Thread: Using canon 30D for rugby match

Default Using canon 30D for rugby match

A kind friend lent me his Canon 30D to shoot during a rugby match. Appreciate all tips, settings and suggestions on how to capture the action.

Default Re: Using canon 30D for rugby match

What equipment do u have with u? like which lens, tripod/monopod, other accessories...
    Canon EOS 30D w/ grip 580EX, Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8, EF-S 10-22mm
    :bsmilie:

Quote Originally Posted by socrates View Post
    A kind friend lent me his Canon 30D to shoot during a rugby match. Appreciate all tips, settings and suggestions on how to capture the action.
    where is this match?

what lens you using?

Quote Originally Posted by socrates View Post
    you dunno how to shoot or what?

whether Av, Tv or manual, as long as you get an appropriate aperture and shutter speed range then it will be fine. most people will tell you you need stuff like 1/125 s and faster to freeze action. or they will say, anticipate the action, use high fps, etc.

for lenses, use things like 70-200L and/or 100-400L lens for quick framing of the fast action. primes (300mm, 400mm) can also be used. all up to u to deploy your perspective and framing

i believe u nid all the fast lens, tripod if u cannot roam around..... higher shutter speeds cos they run fast....