Thread: everybody using slide film?

Default everybody using slide film?

are most of u who are serious about this hobby using slide film?
    anyone using normal commercial colour negative film, eg. kodak gold, fuji superia?

i know slide provides better colours but do u all develope your slide film into colour prints after finishing a roll, and view them in an album like normal prints? or just mount them up?

i want to be able to view all my pics from an album conveniently, but would also want richer colours which i find that i am not getting from negative...

try using fuji Reala then...

Default Re: everybody using slide film?

Originally posted by EiRiK
    are most of u who are serious about this hobby using slide film?
    anyone using normal commercial colour negative film, eg. kodak gold, fuji superia?

i know slide provides better colours but do u all develope your slide film into colour prints after finishing a roll, and view them in an album like normal prints? or just mount them up?

i want to be able to view all my pics from an album conveniently, but would also want richer colours which i find that i am not getting from negative...
    i prefer EPP la... btw, normally i dun think tht anyone would print all the shots la... expensive leh.. keke... for me, i'll tell the lab to mount them up lor.. =)

whats EPP?
    if u mount your slides, how do u view them?
    sorry dude, as i know next to nothing about slides...

You'll have to get a light box to view the slides properly... Need a loupe too... It doesn't mean that you have to shoot on slide film to be a serious hobbist. It depends on your needs. Maybe you can try the non-consumer films that are more expensive than the consumer ones? The quality might be better...

how much does lightbox cost.

i once saw at ruby a hand-held one dont know if u know what im talking about it operates on AAA battery can see both slide and negative. any comments on that on its quality etc costs around $18

Originally posted by EiRiK
    whats EPP?
    if u mount your slides, how do u view them?
    sorry dude, as i know next to nothing about slides...
    EPP - Kodak Ektachrome 100 Plus
    v. high saturation. =)

just bought one lightbox from CP. Wanted to get the Cabin one, but out of stock. In the end, settled for this one (Microlight). Apparently the light is not as strong as the Cabin, based on some comments from others. But personally, I feel that it's good enough for me. Cost $36. Using a 10x Peak lupe to view my slides.

Lolz... Reala is a nice film, tried it out taking portrait shots of my gf, color super power.

Me also new to slides, but after taking few rolls, really hooked onto the saturated color-> VELVIA.. Nice color
    Provia also not bad.

My method is i scan them using film scanner at the highest resolution i can(for the minolta dimage scan dual II it is 31MB per Tiff files), then burn cd and develope them @ shops as digital print.

i'm hooked to Fuji Velvia and Provia 100F. Tried Sensia 400 before(looks a little grainy). Waiting to try Provia 400F.

Originally posted by mervlam
    Waiting to try Provia 400F.
    You won't regret it!

i'm hooked to Fuji Velvia and Provia 100F. Tried Sensia 400 before(looks a little grainy). Waiting to try Provia 400F.
    Would you like to try bulk film for 400F?

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...threadid=26196

Originally posted by cheechee
    Lolz... Reala is a nice film, tried it out taking portrait shots of my gf, color super power.

Me also new to slides, but after taking few rolls, really hooked onto the saturated color-> VELVIA.. Nice color
    Provia also not bad.

My method is i scan them using film scanner at the highest resolution i can(for the minolta dimage scan dual II it is 31MB per Tiff files), then burn cd and develope them @ shops as digital print.

Hi

How is the quality of the print? Won't it be poorer than print from slides?

min

Originally posted by Dagger
    Would you like to try bulk film for 400F?

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...threadid=26196
    not in the near near future. exams are coming. perhaps over my exams.

Originally posted by Minority
    Hi

How is the quality of the print? Won't it be poorer than print from slides?

min
    If u develope in lab from slides, they also scan it to digital and print it out, so a good investment on film scanner, will give u the same quality.

Cheers

not in the near near future. exams are coming. perhaps over my exams.
    OK, anytime. Good Luck!