Thread: Colour management in Adobe Bridge?

Default Colour management in Adobe Bridge?

Hi...

Just wondering if anyone know how to select colour setting on Adobe Bridge from CS2?

Regards,

Hart

Default Re: Colour management in Adobe Bridge?

are you using the standalone Photoshop version of Bridge or the Creative Suite version with other adobe software...from the web seems like only Creative Suite versions can adjust colour...me, I don't depend on the colour on Bridge so I don't really bother...

Part of CS2 package.

Anyway, I am asking this because I am getting confused.

Ok.. now here is my situation and see anyone out there has some answer.

I calibrate my monitor using Eye1 Display 2 to 5500K standard.

Of course the calibration depending on the ambient lighting and it will looks different to Adobe RGB 1998 and sRGB colour.

So I am wondering how you guys set the colour management when using Adobe Photoshop CS2? do you use the monitor calibration standard? Or using Adobe RGB standard and convert to sRGB before going to printer?

Regards,

Hart

Quote Originally Posted by Agetan View Post
    Part of CS2 package.

Anyway, I am asking this because I am getting confused.

Ok.. now here is my situation and see anyone out there has some answer.

I calibrate my monitor using Eye1 Display 2 to 5500K standard.

Of course the calibration depending on the ambient lighting and it will looks different to Adobe RGB 1998 and sRGB colour.

So I am wondering how you guys set the colour management when using Adobe Photoshop CS2? do you use the monitor calibration standard? Or using Adobe RGB standard and convert to sRGB before going to printer?

Regards,

Hart
    what i do is the following:

a. calibrate my monitor using spyder. the profile generated by this is automatically attached to the display (check this under display settings=> color management)
    b. in photoshop, i set my working space to prophotorgb (this has the widest gamut of all) and color management policies as convert to working rgb space.
    c. i use an epson 2100 for printing and have profiles for the paper that i normally use - glossy, semi-glossy, archival matte etc. my experiences with outside printing have not been good in terms of color etc. so i dont use these now at all.

i convert to the srgb color space only when i am saving a version of the image for the web. otherwise my image stays in the prophotorgb space.

hope this helps. if you need more information, feel free to ask.

satcat