Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 76

Thread: Home Theatre Set up for a HDB living room

  1. #21

    Default Re: Home Theatre Set up for a HDB living room

    Quote Originally Posted by zcf View Post
    Will try not to kena extra BBB Virus

    So bro, you actually safe more money on photography then spending on HiFi?
    equally bad
    头可断,血可流,倩女不可不追求 carpe diem,when in doubt, hoot first,apologise later:p GALLERY

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default Re: Home Theatre Set up for a HDB living room

    Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL View Post
    You have your listening taste. Others have theirs. Go with your own feeling and bring your favourite DVDs to test.

    I'll recommend Pioneer/ yamaha / denon. The rest... i won't touch. Seriously.



    Please don't bother with BOSE. I listen to my uncle's $8K bose, i wanted to laugh.
    Heck, it can't even handle stereo well.

    Please don't bother with computer speaker systems...
    i think he didn't have his system tuned properly. some ppl like to turnt he mids and bass up so high and play the highs down to get the 'boom boom' effect.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default Re: Home Theatre Set up for a HDB living room

    Quote Originally Posted by eow View Post
    .....$1500 is just the appetiser.....some subwoofer, centre speaker already cost more than that
    i got an active sub at home and it costs $900 liao.. ever since my HDB upgrading renovation, i haven't hooked my system back. now only have 1 amp, 2 speakers.. all the surround, sub and what not under the living room sofa collecting dust.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,652

    Default Re: Home Theatre Set up for a HDB living room

    Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay View Post
    i think he didn't have his system tuned properly. some ppl like to turnt he mids and bass up so high and play the highs down to get the 'boom boom' effect.
    Not sure ... but its not the "boom boom" effect. His was rather an "unlively" system. sounds too flat already ..he demoed a movie .. the explosions and effect were utterly - lack of a better word - disappointing.

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,652

    Default Re: Home Theatre Set up for a HDB living room

    Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay View Post
    i got an active sub at home and it costs $900 liao.. ever since my HDB upgrading renovation, i haven't hooked my system back. now only have 1 amp, 2 speakers.. all the surround, sub and what not under the living room sofa collecting dust.
    Don't remind me .. i just got poisoned by a demo @ the distributors for Earthquake subs

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default Re: Home Theatre Set up for a HDB living room

    Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL View Post
    Not sure ... but its not the "boom boom" effect. His was rather an "unlively" system. sounds too flat already ..he demoed a movie .. the explosions and effect were utterly - lack of a better word - disappointing.
    yah.. very likely to be poor speaker placement and incorrect tuning. come come ask him to invest in a set of RTA then you can borrow to tune your system also
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  7. #27

    Default Re: Home Theatre Set up for a HDB living room

    In january, i bought a samsung mosel f7 and they gave their home theatre system with surround sound, free. If you were to buy it, it would cost $899 i think. It's good and aestically pleasing too.

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    270 degree of Singapore
    Posts
    6,741

    Default Re: Home Theatre Set up for a HDB living room

    Just checked at Best Denki, all the amplifier with HDMI are so ex

    May be have to skip that or wait for price to drop .

  9. #29
    Senior Member afbug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Planet SG™
    Posts
    483

    Default Re: Home Theatre Set up for a HDB living room

    My sub alone already cost me $800 and its only a entry level model nia. Try REL Acoustics subs. Excellent! Can handle movies' rumbling bass and music's faster thumping bass.

  10. #30
    Senior Member Big Kahuna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    2,127

    Default Re: Home Theatre Set up for a HDB living room

    Bro, just go one round at KEC Sound system at Aldephi level one....you sure won't come out empty handed.....provided they are still around....they use to have website...but somehow I can't google

  11. #31

    Default Re: Home Theatre Set up for a HDB living room

    I have a yamaha YSP 800. to me when it come to movie it's good enuf for me, and IMO better than my last set up of marantz 4400 and 6 satelite speakers. it's surround is more immersive. however musical performance sux. :P

    But it really save me space, make my room real neat with no cables running aorund etc. And also less headach.

