Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: F1 track in Singapore?

Default Re: F1 track in Singapore?

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    Most likely, it will be the area just after the ferries wheel and before the durian building stretch. MS area.
    For a moment, I thought MS = Michael Schumacher..

Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    havent been noticing that...is it the one with a blade in front one?
    This is the one la. Comes in many config but SAF's is older and all are the same, the longer wheelbase version soft top.

http://www.landrover.co.uk/gb/en/Veh...k__Thumbnail_4

Quote Originally Posted by lsisaxon View Post
    Marina Square! But Michael Schumacher will be at the German race this season to do a lap of honour
    Last edited by afbug; 29th March 2007 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    This is the one la. Comes in many config but SAF's is older and all are the same, the longer wheelbase version soft top.

http://www.landrover.co.uk/gb/en/Veh...k__Thumbnail_4
    ic ic.4 a moment i tot saf using the landrover supercharge V8.
    OMG.

Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz View Post
    If the road is not close for testing its just not worth shooting this..sekali when he pass by then kena block by a SBS bus or something..worse of all sekali the duck tours thinggy overtake him..
    *pictures duck tours vehicle .. drop gear .... zoooms past the 911 GT3 * - 0wn3d

Quote Originally Posted by lsisaxon View Post
    I hope they build a Michael Schumacher stand for us Schumi fans
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt....

http://www.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlin...29093049.shtml

Amid reports that Valencia has signed a deal for a Mediterranean Grand Prix in 2009, it is now expected that Singapore could as early as Friday formally announce its inclusion on the formula one calendar of next year.

On Thursday, the authoritative local newspaper Straits Times said the contract could be unveiled later this week, as Mark Webber prepares to jet into the Asian city-state to test drive the proposed layout for the street circuit.

The announcement could, however, be delayed until next week, the newspaper added.

The inaugural Singapore Grand Prix, likely to take place either in April or August next season, is to be the first confirmed night-time race for the sport, but nearby events in Melbourne and Malaysia are tipped to also take place under floodlights in 2008.

An unnamed source close to the Singapore negotiations told the publication: "There are just a few loose ends left in the deal to tie up."

Source GMM
    CAPSIS International

The pitstop can't be around the Marina Square area. The permanent stands for the National Day parade are facing the other way (into the waterfront). There's no place to build a pitlane anymore.

My guess is that the pitlane would either be one direction of the Esplanade bridge or by the side of the Padang.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt....

Default Green light for S'pore F1 race?

Quote Originally Posted by asterixsg View Post
    The pitstop can't be around the Marina Square area. The permanent stands for the National Day parade are facing the other way (into the waterfront). There's no place to build a pitlane anymore.

My guess is that the pitlane would either be one direction of the Esplanade bridge or by the side of the Padang.
    News Update in Today.
    http://www.todayonline.com/articles/182184.asp

Although I like to watch F1 but I think F1 in our own backyard is a no no. They should try out other racing before going into F1(F3 or lower). Especially with so many tight corner, over taking are very risky and might result in some serious damage. Furthermore during the night, so dangerous too. Although it will bring in a lot of money, but will we benefit? (Lower tax, more rebates etc..???) Therefore, I think they need to plan it wisely before implement it else I forsee more problems.....

Member/Tangshooter

Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    Although I like to watch F1 but I think F1 in our own backyard is a no no. They should try out other racing before going into F1(F3 or lower). Especially with so many tight corner, over taking are very risky and might result in some serious damage. Furthermore during the night, so dangerous too. Although it will bring in a lot of money, but will we benefit? (Lower tax, more rebates etc..???) Therefore, I think they need to plan it wisely before implement it else I forsee more problems.....
    A straight road race without overtaking and accidents is not a race..
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    They might run A1GP also since we have a team.

Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz View Post
    A straight road race without overtaking and accidents is not a race..
    Some of the cornering too sharp, in my own view. Drift might be able to handle it be for a F1,

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123