Thread: insurance for photo equip

Default insurance for photo equip

Hi...
    Is there any insurance service for photo equipment in singapore?

Question

I gonna to have a half month trip. Quite interested in this issue!! Is there any One-time insurance service in Singapore? Is it possible to only make a insurance on my photo gears during the trip?

Default Re: insurance for photo equip

Originally posted by romeobravo
    Hi...
    Is there any insurance service for photo equipment in singapore?
    Try this:http://www.income.com.sg/insurance/mobilequip/

ai yah, rather recommend AIA Home Care plan
    http://www.aia.com.sg/Content.asp?Di...ca_articleid=1

NTUC conditions states that only equipment ard 6mths can cover + include proof of receipt

It covers not only cameras, video, PC, audio, it also includes furniture, electrical appliances etc, as good as covers anything in the hse-whether damaged by burlgary or fire

for cameras-no condition, all can be covered regardless of purchase

+ got free accidental death coverage, personal liability claim, medical reimbursement etc

premium is also more affordable and attractive

er but me not selling policy hah
    can recommend AIA friend if interested.

Originally posted by xmen1977
    ai yah, rather recommend AIA Home Care plan
    http://www.aia.com.sg/Content.asp?Di...ca_articleid=1

NTUC conditions states that only equipment ard 6mths can cover + include proof of receipt

It covers not only cameras, video, PC, audio, it also includes furniture, electrical appliances etc, as good as covers anything in the hse-whether damaged by burlgary or fire

for cameras-no condition, all can be covered regardless of purchase

+ got free accidental death coverage, personal liability claim, medical reimbursement etc

premium is also more affordable and attractive

er but me not selling policy hah
    can recommend AIA friend if interested.

HI xmen1977 this policy is AIA HomeCare and are mend for your home. Not for your camera while you use overseas or locally for photo shooting.

Do you think if I lost my camera outside my home can be protected by this policy.

Cheers.

yes, what I mean is insurace to cover my photo equipment.
    Whether it's stolen, accidentally broken, etc.
    In that case, I can just kiss the warranty card goodbye,
    and no worry carrying expensive piece of equipment for travelling.

I think the premium will kill.

Originally posted by romeobravo
    yes, what I mean is insurace to cover my photo equipment.
    Whether it's stolen, accidentally broken, etc.
    In that case, I can just kiss the warranty card goodbye,
    and no worry carrying expensive piece of equipment for travelling.

Im not sure about home insurance policies in singapore, but when i was abroad, my overseas home insurance policy covered an accident during a snowboarding session there. They paid for my ski rescue, hospitalisation charges for treating broken arm. I was told by the doctor that i could claim them from my house insurance company. And i actually bought the insurance against Fire damage, i didnt noe it includes everything in the house, including occupants. so maybe you can call AIA to check.. they have weird clauses.. these insurance companies.

If u wanna cover your camera equipment for any trips. U might wanna consider using insurance policies from Liberty Citystate. I have covered all my cameras from them ever since 1999. So far, I have covered up 10K with no problems. The premium depends on the coverage, duration and location. Be prepared to pay around 100 bucks for 14 day trip in Europe for around 5K of equipment. So far, I think their terms and conditions matches your requirements.

Anyway, u can always ask for a quotation from my agent, Ailing. U need to get ready any proof of purchase if available.....and provide the make, model and serial number for evaluation. Lastly, just mention that u are my friend when u contact Ailing

ailing.soo@united-team.com

Hope this will be of help to u

Cheers

Tuck Loong

Originally posted by suhaimig
    HI xmen1977 this policy is AIA HomeCare and are mend for your home. Not for your camera while you use overseas or locally for photo shooting.

Do you think if I lost my camera outside my home can be protected by this policy.

Cheers.

not sure abt lost
    but if ur camera been robbed or stolen outside, it'll be covered.

at least no need to get so many policies just to cover ur home and the camera stuff...