  12. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    270 degree of Singapore
    Posts
    6,741

    Default Re: Home Theatre Set up for a HDB living room

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    Bro, just go one round at KEC Sound system at Aldephi level one....you sure won't come out empty handed.....provided they are still around....they use to have website...but somehow I can't google
    I think I went there, but say S$1500 budget is too low for a proper set up, end up diverted to another shop

    The other shop recommend me:
    Onkyo
    Speakers: SKF 3600 (front), SKS 3600 (centre + surround)
    Sub woofer: Rogers ASB-100
    Marantz SR3001
    Marantz DV-4600
    All for S$1380, but I don't know worth it or not

  13. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,652

    Default Re: Home Theatre Set up for a HDB living room

    Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    My sub alone already cost me $800 and its only a entry level model nia. Try REL Acoustics subs. Excellent! Can handle movies' rumbling bass and music's faster thumping bass.
    ... Don't start about subs ... I sense the SVS owners are lurking here...

    And yes i own a SVS ... just got poisoned by Earthquake's performance though

  14. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,652

    Default Re: Home Theatre Set up for a HDB living room

    Quote Originally Posted by gomobile View Post
    I have a yamaha YSP 800. to me when it come to movie it's good enuf for me, and IMO better than my last set up of marantz 4400 and 6 satelite speakers. it's surround is more immersive. however musical performance sux. :P

    But it really save me space, make my room real neat with no cables running aorund etc. And also less headach.
    Depends on each person's taste.

    I have a Yamaha AV amp for my living room setup and a Marantz 4300 (2nd hand) for my room .. hooked up to my PC. The marantz is very musical. That's why people buy it. The yamaha, is more suited towards movies as they use their own proprietary DSP chip - which is a cut above the rest.

  15. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,652

    Default Re: Home Theatre Set up for a HDB living room

    Quote Originally Posted by zcf View Post
    I think I went there, but say S$1500 budget is too low for a proper set up, end up diverted to another shop

    The other shop recommend me:
    Onkyo
    Speakers: SKF 3600 (front), SKS 3600 (centre + surround)
    Sub woofer: Rogers ASB-100
    Marantz SR3001
    Marantz DV-4600
    All for S$1380, but I don't know worth it or not
    Go 2nd hand ... if you know your equipment. I'm running 2nd hand components also.

    I'd advise not to buy the above mentioned system. The reason why people sell same brand/model speaker systems is due to timbre matching for main/centre/rear. You can really tell when a scene froma movie pans around you. 1 example would be the Klipsch quintet system.

  16. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    270 degree of Singapore
    Posts
    6,741

    Default Re: Home Theatre Set up for a HDB living room

    Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL View Post
    Go 2nd hand ... if you know your equipment. I'm running 2nd hand components also.

    I'd advise not to buy the above mentioned system. The reason why people sell same brand/model speaker systems is due to timbre matching for main/centre/rear. You can really tell when a scene froma movie pans around you. 1 example would be the Klipsch quintet system.
    The problem now I facing is I don't know the equipment (history/reputation etc, those need experience).

    So Bro if you spot any reasonable good set within my budget, please let me know. Much appreciated.

  17. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default Re: Home Theatre Set up for a HDB living room

    the more you know.. the deeper the poison
    just buy a pioneer setup and be contended with it
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  18. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    270 degree of Singapore
    Posts
    6,741

    Default Re: Home Theatre Set up for a HDB living room

    Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay View Post
    the more you know.. the deeper the poison
    just buy a pioneer setup and be contended with it
    Curiosity kill the cat

  19. #39

    Default Re: Home Theatre Set up for a HDB living room

    Am using Samsung N7 series LCD TV and with a matching sound system, samsung HT-XQ100 home-theatre-in-a-box. About $2300. Simple and sound good to me.

    The home theatre system is quite neat.. you can connect your ext harddisk to the usb port and view all your photos on the LCD TV as slide show without having to use a PC.
    "He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose."- Jim Elliot

  20. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,652

    Default Re: Home Theatre Set up for a HDB living room

    Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay View Post
    the more you know.. the deeper the poison
    just buy a pioneer setup and be contended with it
    ShHhhhhhh ....

    Quote Originally Posted by zcf View Post
    Curiosity kill the cat
    Seriously - go check out the pioneer / yamaha - HTiBs ... good enough. The more you know the more

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •