very stable, no history or any indication of layoffs

    32 37.21%
  • High probability that there are layoffs in coming months

    5 5.81%
  • Some chances that there are layoffs in coming months

    8 9.30%
  • Expecting layoffs in future but dunno who / when.

    16 18.60%
  • I'm self employed, no-one can lay me off.

    13 15.12%
  • I'm outta job....

    12 13.95%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 59

Thread: How stable is your job?

  1. #21
    Senior Member glennyong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    5,587

    Default Re: How stable is your job?

    Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay View Post
    cos that's glennyong's boss.. not mine..
    wah............


  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Nee Soon
    Posts
    457

    Default Re: How stable is your job?

    Those people who vote "Very stable" work for gahmen or what ?
    Nowadays, employers very cunning, they don't "layoff" but "outplace" you.

  3. #23
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: How stable is your job?

    Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay View Post
    cos that's glennyong's boss.. not mine..
    Then you can become glenny's boss and he'll have a job for life.

    Everybody is happy.

  4. #24
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: How stable is your job?

    Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay View Post
    i guess 25
    And her daughter is now 14.

    so she married a bit young?

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default Re: How stable is your job?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    And her daughter is now 14.

    so she married a bit young?
    if not where got drama?
    How fortunate for leaders that men do not think. - Adolf Hitler

  6. #26
    Senior Member glennyong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    5,587

    Default Re: How stable is your job?

    so who want to hire me....

    i also have been thinking of working for garmen..... and with the garmen wanting to increase pay for their civil servants to match private sector...

    come worse to worse...

    i shall return back to the mountains and bcome caveman again... a few fellow csers already become caveman liao...

    while some went to learn kungfu from oversea masters..

  7. #27
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: How stable is your job?

    Quote Originally Posted by glennyong View Post
    come worse to worse...

    i shall return back to the mountains and bcome caveman again... a few fellow csers already become caveman liao...

    while some went to learn kungfu from oversea masters..
    Yes head for a cave in Afghanistan mountains where every cave is equipped with large studio strobes. There are stands, booms, reflectors and backgrounds. And a small cave for model changing room.

    If you want a model you'll have to go out in the desert and grab one and bring her home on horse back. With luck she may decide to cook you porridge and be your servant for life. With more luck you may end up having 5 such lifelong servants cum models in your cave.

    May you have many happy years ahead.
    Last edited by Sion; 5th April 2007 at 10:12 PM.

  8. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Toa Payoh
    Posts
    168

    Default Re: How stable is your job?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Yes head for a cave in Afghanistan mountains where every cave is equipped with large studio strobes. There are stands, booms, reflectors and backgrounds. And a small cave for model changing room.

    If you want a model you'll have to go out in the desert and grab one and bring her home on horse back. With luck she may decide to cook you porridge and be your servant for life. With more luck you may end up having 5 such lifelong servants cum models in your cave.

    Then can take photos of Afghan Girl right?

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: How stable is your job?

    i wonder those out-of-job ppl r students in d 1st place...

  10. #30
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    418

    Default Re: How stable is your job?

    No job is stable especially if you are an employee. When you feel it is comfortably stable, be aware that unstable is near and coming.

    So it time for you to think of minding your own business.

  11. #31
    Senior Member Pablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Blue/Green Planet
    Posts
    1,854

    Default Re: How stable is your job?

    If I go to work looking after horses, I guess my job will be stable won't it
    Time, is an effortless construction :)

  12. #32

    Default Re: How stable is your job?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Yes head for a cave in Afghanistan mountains where every cave is equipped with large studio strobes. There are stands, booms, reflectors and backgrounds. And a small cave for model changing room.

    If you want a model you'll have to go out in the desert and grab one and bring her home on horse back. With luck she may decide to cook you porridge and be your servant for life. With more luck you may end up having 5 such lifelong servants cum models in your cave.

    May you have many happy years ahead.
    0.o 0.o 0.o

    And if you work hard enough at being the master when you die there will be a paradise full of models who are all TFCD for you to choose from? =D

  13. #33

    Default Re: How stable is your job?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    0.o 0.o 0.o

    And if you work hard enough at being the master when you die there will be a paradise full of models who are all TFCD for you to choose from? =D
    No lah, when you're the "master" it's probably beyond TFCD.

    It's TF<insert what you will>.

  14. #34

    Default Re: How stable is your job?

    Quote Originally Posted by drakon09 View Post
    No lah, when you're the "master" it's probably beyond TFCD.

    It's TF<insert what you will>.
    Does this mean that students can never enter paradise?


  15. #35
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: How stable is your job?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
    If I go to work looking after horses, I guess my job will be stable won't it
    Depends whether you are on top of the horse or the horse is on top of you.

  16. #36
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: How stable is your job?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    Does this mean that students can never enter paradise?
    Students will enter JC paradise.

  17. #37

    Default Re: How stable is your job?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Students will enter JC paradise.
    JC is just the appetizer, the main course is Uni Hall.


  18. #38

    Default Re: How stable is your job?

    Quote Originally Posted by drakon09 View Post
    JC is just the appetizer, the main course is Uni Hall.

    Then work is the dessert?

    Just doesn't sound right leh.. I usually hate the appetizers the most and love the desserts the most. =D

  19. #39

    Default Re: How stable is your job?

    Yup, work is the dessert, especially if your boss has a 20+ year old daughter...

    We have come full circle.

  20. #40

    Default Re: How stable is your job?

    Quote Originally Posted by drakon09 View Post
    Yup, work is the dessert, especially if your boss has a 20+ year old daughter...

    We have come full circle.


    You made me check the topic to see if I was in the indecent exposure thread, thought you meant that we had finally linked back to topic!

    Maybe if you meet the boss' daughter in a stable? Then your job will be very stable.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •