Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5891011 LastLast

Thread: New to K100D

Default Re: New to K100D

will do will do...

still playing with it now... never use a dslr before... still green and raw!!

By the way... there are no more K100D as I can see in OP. Still got 2 sets of K10D. Me and another couple each bought a set of K100D.

Quote Originally Posted by travelscars View Post
    will do will do...

By the way... there are no more K100D as I can see in OP. Still got 2 sets of K10D. Me and another couple each bought a set of K100D.
    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showpost....&postcount=157

Told you so.
    Birds Of Singapore Android App released!
    the mac 13 on Flickr

Hi.. couple of questions here.

i found out like there is 2 dot or speck of dust when i remove the lenses and look thru the view finder. How to get those remove? well it wasn't anything that bother me too much.

2nd.. When i look thru the view finder.. I can sort of see finger prints. I can't be sure where does it comes from. Not anything to bother me too much too but I sure like to have the above 2 minor flaws corrected.

Ok.. I like to take landscape shots such as mountains, hills, beaches etc.. what are the wide angle lenses to look at?

And what are the filters to use if I take direct shots at the sun(sunrise and sunsets)?

Thanks

Just a reminder;

Please DO NOT point your camera with any lenses at the sun for too long, shutter curtain/CCD will get burn.

Hi.. couple of questions here.

i found out like there is 2 dot or speck of dust when i remove the lenses and look thru the view finder. How to get those remove? well it wasn't anything that bother me too much.

2nd.. When i look thru the view finder.. I can sort of see finger prints. I can't be sure where does it comes from. Not anything to bother me too much too but I sure like to have the above 2 minor flaws corrected.

Ok.. I like to take landscape shots such as mountains, hills, beaches etc.. what are the wide angle lenses to look at?

And what are the filters to use if I take direct shots at the sun(sunrise and sunsets)?

Thanks
    That is viewfinder dust, no issue. Not important also. Don't really need to clean if it doesn't bother you. Sensor dust is another thing altogether because it shows up on EVERY single shot you take.

That is the focussing screen mosaic pattern. No issue. It only shows up in very bright light, right? If it bothers you can try to change your focussing screen to another one, but I think will still have that sort of thing - or something similar, and costs money.

Wide angle lenses - Pentax has a 10-20 if I'm not wrong, if you want to save some cash, Sigma has 10-20 and 12-24. Both have got quite good reviews, but are really heavy. Otherwise, the 18-55 that comes with the kit set is pretty ok for landscapes other than some very slight distortion, easily corrected in Photoshop. I have been using 18-55 for all my landscape shots.

Filters --> It depends on what sort of effect you want. If you're ok with silhouettes only, then you don't need any. CPL will help very slightly, since you are going to be pointing directly at the sun, reducing its effect. If you want details in the foreground, get a Cokin P series set or Tianya filter set.. And start grabbing those Graduated Neutral Density (GND) filters. Me, I use Cokin.

will do will do...

Oh, I bought mine on Sat at OP, and there was another guy who arrived at the shop almost at the same time, and straight away asked for the K100D. That must have been you then! Big tall guy?

Same here, never really used a DSLR before, but from the few test shots I tried out at home, I'm already very pleased with what it can do compared to all the P&S that I've used before.

Quote Originally Posted by Gengh View Post
    Oh, I bought mine on Sat at OP, and there was another guy who arrived at the shop almost at the same time, and straight away asked for the K100D. That must have been you then! Big tall guy?

Same here, never really used a DSLR before, but from the few test shots I tried out at home, I'm already very pleased with what it can do compared to all the P&S that I've used before.
    Yup.. i guess we've met then. You should bring the cam out to parks around your neighbourhood to snap.. You'll be more pleased!!

Was on the rust that day... Have a few snaps, played around with it.. everything seems ok but I don't know what else to test also.. on a hurry so just pay and go... scared I come back another time no more liao..

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    That is viewfinder dust, no issue. Not important also. Don't really need to clean if it doesn't bother you. Sensor dust is another thing altogether because it shows up on EVERY single shot you take.

That is the focussing screen mosaic pattern. No issue. It only shows up in very bright light, right? If it bothers you can try to change your focussing screen to another one, but I think will still have that sort of thing - or something similar, and costs money.

Wide angle lenses - Pentax has a 10-20 if I'm not wrong, if you want to save some cash, Sigma has 10-20 and 12-24. Both have got quite good reviews, but are really heavy. Otherwise, the 18-55 that comes with the kit set is pretty ok for landscapes other than some very slight distortion, easily corrected in Photoshop. I have been using 18-55 for all my landscape shots.

Filters --> It depends on what sort of effect you want. If you're ok with silhouettes only, then you don't need any. CPL will help very slightly, since you are going to be pointing directly at the sun, reducing its effect. If you want details in the foreground, get a Cokin P series set or Tianya filter set.. And start grabbing those Graduated Neutral Density (GND) filters. Me, I use Cokin.

Hi thanks for all the help..

You advices have been most helpful ..

I'm interested in getting the K100D. Any idea would the price be more attractive up north then in SLS?

If insignificant, would likely drop by OP during lunch tomorrow to get one.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchng View Post
    I'm interested in getting the K100D. Any idea would the price be more attractive up north then in SLS?

If insignificant, would likely drop by OP during lunch tomorrow to get one.

Thanks.
    OP is able to give better price for K100D, due to promotional price in China. It's the same reason why Canada & Malaysia is cheaper too. Unless you are willing to take a trip to Malaysia, OP should be the cheapest price to get a grey kit set of K100D. Shriro Malaysia promotion for it is RM1999 with kit, street price will be cheaper Also comes with International warranty too

Quote Originally Posted by longko View Post
    OP is able to give better price for K100D, due to promotional price in China. It's the same reason why Canada & Malaysia is cheaper too. Unless you are willing to take a trip to Malaysia, OP should be the cheapest price to get a grey kit set of K100D. Shriro Malaysia promotion for it is RM1999 with kit, street price will be cheaper Also comes with International warranty too
    Any particular shop that you would recommend in Malaysia? Will be going in, in the evening. Most probable at City Square, Pelangi, or Holiday Inn.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchng View Post
    Any particular shop that you would recommend in Malaysia? Will be going in, in the evening. Most probable at City Square, Pelangi, or Holiday Inn.
    I'll pm you

longko, could you PM me the Malaysian shops too?

I am thisclose to getting it from OP. *rubs hands* I had my A700 for like two months. I think already outgrown it already heh.

Quote Originally Posted by christysg View Post
    longko, could you PM me the Malaysian shops too?

I am thisclose to getting it from OP. *rubs hands* I had my A700 for like two months. I think already outgrown it already heh.
    Just pmed you Good luck & welcome to Pentax

Saw a lot of sets that last Sunday.
    Birds Of Singapore Android App released!
    the mac 13 on Flickr

Thanks longko

I am leaning towards this cam instead of 350D/D40, but is anyone bothered by the lack of ISO 100 for this cam? Does it even matter? Obviously I am a total newbie at this.

Also, what's the filter thread size? Can't seem to find any info on it.

Thanks guys!

Thanks longko

I am leaning towards this cam instead of 350D/D40, but is anyone bothered by the lack of ISO 100 for this cam? Does it even matter? Obviously I am a total newbie at this.

Thanks guys!
    U're welcome. The filter thread size is based on what lens you use. The kit lenses thread size is 52mm. Though K100D doesn't start at ISO100, it has very good noise control. If I were to use my flash full power, K10D ISO200 can only give me f11-13 shutter 1/180 for well-exposed macro shot, but K100D ISO200 can give me f16 shutter 1/180. Noise appeared mostly in high ISO & underexposed shots. Because K100D sensor able to capture light better, it's able to have ISO 3200 setting where K10D only has ISO1600. (I only can say from my usage on both camera, I'm not the theory type )

In short, don't worry about noise in K100D even though it starts at ISO200

Filter thread size depends on the lens.
    If you're talking about the 18-55mm kit lens, it's 52mm if I rememeber right.

52mm? This means i need a step up ring

Thank you both for the quick reply!
    Last edited by christysg; 20th June 2007 at 10:24 PM.

Buy the FA 50mm f1.4 and you get to use those 49mm filters...

Speaking of which, with so many lenses with differing filter sizes in my dri-cab, now my own filter collection has started increasing... 49, 52, 55, 58, 62, 67, 77...

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5891011 LastLast