Thread: Photography spots in HK

Default Photography spots in HK

Hey guys, I'll be heading to HK in May and I'm just asking in advance for locations in HK that are more "photogenic". I actually want to do a little landscape as well, not sure if HK still have such locations. Any advice is appreciated
    If you understand my works, it's photography. If you don't, it's art.
    SplutterPhotography|flickr

Default Re: Photography spots in HK

The common ones are The Peak, but nowadys HK so hazy due to pollution will the landscape pic turn out nice?

Victorial Peak, Tsim Sha Tsui Harbour area, the new Conventional Centre @ HK island, the outer islands like Lautau Island, Cheung Chau, etc.

Stanley Street/Lam Kwai Fong area near Central, old eletric trams, etc.

Think there's also various parks and national reserves around, but will need some locals to enlighten the locations.

try the theme streets that they have, good for street shooting.

If time permits, go to HK Visitor Centre, get yourself a "Hong Kong Walks Handbook"... (couldn't remember the exact title)

There are many routes/trails which are quite scenic (Sai Kung -- it you have a whole day or Shek O if you have less time; amongst others) and that would take care of your landscape/seascape photography...

but like what has been said above, the air quality is quite bad now; something like the equivalent of our PSI 100++

Regards,
    yy

Quote Originally Posted by Splutter View Post
    Hey guys, I'll be heading to HK in May and I'm just asking in advance for locations in HK that are more "photogenic". I actually want to do a little landscape as well, not sure if HK still have such locations. Any advice is appreciated

the air quality there so bad. was there last night.
    instead of landscape, you might wanna try shooting street scenes.. grab some pics of the babes...

Whoa, thanks for the fast replies guys. Definitely hope that the weather will improve by then, though its not likely
    If you understand my works, it's photography. If you don't, it's art.
    SplutterPhotography|flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Splutter View Post
    Whoa, thanks for the fast replies guys. Definitely hope that the weather will improve by then, though its not likely
    Head to Tai-O if you are going to Lantau.. they still have some fishing 'villages' there. The sunset is also quite good there.

Walk around New Territories, shoots will be unique compared to the typical TST and Hong Kong Island. Beware of "gu huo tsai" (ah bengs) though.

peak depends largely on luck, esp with the air pollution and the rain/fog factor

can try lantau island, clear water bay, chang zhou and lamma island.
    nice areas, but be prepared for long hikes.