Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Canon MK III Machine gun.

Default Canon MK III Machine gun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8h2AMllP0Y

Canon EOS-1D Mark III digital SLR firing off 10 frames per second. It's able to fire a string of 110 frames at a time in its default large jpeg frame size at level 8 compression. Canon's Chuck Westfall, Director of Media and Customer Relationship of the Consumer Imaging Group, shows us what this hot high-end DSLR can do.

OMG!

Default Re: Canon MK III Machine gun.

will that give you 10 keeper quality photographs per second?

quit the equipment worshipping and get down to doing the real thing yah?

Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post

sry i just thought that short clip was quite cool

I only need 1 frame per 15 minutes.

i took 36 frames in 2 days....

I got framed....... I didn't take the shot
    Time, is an effortless construction :)

Quote Originally Posted by glennyong View Post
    i took 36 frames in 2 days....
    Your model stood there 2 days for you to slowly shoot?

Was she still breathing?

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post

Was she still breathing?
    "Your model looks dead."

"Your model looks tired."

Great news for Sports Shooters and Photojournalists....
    I like the evil laughter after that.... hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post

From Amateur Photography, by Kaz Diller

I once heard a story, apocryphal I presume, about a photography teacher who divided his class into two groups. Both groups undertook the same course work and they were given the same project - namely, to produce some monochrome prints. However, he told the students in the first group that their grades would be based on a single piece of work, while the grades for those in the second groups would be solely based on the amount of work they produced - literally, its weight.

The students in the first group worked to produce a single print. They sought to make it perfect. They wanted to use the finest camera. They agonised over whether this should be a film or digital model. They compared camera specifications. They read all the available reviews from magazines. If they were to choose the traditional route, they then had to decide which film to use, what speed would be best and which had the finest resolution. Then came the problem of which developer to use. Here again, was a vast amount of literature advocating various approaches. Then there was the decision about what photographic paper would be best: surely fibre-based would be better than resin-coated, but what make, what surface texture?

And then there was the whole developer and processing thing to consider all over again. Archival processing would surely improve the end product and make the work perfect. On the other hand, perhaps they should have gone down the digital route. Here again, camera specifications come to the fore with sensor types, file formats and compression ratios. What computer to choose, what software? What printer, what paper and what ink set? Would uncertainty about permanence prove a disadvantage?

The questions kept on coming. Each question needed more research and each answer suggested a different approach that in turn gave rise to more questions and more research - and time was marching on. Having agonised about the perfect equipment and technique, there was so little time left to produce the perfect print on which the grade would be based. They ended up producing an average piece of work and they received an average grade.

In the second group, striving for perfection wasn't an issue. It was quantity that mattered. So the students started producing work - lots of it. They didn't dwell on cameras or materials or processes, they just got on with doing stuff. Their work got better and better, with larger quantity came better quality. In fact the quality of the work began to surpass that of the first group. At the end of the term, it far exceeded that of the students in the first group. Therefore, not only did they get a high grade for the sheer quantity of output, but they also achieved a high grade for the quality of the work.

Like many others, I read equipment reviews. I keep up with emerging technology (well, kind of). The nerdy side of my character loves to wallow in comparative tests, performance graphs and resolution charts. I stive for better equipment and materials. I have, in theory, the perfect equipment. All this perfectionist behaviour is reminiscent of the first group of students. This perfectionism leads to procrastination and then in turn to stagnation. However, I already have everything I need to produce quality work - I just need to get on with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zplus View Post
    Great news for Sports Shooters and Photojournalists....
    I like the evil laughter after that.... hahaha
    i think if we see those olympics or something, u might mistake either the whole group of photographer having diarrhoea, or they are clapping so fast u wonder how many hands they have...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

those sport photog's equipment are company owned. they dont care how many shots they fired, they only need to produce a few good shot. For hobbist like most of us, its an overkill.

I hardly uses my 8.5fps. out of the 10 shots only 1 or 2 can be used. I rather shoot frame per frame. oh BTW, i killed my flash with my high speed. (forgot to switch off my flash) Luckily its still under warranty.

just my 2 cent
    Last edited by DeSwitch; 1st April 2007 at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grand View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8h2AMllP0Y

Canon EOS-1D Mark III digital SLR firing off 10 frames per second. It's able to fire a string of 110 frames at a time in its default large jpeg frame size at level 8 compression. Canon's Chuck Westfall, Director of Media and Customer Relationship of the Consumer Imaging Group, shows us what this hot high-end DSLR can do.

OMG!
    Can shoot short video clips liao!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post

Was she still breathing?
    model stay at home.

i go over-straits.

Quote Originally Posted by DeSwitch View Post
    those sport photog's equipment are company owned. they dont care how many shots they fired, they only need to produce a few good shot. For hobbist like most of us, its an overkill.

I hardly uses my 8.5fps. out of the 10 shots only 1 or 2 can be used. I rather shoot frame per frame. oh BTW, i killed my flash with my high speed. (forgot to switch off my flash) Luckily its still under warranty.

just my 2 cent
    Yup, precisely. Its targetted at sports and photojournalist and hobbyist with some money in the pocket. For these photogs, they usually use natural light and fast lens, so flash is not used.

Anyway, its not that expensive compared to previous releases of 1Ds. But we always see whiners who says they don't need XX or YY features whenever a new camera is released.

Fo me, I am always happy to see new features at lower prices.... all these means that the rest of the DSLR prices will drop further and the features would flow down to the rest of the DSLR family. I believe its using dual digic III processors? SO its like dual core? I guess quad core is next....

i don't need a camera, why can't they just come out with a brain implant...
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

get a videocam, 1/10th of the price and can shoot 30fps...

i don't need 30fps. i dont' need 1/10th the price.. i just need something to download pics from my brain.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

get tat machine gun, mount a big lens and a big flash, girls will look at u...
    Don't cry because its over,:)Smile because it happened.
    items for sale

Quote Originally Posted by Zplus View Post
    Yup, precisely. Its targetted at sports and photojournalist and hobbyist with some money in the pocket. For these photogs, they usually use natural light and fast lens, so flash is not used.

Anyway, its not that expensive compared to previous releases of 1Ds. But we always see whiners who says they don't need XX or YY features whenever a new camera is released.

Fo me, I am always happy to see new features at lower prices.... all these means that the rest of the DSLR prices will drop further and the features would flow down to the rest of the DSLR family. I believe its using dual digic III processors? SO its like dual core? I guess quad core is next....
    how true!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast