Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 40 of 40

Thread: New Sigma 18-200mm OS or Nikon 18-200mm VR???

  1. #21
    Senior Member Big Kahuna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    2,127

    Default Re: New Sigma 18-200mm OS or Nikon 18-200mm VR???

    Sorry for OOP....This is real and I had a weird dream last night that out of no where I had a brand new Nikon AFS 70-200 VR3......eveytime when I press the shuttle, the lens will emit a small electric pulse that will numb my left arm.....in return it achives stabilization and all my shot was pin point sharp and rock stable Just sharing....hope it's workable
    Last edited by Big Kahuna; 29th March 2007 at 09:50 PM.

  2. #22

    Default Re: New Signam 18-200mm OS or Nikon 18-200mm VR???

    Quote Originally Posted by cheersjy View Post
    Probably there is copy to copy variation? I love mine and i dun find day and night difference in sharpness when compared to 50f1.8 (which is generally considered very sharp)

    ...or perhaps i am not a very picky person.
    you are not picky, thats why you find it suitable.

    its also up to one how we judge our lens, maybe cause i compare too much with the 17-55 ba.

    and i like constant aperature

  3. #23

    Default Re: New Sigma 18-200mm OS or Nikon 18-200mm VR???

    Go for Nikon. Original lense. Don't try to save that little $..
    Lol! Same here

  4. #24

    Default Re: New Sigma 18-200mm OS or Nikon 18-200mm VR???

    Quote Originally Posted by aq12345 View Post
    Lol! Same here
    Hi Guys, just bought the D80 kit yesterday evening at Lords, wow!!! this is really an incredible piece of machine.

    Have another question to ask. With the 18-135mm kit lens, should I get the cheap and good Nikon 50mm f/1.8 for prime and wait till I have enough bullets and get better glass in the future. Thanks.

  5. #25
    Member fv18m's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North of S'pore
    Posts
    410

    Default Re: New Sigma 18-200mm OS or Nikon 18-200mm VR???

    You can always get a 50mm f/1.8 (to play around with), else, just save and save, and save... Get the 17-35mm f/2.8 & a 70-200mm f/2.8 VR . The range in-between just use your kit lens to cover. Else, there's always the 28-70mm f2.8... Maybe just go walk-around more, snap more photos, and see where your interests lies... That way, can focus your attention & more importantly your finances in that direction...

    Cheers... Welcome to the family...

    Quote Originally Posted by tengcc View Post
    Hi Guys, just bought the D80 kit yesterday evening at Lords, wow!!! this is really an incredible piece of machine.

    Have another question to ask. With the 18-135mm kit lens, should I get the cheap and good Nikon 50mm f/1.8 for prime and wait till I have enough bullets and get better glass in the future. Thanks.
    The DIFFERENCE is not in the "Cue", it is in the SKILLS...

  6. #26
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: New Sigma 18-200mm OS or Nikon 18-200mm VR???

    Quote Originally Posted by tengcc View Post
    Hi Guys, just bought the D80 kit yesterday evening at Lords, wow!!! this is really an incredible piece of machine.

    Have another question to ask. With the 18-135mm kit lens, should I get the cheap and good Nikon 50mm f/1.8 for prime and wait till I have enough bullets and get better glass in the future. Thanks.
    Yeah, it's a nice piece which you can use for simple hand held low light shots and also reversing it for macro shots.

  7. #27

    Default Re: New Sigma 18-200mm OS or Nikon 18-200mm VR???

    Quote Originally Posted by fv18m View Post
    You can always get a 50mm f/1.8 (to play around with), else, just save and save, and save... Get the 17-35mm f/2.8 & a 70-200mm f/2.8 VR . The range in-between just use your kit lens to cover. Else, there's always the 28-70mm f2.8... Maybe just go walk-around more, snap more photos, and see where your interests lies... That way, can focus your attention & more importantly your finances in that direction...

    Cheers... Welcome to the family...

    Thanks and most probably, will get the cheap and good Nikon 50mm f/1.8 and try it first before deciding to get better glass in the future when more bullets are available.

    Cheers

  8. #28

    Default Re: New Sigma 18-200mm OS or Nikon 18-200mm VR???

