Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 89

Thread: Do you think technology had turn against us?

  1. #61

    Default Re: Do you think technology had turn against us?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    At least he didn't GET the Nobel Peace Prize and invent dynamite!
    That will be dynamite, man! Bomb maker and peace maker. hope he don't kanna held by Changi airport security

  2. #62
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Do you think technology had turn against us?

    Quote Originally Posted by mervlam View Post
    that is a no-brainer. why photograph the Cisco armoured van?
    Cisco armoured van is a work of art and beauty to the refined eyes of a would-be robber with a passion for photography.

  3. #63
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    The Guilin of Spore
    Posts
    381

    Default Re: Do you think technology had turn against us?

    Quote Originally Posted by mervlam View Post
    that is a no-brainer. why photograph the Cisco armoured van? planning to rob one is it? must be a case of "traffic police" wannabes catching the van parking on double yellows lines while the officers went to conduct their official business. if they are really concerned, can't they just write in to the relevant authorities? die die must take photo post on Stomp. idiots

    Based on the report, the couple was outraged when they see the van parked illegally, blocking the traffic.

    I miss the days when I can hear mums telling their kids this :

    "Got police su su (* su su = uncle) come here catch pple, we better go elsewhere"



    Now is :

    "TMD, that van block the whole road! I am going to snap a photo and send to Stomp and make the whole world know Cisco guards park their van illegally!"


  4. #64

    Default Re: Do you think technology had turn against us?

    Quote Originally Posted by cjl View Post
    "TMD, that van block the whole road! I am going to snap a photo and send to Stomp and make the whole world know Cisco guards park their van illegally!"

    I bet next time got robbery or what, our people will demand that the policemen park nicely. If not cannot go and confront the robbers. So if no parking space, robbers go scot-free!

    Like that in Singapore, Italian Job not hard. Just need to get A LOT OF COOPER MINIS and fill up the whole parking lot!

  5. #65

    Default Re: Do you think technology had turn against us?

    Quote Originally Posted by mervlam View Post
    dude, what he is trying to say is Alfred Nobel founded the Nobel Prize, which included Nobel Peace Prize. ironically, he invented the dynamite as well.
    oooo, ai ya should write in sg english mah, Queen's EL i dun understand one...

  6. #66

    Default Re: Do you think technology had turn against us?

    Quote Originally Posted by cjl View Post
    Based on the report, the couple was outraged when they see the van parked illegally, blocking the traffic.

    I miss the days when I can hear mums telling their kids this :

    "Got police su su (* su su = uncle) come here catch pple, we better go elsewhere"



    Now is :

    "TMD, that van block the whole road! I am going to snap a photo and send to Stomp and make the whole world know Cisco guards park their van illegally!"

    o ya still got parking att uncle and autie motor parking problem...

  7. #67
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    The Guilin of Spore
    Posts
    381

    Default Re: Do you think technology had turn against us?

    Let me post the whole article :

    From Todayonline.com -

    Cisco guards threatened couple who took photo of officers’ illegally-parked van

    THEY felt they were doing the right thing by taking photographs of an illegally-parked
    Cisco van, but they ended up being threatened instead.


    Mr Dennis Toh and his wife were walking towards the Hougang Swimming Complex
    at about 11.30am on Monday, when they saw the van parked in a yellow box outside
    the Hougang polyclinic.

    According to Mr Toh, who contacted MediaCorp News, the van was blocking
    traffic so he took a photograph of it with his mobile phone to show the traffic police.
    Within minutes, however, he was approached by two Cisco guards he had earlier
    seen directing traffic down the road.

    “They demanded that we delete the picture because we were not allowed to take photos
    of guards on duty,” said Mr Toh, who told them that as it was a public space, he
    could take “any pictures I want”.

    One officer then demanded his particulars and said, according to Mr Toh, “if not
    I’ll detain you on the basis that you refused to delete the picture off your handphone”.

    After a stand-off for about half-an-hour, each party decided to call the police in.
    Said Mr Toh: “The police confirmed with me that I could take whatever pictures
    I want because it’s a public space. (The Cisco guards) don’t have the right to ... approach us in such a manner; they were actually talking to us very aggressively. It
    was shocking.”

    When contacted, Cisco said the officers had chosen to park at the corner of the
    yellow box because it was close to where they were controlling the traffic.


