Thread: problems with taking pics of high contrast

Default problems with taking pics of high contrast

i will clarify on my problem abit more here.

i had this great view of the full moon surrounded by very nicely arranged clouds last night so i took out my d70s trying to capture the moment. unfortunately the shots turned out bad, either the moon was overexposed (can only view on cam's lcd) with the clouds looking ok OR moon looking ok and the clouds reduced to a scant few.

i tried, spot, centre and matrix metering but the effects were the same. settings, were at iso 800 or 1600, f4.5, 1/25-1/40s.

sorry i cant upload a pic here as the coms here do not have a working usb port.

thanks..
    [QUOTE=dan_1337;2947523]if it was painted white, it would cost twice as much as Sigma =P[QUOTE]

Default Re: problems with taking pics of high contrast

search HDR...

Quote Originally Posted by Murcielago View Post
    i will clarify on my problem abit more here.

i had this great view of the full moon surrounded by very nicely arranged clouds last night so i took out my d70s trying to capture the moment. unfortunately the shots turned out bad, either the moon was overexposed (can only view on cam's lcd) with the clouds looking ok OR moon looking ok and the clouds reduced to a scant few.

i tried, spot, centre and matrix metering but the effects were the same. settings, were at iso 800 or 1600, f4.5, 1/25-1/40s.

sorry i cant upload a pic here as the coms here do not have a working usb port.

thanks..
    i think you might need to take 2 seperate photos and photo merge them to a HDR bro.