    Quote Originally Posted by tengcc View Post
    Thanks and most probably, will get the cheap and good Nikon 50mm f/1.8 and try it first before deciding to get better glass in the future when more bullets are available.

    Cheers
    Welcome to the D80 club! Please do get the 50mm - you will find that a large majority of Nikon users around the world carry this around. It's quite a cult lens. It's really fast, great for indoors, family functions etc, fits into your camera bag / pocket quite nicely, much smaller and cheaper than the f/1.4 - some say sharper. Wonderful glass for the price.

  9. #29

    Default Re: New Sigma 18-200mm OS or Nikon 18-200mm VR???

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    Sorry for OOP....This is real and I had a weird dream last night that out of no where I had a brand new Nikon AFS 70-200 VR3......eveytime when I press the shuttle, the lens will emit a small electric pulse that will numb my left arm.....in return it achives stabilization and all my shot was pin point sharp and rock stable Just sharing....hope it's workable
    that one have to co-develop with OSIM, maybe can cure aching arms too

  10. #30

    Default Re: New Sigma 18-200mm OS or Nikon 18-200mm VR???

    Sorry to ask- a shop told me sigma lens coating is not lasting and nikon is know for their lens cannot compare in image quality, ture?
    Nikon D600 N35f2, N50f1.4, N24-120f4, Tokina 20-35f2.8, SB900,

  11. #31

    Default Re: New Sigma 18-200mm OS or Nikon 18-200mm VR???

    Quote Originally Posted by STTNP View Post
    Sorry to ask- a shop told me sigma lens coating is not lasting and nikon is know for their lens cannot compare in image quality, ture?
    Nikon cannot compare? Or others cannot compare to Nikon? Are you saying Nikon is too good or Nikon is lousy?

  12. #32

    Default Re: New Sigma 18-200mm OS or Nikon 18-200mm VR???

    Quote Originally Posted by scenar View Post
    that one have to co-develop with OSIM, maybe can cure aching arms too
    Electric pulse one is OTO not OSIM. Osim uses air pressure..

  13. #33

    Default Re: New Sigma 18-200mm OS or Nikon 18-200mm VR???

    Nikon is better lah
    Nikon D600 N35f2, N50f1.4, N24-120f4, Tokina 20-35f2.8, SB900,

  14. #34

    Default Re: New Sigma 18-200mm OS or Nikon 18-200mm VR???

    Quote Originally Posted by STTNP View Post
    Nikon is better lah
    Then that's true..

    In fact, I would put Nikon in the same league as Carl Zeiss and Leica with Olympus following behind.
    Last edited by lsisaxon; 2nd April 2007 at 09:26 PM.

  15. #35

    Default Re: New Sigma 18-200mm OS or Nikon 18-200mm VR???

    That's certainly true - that's part of the reason why Nikon can charge a premium and ppl will still buy.

  16. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Legion
    Posts
    7,751

    Default Re: New Sigma 18-200mm OS or Nikon 18-200mm VR???

    Quote Originally Posted by posez View Post
    That's certainly true - that's part of the reason why Nikon can charge a premium and ppl will still buy.
    without 3rd party, do you think the $1200-$1480(RRP?) nikon charge is called premium?

  17. #37

    Default Re: New Sigma 18-200mm OS or Nikon 18-200mm VR???

    Just a question...is the image quality good? Considering the fact that it has such a long range

  18. #38

    Default Re: New Sigma 18-200mm OS or Nikon 18-200mm VR???

    Quote Originally Posted by ExplorerZ View Post
    without 3rd party, do you think the $1200-$1480(RRP?) nikon charge is called premium?
    Compared to third party lenses lah...

  19. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    West
    Posts
    3,136

    Default Re: New Sigma 18-200mm OS or Nikon 18-200mm VR???

    The Sigma 18-200mm lens is quite a good lens. At certain focal lengths it outperforms the Nikon 18-200mm VR, but not by much too... Just a personal comparison.

  20. #40
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    In a not so green world!! :(
    Posts
    567

    Default Re: New Sigma 18-200mm OS or Nikon 18-200mm VR???

    Hi TS,

    Perhaps this review may help...it compares three identical specs products...Sigma, Tamron and Nikon(with VR) 18-200mm ...

    http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Si...mm/index.shtml

    Cheers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •