click on the wounded marine picture to enlarge the pic so that u can see it larger....
how did he achieve the selective focusing?
*he's a trad b&w photographer who uses alot of scala*
1) darkroom DI ? (which if u've watched WAR PHOTOGRAPHER ... movie about him....its not as intensive as some dudes on CS!)
2) prime lenses? (but perspective is quite wide at such a distance... which prime wide is this wide which allows this near?)
3) manual focus? (seems like it....but have to be super fast and super accurate......)
4) zoom lens at super large aperture? (zoom lens at the widest perspective...but so far at f2.8 for good zooms, i don't seem to be able to achieve this "selective focussing" effect......)
5) call James to find out ..... (and prolly pay shitloads to attend basics of photography again)
6) ask CSers for help....... (they are always helpful.... )