    In any event where a quick response is required, Cisco officers are allowed to park “illegally” in the course of their duty, the security agency said. But it agreed its guards
    had over-responded when they realised they had been photographed by Mr Toh.
    In a statement, Cisco said there was no basis for the guards to be so concerned,
    given the circumstances. But, the company added, it was the guards’ duty to be
    aware of such situations and to investigate and record the incidents in their daily reports
    — which was possibly why they had asked the couple for their particulars.

    Cisco said it took public feedback seriously and would remind its officers to deal
    with such situations more tactfully. — 938LIVE
    Last edited by cjl; 4th April 2007 at 01:50 PM.

  8. #68

    Default Re: Do you think technology had turn against us?

    i think the couple start off the wrong way. if they find that the van is blocking their way, they can ask the officers to move it. why start off with taking photographers? another over-enthu stomper

    of course, i'm not saying the Cisco guards are doing the right thing, but imo, they over responded also.
    Last edited by mervlam; 4th April 2007 at 01:47 PM.

  9. #69
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    The Guilin of Spore
    Posts
    381

    Default Re: Do you think technology had turn against us?

    Quote Originally Posted by mervlam View Post
    i think the couple start off the wrong way. if they find that the van is blocking their way, they can ask the officers to move it. why start off with taking photographers? another over-enthu stomper
    1st thing 1st, they aint a Stomper. The couple is juz a passerby hap to saw something not nice in their eyes

    2nd, I reckon the couple was thinking something big must have hap there and maybe they have the spirit of a reporter, they go snap and snap, not till the Cisco guards came marching to them.

  10. #70

    Default Re: Do you think technology had turn against us?

    Quote Originally Posted by cjl View Post
    Let me post the whole article :

    From Todayonline.com
    Cisco guards threatened couple who took photo of officers’ illegally-parked van


    THEY felt they were doing the right thing by taking photographs of an illegally-parked
    Cisco van, but they ended up being threatened instead.


    Mr Dennis Toh and his wife were walking towards the Hougang Swimming Complex
    at about 11.30am on Monday, when they saw the van parked in a yellow box outside
    the Hougang polyclinic.

    According to Mr Toh, who contacted MediaCorp News, the van was blocking
    traffic so he took a photograph of it with his mobile phone to show the traffic police.
    Within minutes, however, he was approached by two Cisco guards he had earlier
    seen directing traffic down the road.

    “They demanded that we delete the picture because we were not allowed to take photos
    of guards on duty,” said Mr Toh, who told them that as it was a public space, he
    could take “any pictures I want”.

    One officer then demanded his particulars and said, according to Mr Toh, “if not
    I’ll detain you on the basis that you refused to delete the picture off your handphone”.

    After a stand-off for about half-an-hour, each party decided to call the police in.
    Said Mr Toh: “The police confirmed with me that I could take whatever pictures
    I want because it’s a public space. (The Cisco guards) don’t have the right to ... approach
    us in such a manner; they were actually talking to us very aggressively. It
    was shocking.”

    When contacted, Cisco said the officers had chosen to park at the corner of the
    yellow box because it was close to where they were controlling the traffic.


    In any event where a quick response is required, Cisco officers are allowed to park
    “illegally” in the course of their duty, the security agency said. But it agreed its guards
    had over-responded when they realised they had been photographed by Mr Toh.
    In a statement, Cisco said there was no basis for the guards to be so concerned,
    given the circumstances. But, the company added, it was the guards’ duty to be
    aware of such situations and to investigate and record the incidents in their daily reports
    — which was possibly why they had asked the couple for their particulars.

    Cisco said it took public feedback seriously and would remind its officers to deal
    with such situations more tactfully. — 938LIVE
    couples tio pawn, always i tell my junior:' 厉害就好,不要假厉害'

  11. #71

    Default Re: Do you think technology had turn against us?

    Quote Originally Posted by cjl View Post
    1st thing 1st, they aint a Stomper. The couple is juz a passerby hap to saw something not nice in their eyes

    2nd, I reckon the couple was thinking something big must have hap there and maybe they have the spirit of a reporter, they go snap and snap, not till the Cisco guards came marching to them.
    there is a possible that they are if they were not stopped by the guard.... no one noes as it did not progress to that stage

  12. #72
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    The Guilin of Spore
    Posts
    381

    Default Re: Do you think technology had turn against us?

    Quote Originally Posted by mervlam View Post

    of course, i'm not saying the Cisco guards are doing the right thing, but imo, they over responded also.
    How the Cisco guards responded is of anyone's guesses. Some pple can be so sensitive that rising your voice by 0.0001db is deem "agressive"

    Who knows? Maybe the couple use the agressive manners to dim the light on the photography issue.

    And I cant believe the police said its OK to take photographs of these guards in duty. So, can we also take a snap at the Cisco guards guarding the ATM when money is being inserted in? Its a pubilc place afterall?

    I believe some will do that, if the guards have no rifles in hand...

    hahahaa
    Last edited by cjl; 4th April 2007 at 01:57 PM.

  13. #73

    Default Re: Do you think technology had turn against us?

    Quote Originally Posted by cjl View Post
    How the Cisco guards responded is of anyone's guesses. Some pple can be so sensitive that rising your voice by 0.0001db is deem "agressive"

    Who knows? Maybe the couple use the agressive manners to dim the light on the photography issue.

    And I cant believe the police said its OK to take photographs of these guards in duty. So, can we also take a snap at the Cisco guards guarding the ATM when money is being inserted in? Its a pubilc place afterall?

    I believe some will do that, if the guards have no rifles in hand...

    hahahaa
    hmmm, true, true.

    about Cisco guards refilling ATM and taking a snap whilst they are at it, now that's a real no-brainer

  14. #74
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Do you think technology had turn against us?

    I believe that I can take pictures of the guards even when they are refilling an ATM - what are you going to charge me with? A nebulous ISA provision? Breach of national security?

    Also, the press statement gives the incorrect impression - if I choose not to give my particulars for the CISCO officer to fill out his report, there's nothign they can do.

    They should be happy if I don't file a charge for wrongful restraint or wrongful confinement, which is what the complainant should have threatened if they tried to detain him.

    Once again, overzealous security guards who make up their own laws. What's next?

  15. #75
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default Re: Do you think technology had turn against us?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaycelim View Post
    Next time somebody wear skimpy bikini in orchard parading, will see lots of complains
    have mah, i remember a local production tv series about a group of ladies swimmers holding their privet bikini running competition along wisma and ngee ann city.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  16. #76

    Default Re: Do you think technology had turn against us?

    Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    have mah, i remember a local production tv series about a group of ladies swimmers holding their privet bikini running competition along wisma and ngee ann city.
    Fiona Xie, Mei Ren Yu and Ou Xuan
    the last one Xiao Qiao i dun really like....

  17. #77

    Default Re: Do you think technology had turn against us?

    Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    have mah, i remember a local production tv series about a group of ladies swimmers holding their privet bikini running competition along wisma and ngee ann city.
    well, that's the reason why mobtv is so popular. "popular" as in cetain people.

  18. #78
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    The Guilin of Spore
    Posts
    381

    Default Re: Do you think technology had turn against us?

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    I believe that I can take pictures of the guards even when they are refilling an ATM - what are you going to charge me with? A nebulous ISA provision? Breach of national security?

    Also, the press statement gives the incorrect impression - if I choose not to give my particulars for the CISCO officer to fill out his report, there's nothign they can do.

    They should be happy if I don't file a charge for wrongful restraint or wrongful confinement, which is what the complainant should have threatened if they tried to detain him.

    Once again, overzealous security guards who make up their own laws. What's next?
    I dunno wat they going to charge u. But what reason are u going to give them for taking photos for their actions?

    Testing my photography skills?


  19. #79
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Do you think technology had turn against us?

    I don't think I'm obliged under law to give any reason, but if I must, any reason will do. Even a non-commital I am just shooting for my own enjoyment. Is it necessary to think of a reason each time you take a photograph?

    Quote Originally Posted by cjl View Post
    I dunno wat they going to charge u. But what reason are u going to give them for taking photos for their actions?

    Testing my photography skills?


  20. #80
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    The Guilin of Spore
    Posts
    381

    Default Re: Do you think technology had turn against us?

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    I don't think I'm obliged under law to give any reason, but if I must, any reason will do. Even a non-commital I am just shooting for my own enjoyment. Is it necessary to think of a reason each time you take a photograph?
    Sure,

    I will greatly anticipate wat u suggested. Saying one's mind is one level, able to practise wat one preach is another.



    Certainly, for me, I wont shoot a scene or something that will land me into undesirable trouble with authorities. SHooting the ATM refilling progress as one's way of enjoyment? Gosh....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •