Thread: Barb-ed

Default Barb-ed

Barbed wire at Tuol Sleng Prison, Phnom Penh, Cambodia where the notorious S-11 under the Pol Pot regime interrogated and tortured lots of their innocent countrymen.

The barbed wire which surrounded the entire building was to prevent prisoners from flinging themselves off the corridors in desperation. I dunno whether this pic translates enough gloom and doom for people who have not visited this really sad place...
    Last edited by flyingmuffyn; 2nd April 2007 at 02:07 AM.

Default Re: Barb-ed

izzit abandoned? would be better if there were silhouettes or shadows of people behind the barbed wire.

Can increase the depth of view a bit more would be better for the effect!

Nice idea!
    Dun blame the camera...blame the one behind the viewfinder :bsmilie:
    My Flickr..pls leave comments!

flyingmuffyn, since your last picture post in Critique Corner was barely 4 days ago http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=268946 , this is a violation of posting guidelines.

thread moved to Abstracts and Still Life

Quote Originally Posted by faultymailbox View Post
    izzit abandoned? would be better if there were silhouettes or shadows of people behind the barbed wire.
    its not abandoned. the Tuol Sleng prison was an old school converted to a torture centre and at present exists as a museum...it left a deep impression on me and i am afraid if u haven been there, its juz a picture of barbed wire to you...but its a veri sad place lah...

re : your suggestion abt sillouhettes and people, will it spoil the sense of isolation u reckon?

Quote Originally Posted by tkbonz View Post
    Can increase the depth of view a bit more would be better for the effect!

Nice idea!
    thks! i tried to focus on juz a few barbs for effect

Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post
    flyingmuffyn, since your last picture post in Critique Corner was barely 4 days ago http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=268946 , this is a violation of posting guidelines.

thread moved to Abstracts and Still Life
    sor-ree

not suggesting a riot in there but if u got a coupla shadows, shoulders slumped, slinking around i think would translate into more doom and gloom.

Quote Originally Posted by faultymailbox View Post
    not suggesting a riot in there but if u got a coupla shadows, shoulders slumped, slinking around i think would translate into more doom and gloom.
    okie sort of get wat u mean....