View Poll Results: Are you willing to invest on studio strobe if photography is only a hobby for you ?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • No point to invest

20 34.48%
  • Definately will get one

38 65.52%

Thread: How many of you willing to invest studio strobe just for hobby ?

Default How many of you willing to invest studio strobe just for hobby ?

How many of you willing to invest studio strobe just for hobby ? If you got extra money to spend. Is it worth to get it for long run rather than just rent studio every time ?

vince123123
    Guests

Default Re: How many of you willing to invest studio strobe just for hobby ?

A number of users here do. And perhaps the right word isn't "invest".
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonb View Post
    How many of you willing to invest studio strobe just for hobby ? If you got extra money to spend. Is it worth to get it for long run rather than just rent studio every time ?

if buy and keep using is ok.. if buy use for the moment of 'shiok' then throw one side. end up still sell away. That's what I feel...

How bout a ''Maybe will invest''?

Want to buy also no place to put, no model to shoot, therefore no point. Hur hur.

Quote Originally Posted by Denosha View Post
    Want to buy also no place to put, no model to shoot, therefore no point. Hur hur.
    Can buy and shoot self-portraits what.

Wor, I not as photogenic as you leh.

Thinking to get one, any good area in KL where I can get studio strobe with reasonable price ?

Quote Originally Posted by brandonb View Post
    Akira or Jinbei lor...

If I have extra cash, I'll get studio strobes.

If i shoot models den i will. I only shoot nature most of the time so I wont invest in one. and the word is not invest for hobby cos there is no returns.

The only light worth buying is the sun if you have a place to store it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    The only light worth buying is the sun if you have a place to store it.
    Hey, it's free, just let it there will do, life long warranty, maintenance free, best light for photographers.

Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

I will buy it... but second hand only... then when I am bored with it.... i sell it away.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    Hey, it's free, just let it there will do, life long warranty, maintenance free, best light for photographers.

One day it'll burn out though... And it'll takes at least 15 minutes before we realised it was burnt out.

Quote Originally Posted by josho View Post
    if buy and keep using is ok.. if buy use for the moment of 'shiok' then throw one side. end up still sell away. That's what I feel...
    i buy, throw 1 side, now piling in dust...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

I considered it, then someone pointed out that I might as well hire it, especially if I'm not going to use it often - just hire when I need to use - don't need to worry about storage and maintenance!

I've gone down the strobist route instead
    It is the camera, not the photographer.
    my flickr - adamloh.com