Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Non-camera backpack to store camera?

Default Non-camera backpack to store camera?

any ppl know of any non-camera backpack that can store a dslr safely inside and yet can be easily retrieved? i was looking at the lowepro rover II AW and find the concept and design not bad until i saw the thick waist belt, not sure whether it can be removed though? i want a bag that can be used for daily purposes and can contain a dslr whenever i want to. any bags to recommend?
    | 2point8 Photography |
    :: to see the world in a grain of sand, and heaven in a wild flower ::

Default Re: non-camera backpack to store camera?

How big does your daily purposes part have to be?

Orion Trekker II comes to mind. Or if you need more daily purposes space, e.g. laptop.. Compudaypack?

take out the insert compartment from your normal camera bag and put inside the backpack. somehow it works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by deckard View Post
    take out the insert compartment from your normal camera bag and put inside the backpack. somehow it works for me.
    is a good ideal for cam only but if u need to put others stuff inside..then i might not that suitable...

perhaps , the arny style green haversack is good ??? all in one, put all u can ....

Quote Originally Posted by 2point8 View Post
    any ppl know of any non-camera backpack that can store a dslr safely inside and yet can be easily retrieved? i was looking at the lowepro rover II AW and find the concept and design not bad until i saw the thick waist belt, not sure whether it can be removed though? i want a bag that can be used for daily purposes and can contain a dslr whenever i want to. any bags to recommend?
    2 model come in mind ...lowepro orion trekker II or tamrac adventure 7, about the size n design and not too scary huge...

Quote Originally Posted by drewdam View Post
    2 model come in mind ...lowepro orion trekker II or tamrac adventure 7, about the size n design and not too scary huge...
    these 2 models are ok but their top compartment is quite small, cannot store books well. i like the bottom compartment camera top compartment personal items type of design like the rover II AW, just that the waistbelt thing dun allow me to use it as a normal bag.
    | 2point8 Photography |

these 2 models are ok but their top compartment is quite small, cannot store books well. i like the bottom compartment camera top compartment personal items type of design like the rover II AW, just that the waistbelt thing dun allow me to use it as a normal bag.
    u can check at shop if the waistbelt removeable..

it should be removable. my compurover waistbelt is removable albeit with a little difficulty because there is a velcro on the inside that keeps the waistbelt from sliding around.

Crumpler Sinking Barge

not sure, but i find the thick waistbelt on my mini trekker very good if you were to run or chase something... it stop the bag from banging you every step you made.

Quote Originally Posted by ExplorerZ View Post
    not sure, but i find the thick waistbelt on my mini trekker very good if you were to run or chase something... it stop the bag from banging you every step you made.
    compurover waistbelt is even thicker..

Quote Originally Posted by drewdam View Post
    compurover waistbelt is even thicker..
    oO, but it looks more comfy than the minitrekker waist"strap"

Quote Originally Posted by ExplorerZ View Post
    oO, but it looks more comfy than the minitrekker waist"strap"
    i tried b4..ya is thick but for pple with tumi ...haha u know lah

I usually use either a Lowepro Rezo AW or a Crumpler 6 Million Dollar Home when travelling. But when I don't need my whole kit, I will just wrap my camera with fitted with a versatile walkabout lens in a sweater and dump it into my Deuter (non-camera) backpack. I take it out and hang in around my neck otherwise.

yes the compurover looks like the best option now, the removable waistbelt thing appeal to me cos i dun wan to have the waistbelt when i'm using it as a normal bag. but if there are other brands like tatonka or eagle creek that have similar bags it will be better cos who in sg carries a lowepro bag around not for shooting purposes haha
    | 2point8 Photography |

Default Re: Non-camera backpack to store camera?

When I do walkabout and I bring only one lens I'd put the whole setup in a beanie and throw it in my bag. It fits most setups just fine and if you need more protection you can always buy a thicker one meant for winter wear to better protection.

I own a roverII AW, and no the strap is not removable... what I do is I adjust it so that it fits nicely close to the bag, tape it secure, adjust the fit of the bag, and use it as built in lumbar support... very comfortable as it adds padding to the part of the bag that comes in contact with the lower part of the back...

looks like wrapping the camera in something soft is quite common haha... for me right now i put my camera in a padded labtop sleeve and then inside my backpack. but if there's a one-for-all purpose backpack it would be the best.
    | 2point8 Photography |

looks like wrapping the camera in something soft is quite common haha... for me right now i put my camera in a padded labtop sleeve and then inside my backpack. but if there's a one-for-all purpose backpack it would be the best.
    Cameras quite hardy generally - no problem doing this lah. Some of the pros do as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast