Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: How does traffic police snap speeders?

Default Re: How does traffic police snap speeders?

Quote Originally Posted by Razor54 View Post
    Why is that a shame?
    Why is it not?

Quote Originally Posted by jkaiser View Post
    traffic light junction got 2 sensor lines. You cross 1st line, camera wun trigger yet. 2nd line, then they will flash twice. I think this is to make sure both frames show ur car in different positions, nail the fact that u're moving.

The flash in daytime cannot miss one... imagine 100 lightspheres ard u triggering off @ same time...
    Driving over the 2 lines will let the computer compute the time taken by the car to drive pass the 2 lines. If the time is faster than the stated time ( time it takes at max speed limit to traval over the distance between the 2 lines ), it will fire off 2 frames. If what my friend tells me is correct, there is even a system on the "camera housing" which will show the speed at which the veh is travelling.

I don't think so strong lah. Wait blind by the flash and kanna accident how?
    Last edited by yqt; 27th March 2007 at 05:00 PM.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

Member/Tangshooter

Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    Driving over the 2 lines will let the computer compute the time taken by the car to drive pass the 2 lines. If the time is faster than the stated time ( time it takes at max speed limit to traval over the distance between the 2 lines ), it will fire off 2 frames. If what my friend tells me is correct, there is even a system on the "camera housing" which will show the speed at which the veh is travelling.

I don't think so strong lah. Wait blind by the flash and kanna accident how?
    if i'm not wrong the lines is to detect whether a driver beats the red light..so crossing the 2 lines when the traffic light is red..then the camera will be fired off..

but for those expressway speed cameras..it employs a different kind of technology..because i never see lines on the expressway..
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

actually i what i wanna know is how the fixed speed camera detect ur car... then can come up with counter measure hahahaha.. if its radar or IR or what...

Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz View Post
    if i'm not wrong the lines is to detect whether a driver beats the red light..so crossing the 2 lines when the traffic light is red..then the camera will be fired off..

but for those expressway speed cameras..it employs a different kind of technology..because i never see lines on the expressway..
    For red light camera, the sensors are embedded. You have to cross the lines above certain speed (iirc about 5km/h) to trigger it. Camera will be fired 2 times: once when you cross the lines, second time approximately when you pass through the junction.

The stationary speed camera should be using radar. Mobile ones may be using laser (lidar as they call it).

BC

Member/Tangshooter

Quote Originally Posted by Scaglietti View Post
    For red light camera, the sensors are embedded. You have to cross the lines above certain speed (iirc about 5km/h) to trigger it. Camera will be fired 2 times: once when you cross the lines, second time approximately when you pass through the junction.

The stationary speed camera should be using radar. Mobile ones may be using laser (lidar as they call it).

BC
    Does it means if i drive 3km/h beating the red light..the camera won't trigger?

My info was from a friend, the sensors are on the expressway. After road resurfacing maybe the "lines" got covered up but the sonsors are still working. I'll check with my friend next time I see him but that what he told me last time ( he's a reservist from TP ). If he's giving me a co*k and bull story ........... I'll drive his car over the speed limit through the camera angle at the expressway
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

ok someone pls develop some cheap underground radar receiver or whateva u call it. haha and while u are at it, pls do develop something to detect hiding parking wardens as well... that one more useful...

Member/Tangshooter

Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    My info was from a friend, the sensors are on the expressway. After road resurfacing maybe the "lines" got covered up but the sonsors are still working. I'll check with my friend next time I see him but that what he told me last time ( he's a reservist from TP ). If he's giving me a co*k and bull story ........... I'll drive his car over the speed limit through the camera angle at the expressway
    must ask him which are the decoys oso..as wat i've heard from rumours..

confirm gt decoy, i drove pass the NUS one at over 100, cuz i was talken and forgot bout it, but nothin happened.

Member/Tangshooter

Quote Originally Posted by lumpyme View Post
    ok someone pls develop some cheap underground radar receiver or whateva u call it. haha and while u are at it, pls do develop something to detect hiding parking wardens as well... that one more useful...
    haha..u and my fren same one..he tot of inventing a automatic parking coupons dispenser..so when the parking wardens approach his car, a valid parking coupon will pop out..

Quote Originally Posted by lumpyme View Post
    Radar detectors have been around for a long time already... not here... in the US.

http://www.radarbusters.com/

BC

Radar detectors have been around for a long time already... not here... in the US.

http://www.radarbusters.com/

BC
    i know but i need something i can get here.. thats why i included underground in my statement....

It doesn't have to trigger because at 3km/h beating the red light, they let the cars from the other directions send your car to heaven liao

Yes!!! I saw this happening few years back. But I think back than, the camera will only stop after you cross the sensors at the other end of the junction.

Traffic lights "Red" for a while already
    Old man on motor bike cross the red light at slow speed.
    Traffic junction red light camera flash!!!
    Old man stop.
    Traffic junction red light camera con't to flash!!!
    Old man move backwards to the traffic junction
    Traffic junction red light camera con't to flash!!!
    All cars in all direction stop and don't dare to cross the junction.
    Traffic lights at Old man's side turn "Green"
    Traffic junction red light camera stop flashing
    No one dare to move
    Old man move off
    Everyone one follow

This happen a few years back at the Bukit Merah Crossroad Junction if I remember correctly.

I think they tweeted the systems already.
    Last edited by yqt; 27th March 2007 at 05:47 PM. Reason: add to posting

must ask him which are the decoys oso..as wat i've heard from rumours..
    Many moons ago ask already, they keep changing so don't know but when he's on reservist .................

Quote Originally Posted by photostop View Post
    It is Simple as A B C. All vehicle come in with IU units. The just need to capture your IU ID to do the trick. No photos requires.
    very smart leh you.. hahaha I think you stay in the A B C level better.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

This is becoming another school of photography... Traffic Photography...

BC

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    if i am not wrong, you will need to pay $ if you want to see the picture
    can you keep the picture after paying?
    you have to ask the TP for that
    that'll cost you $70 bucks for the photos in total and confirm appeal no pass unless you got very very good strings to pull or a very very very good reason.

and no.. you don't get to keep them.

However, from a bike forum, many said the system wasn't perfect as many times the picture can be blurred and the system "guessed" your number. If so happen your number kenna 4D you get the ticket sent to your place.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

yes, you will not detect by the camera, but you will hit by many other cars.

Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast