Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: How does traffic police snap speeders?

Default Re: How does traffic police snap speeders?

Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz View Post
    if i'm not wrong the lines is to detect whether a driver beats the red light..so crossing the 2 lines when the traffic light is red..then the camera will be fired off..

but for those expressway speed cameras..it employs a different kind of technology..because i never see lines on the expressway..
    yes there are.. not exactly at the cam but about 10-15m ahead. check the floor more carefully
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Check how this guy fooled the speed camera at Arizona, cool.

Source
    http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/index.php?sty=81277

Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay View Post
    yes there are.. not exactly at the cam but about 10-15m ahead. check the floor more carefully
    regarding the 2 sensor at the red light junction, it theory is simple. They need to know whether a car passed by the stop line.

using 1 sensor only:
    if a car touches the sensor (on) and reverses (off) it's the same if the car passes the sensor (on) and cross the line (sensor off). so using only 1 sensor isn't accurate. We can't really tell the diff if the car passed the red line or reversed off the sensor.

using 2 sensor:
    --> direction of travel,
    (sensor 1) (sensor 2) on road

when a car passes thru the sensors, they get activated in the following sequence, 1:On 2:On 1:Off 2:Off, once this combination is satisfied, it means a car has passed the stop line in the FORWARD direction. If a car stops over the sensors, and reverses, it registers as 1:On 2:On 2:Off 1:Off
    the speed is not calculated by the sensors on the road.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Quote Originally Posted by jeffhiew View Post
    Check how this guy fooled the speed camera at Arizona, cool.

Source
    http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/index.php?sty=81277
    well, you can change your car plate to "1".

let see what will happen.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

hmmz for expressway speed cameras... is it true that theres a 10km/h buffer? Say if the road speed limit is 90km/h, is it "safe" to travel at 90km/h ?

well..i a bit kiasi.. always drop to 70km/h when i pass the cte speed camera while i see the other cars speed by ... almost road-hogging liao.. haha

Quote Originally Posted by rOnGrEn View Post
    hmmz for expressway speed cameras... is it true that theres a 10km/h buffer? Say if the road speed limit is 90km/h, is it "safe" to travel at 90km/h ?

well..i a bit kiasi.. always drop to 70km/h when i pass the cte speed camera while i see the other cars speed by ... almost road-hogging liao.. haha
    Ha! you are one of those drivers that I always cursed at when I am behind them.

You will probably have a buffer with your speedo. Car speedo tends to overestimate your speed by 3-5km/h. I think the TP will not book you for doing 93km/h with speed limit of 90km/h.

I usually pass the cameras at 90-95km/h. (for 90km/h speed limit) So far, no tickets...

BC

Top Gear make a test to see at what speed the camera will be failure to shoot you.Speed is 180MPH or so you will be "ghost".Good radar detector is Valentie V1 according to radar detector user.

Member/Tangshooter

Quote Originally Posted by ndroo View Post
    It doesn't have to trigger because at 3km/h beating the red light, they let the cars from the other directions send your car to heaven liao
    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    yes, you will not detect by the camera, but you will hit by many other cars.

just tot maybe can try during midnight when there isn't any cars..its stupid to wait at traffic light for it to turn green during midnight when you are the only car around..

but i think yanyewkay has made a valid explaination on how the sensors work..
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

wow ... i thought the use some kind of radar like camera?

Quote Originally Posted by deckard View Post
    more like wayang show!!! cars see the stupid TP guy there, all kenna scared...
    Why he stupid? you know him meh? He just doing a job, why need to abuse him?
    "Photography is an austere and blazing poetry of the real" -Ansel Adams

I hope then you are not on the outermost lane. Travel at 70km/hr, can use inner lane...
    "Photography is an austere and blazing poetry of the real" -Ansel Adams

I think its more like +10km/h.. anyways like i said b4, i drove pass the one at NUS at over 100 but nothing happened mayb thats a decoy camera

Quote Originally Posted by blive View Post
    I hope then you are not on the outermost lane. Travel at 70km/hr, can use inner lane...
    haha..Scaglietti and blive.. .. i got change lane one la.. dont change also cannot.. the cars behind will stick too close and highbeam if i drive at 70 on outer lane...

Quote Originally Posted by Scaglietti View Post
    Ha! you are one of those drivers that I always cursed at when I am behind them.

You will probably have a buffer with your speedo. Car speedo tends to overestimate your speed by 3-5km/h. I think the TP will not book you for doing 93km/h with speed limit of 90km/h.

I usually pass the cameras at 90-95km/h. (for 90km/h speed limit) So far, no tickets...

BC
    Doppler radar also has a tolerance. So when they book you they will want to be sure that you are above the limits. I think the accuracy is +/- 5km/h. So I think they won't set the limit to exactly 90km/h. Think should have some allowance..

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Shotter View Post
    Top Gear make a test to see at what speed the camera will be failure to shoot you.Speed is 180MPH or so you will be "ghost".Good radar detector is Valentie V1 according to radar detector user.
    Here it is...

Beating the speed camera by Top Gear:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOx8A-TzHoQ&NR=1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnkp2sT8zkg&NR=1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ph-qv4gYAE8&NR=1

BC

so anyone want to risk @ 300km/h?

Quote Originally Posted by ExplorerZ View Post
    so anyone want to risk @ 300km/h?
    You need the $$$ to get a car that can do 300km/h first.

BC

Using LIDAR, or Light-Imaging Detection and Ranging. Basically it measures calculates speed by bouncing pulses of laser beams, then measuring the properties of the returned beam.

Quote Originally Posted by jkaiser View Post
    traffic light junction got 2 sensor lines. You cross 1st line, camera wun trigger yet. 2nd line, then they will flash twice. I think this is to make sure both frames show ur car in different positions, nail the fact that u're moving.

The flash in daytime cannot miss one... imagine 100 lightspheres ard u triggering off @ same time...

Just a question that I have been wondering...

Why riding a bicycle and beat the red light does not trigger the camera??

Quote Originally Posted by noob777 View Post
    Just a question that I have been wondering...

Why riding a bicycle and beat the red light does not trigger the camera??
    Not heavy enough. The lines in the ground work by pressure altering the electrical properties of a cable. When enough weight is on it, i.e a car, bus, or truck, it will alter the electrical properties enough that the sensor picks up the change. Lighter objects like people, dogs, cats, bicycles, they won't push down with enough force.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast