Thread: How To Prevent Condensation On My Camera!

Default How To Prevent Condensation On My Camera!

Tips Needed!

Ill Be Going To Genting For A Short Trip And I Wanna Take Some Outdoor Photos If The Weather Permits...

But The Prob. I Guess Is Condensation On The Camera, When I Go Up And Down Genting And Also Indoor Outdoor, And The Super Wetness Of The Area.

Any Tips For Me Or Any Must Dos?

Default Re: How To Prevent Condensation On My Camera!

When you go from a warm place to a cold place, there is little issues usually (unless it is already raining). So you can go ahead and take your pictures.

When you go from a cold place, make sure you keep your camera inside your bag (or put inside a plastic bag) and allow the camera to warm up. When it is sufficiently warm, you can take it out and continue.

Little condensation is OK.

I believe all camera had been tested in the humidity chamber with more extreme humidity
    (normally up to 85%RH) cycle for min 5 days (depend on the brand and product)
    so don't worry.

Quote Originally Posted by kitty2 View Post

I believe all camera had been tested in the humidity chamber with more extreme humidity
    so don't worry.
    ohh.. ok thank kue you

Watch out for the rain and mist though, both of which may cause lots of moisture to enter your equipment.

I would suggest either:

a) buying a ziplock bag and cutting holes at the appropriate places to put over the camera; or
    b) buy a rain cover.

I know AP, Cathay in Peninsula and John 3:16 are all out of stock. I got my last packet of rain covers from Cathay in Marina Sqaure. They are quite cheap - about $5-$10 each for the plastic type.

Quote Originally Posted by posez View Post
    Watch out for the rain and mist though, both of which may cause lots of moisture to enter your equipment.

I would suggest either:

a) buying a ziplock bag and cutting holes at the appropriate places to put over the camera; or
    b) buy a rain cover.

I know AP, Cathay in Peninsula and John 3:16 are all out of stock. I got my last packet of rain covers from Cathay in Marina Sqaure. They are quite cheap - about $5-$10 each for the plastic type.
    yea.. agree on the ziplock n rain cover.. 1 more tip is put your gear under table lamp if any to dry away the moisture after returnin to your room..

Y does hotels not provide dry cabinet when they provide fridge? should hotels provide that?or put silica gel there like those teabags provided for pp, to use....?

Quote Originally Posted by happyepower View Post
    Y does hotels not provide dry cabinet when they provide fridge? should hotels provide that?or put silica gel there like those teabags provided for pp, to use....?
    Ya, they should. So I can enjoy my extra dry Asahi.......
    Last edited by Kit; 29th March 2007 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    Ya, they should. So I can enjoy my extra dry Asahi.......
    haha..

hmm...the weather there isn't that cold, but the only issue is the humidity and water vapour from the clouds. Anyway, enjoy your trip!

P.S The bat runs out fast in cold weather, so get prepared to bring xtras!

I would suggest either:

b) buy a rain cover.

ugly or not? got pic?
    PM me if U Want Asst Wedding Photographer
    http://totoro17.multiply.com http://chinhaven.tripod.com

Quote Originally Posted by kitty2 View Post

so don't worry.
    Haha, just last night I was looking up weather reports and the RH was 95%

Quote Originally Posted by totoro17 View Post
    ugly or not? got pic?
    Pic of the rain cover or the ziplock bag?

Both are ugly lah - but they are functional, and cheap. And you will not use it unless the weather is very bad

Pic of the rain cover or the ziplock bag?

Both are ugly lah - but they are functional, and cheap. And you will not use it unless the weather is very bad
    maybe put some hello kitty stickers or transformers stickers to deco lor.. hehe..