Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: White balance help

Default Re: White balance help

Quote Originally Posted by gooseberry View Post
    Prefer the first one - though I would like to have seen stronger flare, but without the green cast from the flare dominating the tones so much. I made a quick 2 minute edit of your photo - do you mind if I post it to show you what I mean ?
    nope i dont.thanks goose.

i'll give it a go as well after i finish up my current assignment. =)

OK, so here's the quick edit. I like the idea - however, in your photo, the big light source isn't quite strong enough, can see the edge of the light, which takes away some of the effect I think. Also the flare caused a green cast throughout the image (which lens btw ? the 70-200 ?). I made the light stronger and produce a stronger flare in the edit, while removing the green cast from the whole image and only the flare spots are green. Also, perhaps I would have preferred the whole strip to be lighted, rather than just the top section, but maybe difficult with one light - though I do remember seeing an example on the net where someone showed how to do a strip light with just one light, hmmm have to find it again.

Anyway, to the edit. Excuse the posterisation, caused by editing your small jpeg.

Quote Originally Posted by gooseberry View Post
    OK, so here's the quick edit. I like the idea - however, in your photo, the big light source isn't quite strong enough, can see the edge of the light, which takes away some of the effect I think. Also the flare caused a green cast throughout the image (which lens btw ? the 70-200 ?). I made the light stronger and produce a stronger flare in the edit, while removing the green cast from the whole image and only the flare spots are green. Also, perhaps I would have preferred the whole strip to be lighted, rather than just the top section, but maybe difficult with one light - though I do remember seeing an example on the net where someone showed how to do a strip light with just one light, hmmm have to find it again.

Anyway, to the edit. Excuse the posterisation, caused by editing your small jpeg.

thanks!

had a bit of time...

maybe next time you can try a strip light that covers from top to bottom of the gap or use 2 lights so the whole strip btw the gap is lit

ok, back to topic of white balance.

i notice some of my pics really had the green cast.but seriously, i couldnt tell whether it's flare, or wrong wb.let me get those pics sorted and i'll share.

white balance... white is white lol

Quote Originally Posted by jacquesvile View Post
    white balance... white is white lol
    nothing to contribute?stay out my thread.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345