Thread: Bluetooth Headset as Gaming Headset

vince123123
    Guests

Default Bluetooth Headset as Gaming Headset

I am wondering, can we use our mobile phone's bluetooth headset as a gaming headset? Ie I need it to act as a speaker and microphone at the same time.

Assuming I already have a USB bluetooth dongle, will this work? How does the OS recognise it as a speaker and mic? I saw some bluetooth converting devices that have stereo jacks outputs, presumably to connect to the sound card - but they are expensive.

Any ideas?

Default Re: Bluetooth Headset as Gaming Headset

you need to install the BT drivers that allow the audio profile.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

vince123123
    Guests

Uhm, I have no clue what you are talking about hehe, can explain again?

Or are you saying that my headset MUST be able to support some "audio profile", ie not all headsets can do this? Mine is a free targus one that I got when i bought my 6515

Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay View Post
    you need to install the BT drivers that allow the audio profile.

all headsets will come with the "handsfree" audio profile (else quite useless right? )
    however, the problem is with the PC side. Your PC's bluetooth driver must be able to support this handsfree profile or headset profile.

http://www.bluetooth.com/Bluetooth/L...s_Overview.htm
    search for "Hands-Free Profile (HFP)" inside the page. Just a few lines below is the headset profile.

BlueSoleil is a popular program packaged with BT dongles to do just that.

vince123123
    Guests

Hmm so basically there's nothing additional to do? JUst install my BT dongle and drivers and see if it works? How to test? A new "speaker" will appear in my control panel or something?

how to test ah.. normally the BT software will let you choose to output the audio to speakers (soundcard) or the headset.

play music files and see if it comes out from your BT headset. and use voice recorder to see if it can record your voice.

vince123123
    Guests

Ohoh, ok I go try! Thanks!

how to test ah.. normally the BT software will let you choose to output the audio to speakers (soundcard) or the headset.

play music files and see if it comes out from your BT headset. and use voice recorder to see if it can record your voice.

vince123123
    Guests

Im trying to Bluesoleil software now. it recognises my headset as a headset. I'm not sure how to "output the audio to headset". Can you help me with this?

My headset is the Targus Mini Bluetooth Headset.

EDIT: I went to Control Panel to select Bluetooth Audio as my default speaker, but still can't...

Ah it works now! After fiddling around

Last edited by vince123123; 5th April 2007 at 03:10 AM.

Has anyone tested BlueSoliel with Vista? I read on the site that version 3.0 is supposed to work but there was no Version 3 available for download.