Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3678

Thread: How does traffic police snap speeders?

Default Re: How does traffic police snap speeders?

Yes, the speed cams are using radar to track the car speeds. When they were first installed the garment assured drivers that it would not harm our health.

Quote Originally Posted by Qingkai View Post
    I reckon speed cameras use radars? cheaper ? coz i do realise that on highway they literally turn the camera direction once in a while ( to catch west bound or east bound traffic) so would be more pratical if its a radar mounted inside won't it .... haha

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    btw, install a GPS unit, it will warn you all the red light cameras and an speed cameras.
    got this software for GPS?
    picture perfect

Quote Originally Posted by wheresmycheese View Post
    got this software for GPS?
    yes..
    eat. drink. shoot

Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar View Post
    yes..
    pss.. link...
    picture perfect

Quote Originally Posted by wheresmycheese View Post
    pss.. link...
    it comes with GPS software..
    eat. drink. shoot

vince123123
    Guests

Actually its no secret, GPS software will tell you where the permanent cams are. There's nothing illegal about this so there's no need to do this on the sly .

For GPS detection on speed camera, there is only so much this program can offer. There are mobile cameras installed on the run. If one depends on such, you can still get caught one fine day when the GPS says clear path ahead.

i used to rely alot on radar detectors last time (overseas), but in the end found them to be nuisance as interferences and counter tactics are deployed by the police cant be fool proof. So, if i do speed, i go on instinct and logical estimation (ie on curves and hill tops).

Best is not to speed excessively as the extra time cant bring one any faster. Its about driving skill sometimes to know which lane to switch to during a jam. A raging wrx, RX8 or an slk can lose to an 800cc panel van who knows his way better.

Quote Originally Posted by contaxable View Post
    For GPS detection on speed camera, there is only so much this program can offer. There are mobile cameras installed on the run. If one depends on such, you can still get caught one fine day when the GPS says clear path ahead.

i used to rely alot on radar detectors last time (overseas), but in the end found them to be nuisance as interferences and counter tactics are deployed by the police cant be fool proof. So, if i do speed, i go on instinct and logical estimation (ie on curves and hill tops).

Best is not to speed excessively as the extra time cant bring one any faster. Its about driving skill sometimes to know which lane to switch to during a jam. A raging wrx, RX8 or an slk can lose to an 800cc panel van who knows his way better.
    speaking of which, i notice merc like to speed alot.. that day i was doing 100 3-5 merc just passed me and 2 sec GONE!!!
    picture perfect

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3678