Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Little Job

Default Re: Little Job

Wow there are a lot of positive feedback to it. I truly appreciate it. Along the way i pick up the good and bad, ya tough time do comes. Is all about experiences am going through right now. Got to endure and excel.

Anyway i got my website desginer to do something about the loading speed again. It should be much much better now. You guys dun mind check it out again. www.newlife-photography.com Thanks a million!!

Frankly, still take too long to load for portfolio. Target for 10 seconds loading time.

Since you're relatively free due to lack of jobs, you can probably devote some time to learning web design too? Cut some of your overhead cost from unnecessary things like hiring a web designer(?), especially in lean times.

A very effective website does not equate to tons of effects or flash. Follow the K.I.S.S. rule

Your site takes waayyy too long to load. I'm already on a high speed internet access and I get impatient. maybe you might want to try hosting with a server that provides higher speed access? I think it would make a big difference to your business.

ditto here with speed of upload... that's why I still prefer html sites cause they generally load much faster...

also, while your images are competent, you will also need images that are more creatively different, that gives people an idea of what your style and preferences are... the stuff that sets you apart from other photographers, and why clients should hire you instead of someone else... competing on pricing alone is not very healthy on your bottom line in the long run...

Quote Originally Posted by theRBK View Post
    while your images are competent, you will also need images that are more creatively different, that gives people an idea of what your style and preferences are... the stuff that sets you apart from other photographers, and why clients should hire you instead of someone else... competing on pricing alone is not very healthy on your bottom line in the long run...

Appreciate your advice, this is really good that you bring it out. I will work on that.

the loading still seem slow to me, while loading, may be should show interesting/pleasing photo/text instead of letting potential customer stare at loading bar only. Should show more portfolio on wedding instead of one couple only.
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

hey Rickygck, if you are inteested, I am having a "Profit from Passion" seminar on the 18th of April to handle the overflow of attendees from the earlier workshop.

In the workshop, we will be working on establishing a business plan for a profitable wedding photography business. Let me know if you're interested in signing up for the 18th of April workshop. I think you would find it very useful. Workshop fees is $150

Hi Ricky,

I agree with zcf.
    Should at least have 1 pic while waiting for the rest to load. I too dun like to stare at loading bars for too long.

In anycase, I'm glad that's theres so many helpful comments and suggestions from fellow CSers here.

Good luck bro!

I have loaded ur website quite fast, but can be improved further, as staring into nothing at beginning.

Also, ur photos are good, standard, nothing to fear. But since nothing to fear, i see as nothing great for client POV to choose u either, getting u to shoot i see as getting safe shots, u know what i mean?

Quote Originally Posted by smurfman View Post
    I have loaded ur website quite fast, but can be improved further, as staring into nothing at beginning.

Also, ur photos are good, standard, nothing to fear. But since nothing to fear, i see as nothing great for client POV to choose u either, getting u to shoot i see as getting safe shots, u know what i mean?
    Yeap i get what you mean. Got some new images coming up for portraits, those are something new from what i usually did in the past. Thank you for the advice.

A few personnal points which you may want to consider:

1) The transition of images between the time you click onit and till it's fully opened takes about 4 secs. this is too long in my opinion. You may want to consider cutting it down to about 2 secs.

2) Know your client base or at least decied who you're gunning for mostly. Are you going for wedding couples, makeovers, coperate clients, etc. Be more selective in your choice of images.

3) Remember that there are woman looking at your website as well, not many like images of sexy bikini babes. If you want to show makeover, portraits, or even bikini models, make sure that it an image done either artistically, professionally or have some commercial feel to it.

This is how I feel as well as some friends who have seen your site. Personnal opinions which you may want to consider or disagreed.

Cheers.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

Blog Entries

better to spend your time networking instead of doing web design

pay someone who knows web to do it for you
    spend your time getting jobs and earning money

sitting in front of your computer will not get the jobs coming in. be proactive
    go out and meet more ppl.

look like a pro
    dress like a pro
    talk like a pro
    walk like a pro

be a pro

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post

look like a pro
    dress like a pro
    talk like a pro
    walk like a pro

be a pro
    Indeed, the art of professionalism.

look like a pro
    dress like a pro
    talk like a pro
    walk like a pro

be a pro
    ya, he is rite... till Ortega's thread, it seems like some IT talk here instead of the appropriate business talk...

First, let me salute you for the guts to venture into the photography business... its not easy to start any form business, it take courage, confident, networking and perseverance to make it a success...

In my opinion, dun start spending uneccessary even before getting income from your business. That's a golden rule... so even if the business failed, u will not suffer badly too...

Contacts and networking is very important in all form of business... spend more time in that.... All the best to u...

With solid contacts and networking... u can even throw that web site away... cause word of mouth is the most powerful tools of marketing!!!

look like a pro
    dress like a pro
    talk like a pro
    walk like a pro

be a pro
    Yes Sir!

look like a pro
    dress like a pro
    talk like a pro
    walk like a pro

this is GOOD man!

wonder how a pro looks like
    how a pro talks? .... how a pro walks .... how a pro dresses? ... ponytail? ....
    always the Light, .... always.

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    look like a pro
    dress like a pro
    talk like a pro
    walk like a pro

this is GOOD man!

wonder how a pro looks like
    how a pro talks? .... how a pro walks .... how a pro dresses? ... ponytail? ....
    buy coffee for ortega to find out lor.
    I cut ponytail away many years ago, too much hair loss.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    buy coffee for ortega to find out lor.
    I cut ponytail away many years ago, too much hair loss.
    I still you look better with the ponytail, maybe can try a wig
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast