Thread: Nikon D70 vs Canon EOS300D

Default Nikon D70 vs Canon EOS300D

Hi all,

new here, so please pardon me if this is boring stuff to you guys... I'm currently looking for a camera and am keen to secure either a Nikon D40/50/60/70 or Canon EOS300D.

Reason being: They are priced around $600-700ish which is around my budget of $500 and I somehow got better confidence with these cameras.

However, I seem to see lots of D70s for sale instead of 300Ds, izit because more people keep the 300Ds as its a better camera? or becoz that the D70 is really such a good camera there are lots of people buying and selling them?

Also, is there a difference between D70 and D70S?

Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Nikon D70 vs Canon EOS300D

I say skip dSLR with that budget... 600-700 is mostly for body only.. you still need a lens to shoot.
    else 300d or d50 with kit lens... the others are above $700 with kit lens nornamlly

You should be able to find D70 + 18-70mm kit lens at around 700+. This kit lens has good optics and will last you for quite a while. While using it, assess your need and get other lens if you really need

Why focus on discontinued cameras (with an already high shutter count) when you can pick up a new Pentax K110 D kit from eBay for less than $800.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanquish75 View Post
    Hi all,

new here, so please pardon me if this is boring stuff to you guys... I'm currently looking for a camera and am keen to secure either a Nikon D40/50/60/70 or Canon EOS300D.

Reason being: They are priced around $600-700ish which is around my budget of $500 and I somehow got better confidence with these cameras.

However, I seem to see lots of D70s for sale instead of 300Ds, izit because more people keep the 300Ds as its a better camera? or becoz that the D70 is really such a good camera there are lots of people buying and selling them?

Also, is there a difference between D70 and D70S?

Thanks in advance!

no more 300Ds - sold already.

D70 - just starting to sell....

Opps! thanks everyone...

Just realised that it means that most of the DSLR on sale only body? and no basic lens that comes with the package when bought new??

Seems like I have to re-plan my budget...

Besides the shutter count and lens, are there any other stuffs I need to take note of?

Thanks in advance!

If it's with the kit lens, the seller will state in the thread.

When u buy a new set, u can buy with kit lens or buy body only.